Friday, December 2, 2011

you'll shoot your eye out, but you'll look fabulous

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


Yesterday turned out to be crazy, busy, so please accept my sincerest apologies for my short-lived absence from blogland.

Let's jump back on Neely and Amber's fabulous holiday blog challenge train, shall we?

Day 4: Favorite Christmas Movies/TV Specials

Before I get into my favorites, I have to just get this out of the way. 
I cannot stand A Christmas Story.
Anyone else with me or am I alone in this one?


I don't know if I have seen it one too many times, but I absolutely refuse to watch it. I have successfully not watched it for at least the last three years. I'm sorry if you like it, but I guess it just got old for me.

One movie that has grown on me is Elf.


I have to admit. The first time I watched it - and I only watched part of it - I wasn't sold. {Gasp!} But after seeing it all the way through a few times, it has moved to the top of my must-see Christmas movies each year.

Other favorites include:

Home Alone


Shawn still loves to quote, "Buzz's girlfriend, woof!" Hahaha!

The Santa Clause


How the Grinch Stole Christmas


Those darn Whos in Whoville are just so stinkin' cute!

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer


This has been one of my favorites since childhood. Aren't the little claymation reindeer cute?! I saw an ad on TV for it the other day, I'm probably going to tune in just to reconnect with my 7-year-old self.

This year, one movie I'm making a point to watch this holiday season is Love Actually.


Yeah, I haven't seen it. What is this world coming to?!

What are your favorite Christmas movies?


Day 5: The Ideal for Christmas/NYE Festivities

NYE Masquerade

I am dying to host or attend a masquerade party.
I think that NYE would be the perfect time for a classy, masked celebration, do you?

 Have a fabulous week, chickidees!

P.S. Don't miss my Columbus Blogger Meet Up recap next week! I'm so excited to finally meet some of my favorite bloggers tomorrow night! Eeeek! What will I wear?!

11 comments:

Megan O'Dell said...

Haha I have the same Blogger Meet Up question - what do I wear!!! Can't wait!

jessica {creative index} said...

i love all the oldies!! it's a wonderful life is a fave of mine!!

Monica said...

Great movie picks! I have been dying to have a masquerade party too! I should make mine themed this year!

Liv Kit @ Simply Sunshine and Daisies said...

Love the outfit!

Mia Maree said...

I absolutely love the sparkle dress!! Gorgeous!

cal ;) said...

girls night = love actually for sure!!

lori said...

you picked ALL of my favorite movies!!!

and that holiday outfit is fab... my hubs surprised me with NYE plans, so now ive gotta go fancy dress shopping- EXCITED!

Alicia Carlson said...

I am dying to wear something sparkly for New Years!!! Cute dress!!

TaraR said...

Some of those movies are on my top too! Home Alone 2 is a classic as well.

Your newest follower,
Tara

http://abrewofblessings.blogspot.com/

Bunnie said...

Love your blog...so cute!

http://angela2bunnie.blogspot.com

xoxo-Bunnie

Anonymous said...

[p]Choose some other European beads to create your own lovely jewelry pieces . stores single gross sales organizations and shops have been in many nations in quick succession . Seek out experts [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london[/url] to assist you attain the purpose . The genuine branded Pandora jewelry [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo jewellery sale[/url] is very expensive . And these jewelries [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms wholesale
[/url] will let you become much glamorous . Pandora jewelry is the hottest fashion accessory [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo jewellery uk
[/url] trend . It could [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms[/url] possibly be represented by genuine product of . Can also be used decontamination powder, toothpaste or tooth powder smear for polishing.[/p][p]There are only few retailers who [url=http://www.thomassabojewellerysuk.co.uk]thomas sabo sale[/url] are authorized to deal with authentic Pandora Jewelry . Pandora beads

There are many people who sell fake Pandora jewelry online and it is quite hard to tell whether you are buying the real stuff or the fake one . Thomas Sabo Charms篓Ca new market thomas sabo online shop was during the beginning set up in Germany as well as Thomas Sabo class Club selection is now identified throughout the world . They use these jewelry beads to create meaningful charm bracelets or other jewelry pieces that reflect individual style or commemorate momentous life moments . Therefore, you may need to look at other factors [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]wholesale links of london[/url] as well in order to identify the genuine ones . pandora jewelry sites: lovebeadsworld . Are you thinking of buying Pandora jewelry online? If you are, then it is important for you to be aware of sellers who are out there to mislead you into buying fake Pandora jewelry.[/p]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...