Friday, December 30, 2011

Top 11 of 2011

Hi, my name is Holly. I own this blog.
I've been MIA due to Christmas and staycation excitement.

Lately...
I've been sick, opened presents, traveled around Ohio, lost our cat, got bad news {more on this later}, found our cat, got good news {more on this later}, sent flowers, felt better, gained a new perspective on life, and enjoyed time with family and friends.
Phew.

This is my last post of 2011.
I say it every year, and I'll say it again: where did this year go?! Time flies when you're having fun.
Let's have a looksee at my Top 11 memories of 2011 {in no particular order}!

11. My sister got married



Heather and Matt were married on June 4.
It was a beautiful day and very fun wedding.
These two are utterly perfect for each other.

10. Epic 5th annual trip to Put-in-Bay with my lady friends





Filled with "celebrity" sighting, sunburns, dancing, and too many drinks.

9. Brittiny's bachelorette weekend in Nashville





We whisked Brittiny away for a surprise bachelorette weekend in Nashville.
I had never been, and I truly loved it there.
There was a lot of dancing, exploring the city, and free drinks.

8. Couples vacation in Myrtle Beach





A whole week of fun in the sun with good friends and strong drinks.

7. Celebrated Team Kell(e)y's 30th birthdays







Kelly and Kelley have been BFFs the majority of their lives.
We celebrated Kelly in August in true rockstar fashion.
We celebrated Kelley in bowl-tastic style.

6. My HLP got married





My heterosexual life partner, Brittany, who is also my best friend from college, got married in November.
She and I had a falling out a few years ago, but have since rekindled our friendship.
I'm so happy to have her back in my life because she is truly a fabulous friend.
I'm so happy that she found Brent :)

5. Bus trip to NYC with the girls






For $50 {half off thanks to Groupon}, we boarded the Fun Bus and took a 12-hour road trip to NYC.
We spent 13 hours exploring the city - walking all the way from Times Square to the tip of Manhattan to see the Statue of Liberty and everything in between, including Ground Zero.
It was a gorgeous day and a lot fun despite really tired feet. 

4. Got a new ride



We traded in my 2008 Mazda 3 for a 2012 Ford Escape.

3. Hosted a Columbus blogger meet up with Katie





I absolutely adore Katie and her blog, and I am so happy to call her a friend in real life now!
About 20 bloggers from Columbus came and it was so much fun getting to meet and chat with each of them.
I am truly grateful for the friendships I have made through blogging.
It's a wonderful community of lovely people, and I'm so happy to be a part of it.

2. Crawl for Cancer





This is one of my favorite events of the year!
The Crawl for Cancer in Columbus raises money for a great cause.
It's also a lot of fun and worth every bit of the $40 per person. 
Mark your calendar for May 26, C-busers!

1. I started grad school

I applied, interviewed, got accepted to, and started my master's program in community counseling.
I took a risk and set my sights on a career path completely different than the one I'm currently on.
I couldn't be happier!
I find every class interesting, and I'm eager to face the challenges grad school brings.
It's not going to be an easy road - working full time, going to school, coaching cheerleading, being a loving wife and fur mommy - but it's one that I think is definitely going to be worth it.

I'm not big on resolutions, because I have been the girl who has made them and given up on them after a few months, errr weeks. So I've set a few goals for the upcoming year which seem more attainable.
We'll see how this goes...

What are your goals for the new year?

Cheers to 2012!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

I didn't know you had a Mazda 3 too! We almost got an Escape, that would have been funny if we traded in the same car FOR the same car too!

Alicia Carlson said...

HLP. I love it.
I am so thankful to have met you in 2011 =) Hope we become better friends in 2012!! We need to get together soon!!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Love all of the pictures, they're too cute!! It sounds/looks like you had a fantastic year! Here's too another wonderful year!

KatyK said...

You had quite the busy year! Here's to more great things in 2012.

KT said...

My first goal of the year is to complete 13.1 in Austin Texas in oh say roughly 49 days....

lori said...

great recap. love that you and your life partner rekindled your friendship :) and that crawl for cancer looks awesome!

Syndal said...

what an awesome year you had!

Kiley said...

good luck with grad school! and cheers to a new year! i've got some big goals for 2012. here's the the best year yet!!!! :)

Carolyn said...

Looks like you had a great 2011! Here's hoping 2012 is even better! :)

Ashley B. said...

Looks like you had an amazing year!!! Hope 2012 is a great year for you as well!!

I have been wanting to do the Cancer Crawl for sooo long!! I want some details on this!!

Miss Chelsea said...

hope the bad news wasnt too bad, and the good news was great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...