Wednesday, January 11, 2012

diy: confetti on canvas

If you're like, then you've loved and pinned a buttload of DIY projects on Pinterest, and may or may not have actually done any of them.

Well, last night, my beautiful, crafty friend Ellie forced me to come over, eat homemade mac and cheese and craft with her. It was awful I tell ya ;) 
But seriously, it was great to catch up with her, enjoy her food and pink bubbly (yum!), and finally, FINALLY complete one of the Pinterest DIY projects I've been swooning over.

I decided to do a Kate Spade-inspired confetti canvas for my office:

Don't you just love it?!

What you need:

Canvas
(I used an 11x17 canvas. They are BOGO free at Michael's this week (and I got a two two packs), and there is a 40% off coupon in their ad this week. Stock up, all you crafty people!)
Pretty scrapbook paper
Glue
(I used a hot glue gun)
Scissors or a 2" hole punch
(I highly recommend the giant hole punch, it would have saved me at least an hour!)

Here's how I did it:

 Blank canvas and pretty paper. I chose a gold, silver and brown color scheme.


If you're not using a hole punch, just find something to trace and make the size circles you desire.

Lots and lots of cutting. If I haven't made myself clear yet, buy a giant hold punch!

My hand hurts!

I laid out the circles to closely mirror the pattern in the Pinterest post.

Then I hot glued the circles to the canvas and voilá! Cheap, easy art for my office.

Up close.

I absolutely love how this turned out!
Thank you, Ellie for making me sit down and do this!

I'm going to make another confetti canvas to mirror this one, so that I can hang them side by side in my office.
I'll post pictures when that happens!

Happy hump day, love bugs!

Photobucket

21 comments:

Kimberly said...

Super cute! I just may have to try my hand at this!

Michelle (michabella) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have this on my to-do list!!!

Holly said...

This is so fun! Love it!

asj said...

so freaking cute - I love this!!

Alana Christine said...

Too cute! Good job!

Shannon Dew said...

LOVE this!! Now I need to see a pic of it on your wall!

Michelle said...

I love this and will be doing it this weekend! Our spare bedroom has been lacking in the decorating area and this is exactley what it needs. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jessie said...

Such a cute idea! So glad you tried this!! I wanna see it hanging on a wall!! Have a great day love!

Ashley said...

so cute!! very creative girl!

KRISTIN said...

That is adorable! I have yet to complete a Pinterest project but I am cooking Pinterest recipes like its my job!

Emily said...

I saw this on instagram last night & I was hoping you would post about it, I'm glad you did! Since it was so easy I may have to try it!

tara said...

I love it!!

sarah said...

i LOVE it!!! a friend of mine and i are doing a craft day this weekend too so maybe this will be one of my projects!

Alicia {to columbus & beyond} said...

LOVE IT!

Cristie Young said...

I LOVE Pinterest, and I have seen this on there before and wanted to do it. You did so well! I love making my own artwork. This Christmas I did a complete DIY Christmas with ideas I got off of Pinterest. It was SO rewarding and worth it!

Have a great night,

Cristie
keepingupwiththeyoung.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Looks great!! I've been wanting to make that, too! Nice job! :)

SimplyHeather said...

I wanna do this! It's super cute.

Jamie said...

Cute!

Kristin said...

It loooks soo good!! I may copy it! :)

Mandy said...

Thank you for the inspiration! I posted my own version on the blog today. =)

Anonymous said...

I'm linking this webpage from my personal blog . this has all the usefull data necessary.

Here is my weblog; why am i not getting pregnant

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...