Friday, January 27, 2012

five things you must...{say}

We are now arriving at gate: weekend.
Don't worry about waiting until the week's come to a complete stop - hightail it the heck outta here so you don't miss your flight to happy hour!
Hiya Friday.

Getting down to business so I can jet off into the weekend.
Here are five things you must say:

#1. I Love You

Three simple, little words that can make such a huge impact.
It's pretty amazing if you ask me.
But don't go giving them away like candy on Halloween.
Say them like, and only if, you mean it.


#2. Please. Thank you. Excuse me.

Source: etsy.com via Holly on Pinterest

Mind your friggin' manners, people.
Remember those from kindergarten?
Quick refresher {I know it may have been awhile since then for some of us}: say please, thank you, excuse me, hold the door, help little old ladies at the grocery store reach the top shelf, etc., etc.  You know, nice things for people.
Some people can be so rude! I mean seriously, who do they think they are?!
It's one of my biggest pet peeves.
Just try these bad boys on for size.
They are warm and fuzzy :)

#3. I'm Sorry


Newsflash: you're not always right.
Neither am I.
I was shocked too.
Allow me to throw some more impact your way - saying "I'm sorry" can be powerful.
But again, be careful with these words.
Say them like, and only if, you mean it.

#4. Hello

 You know all those times you pass a stranger on the sidewalk or ride in silence with someone in the elevator?
How about we all just step up to the plate and hit that awkwardness out of the park?
Whatdayasay?
Make eye contact {yes, I know it's awkward} and say hello.
There is a sense of relief and achievement when you're the first to break the ice. And you never know- your smile may be the only one that person sees all day. So give it all you got.
I hate when I pass a person on the sidewalk and they don't even make eye contact.
Why don't we all challenge ourselves to be friendly and just say "hi" next time?
You might just make someone's day. Maybe even yours.
It's all about the little things.
Plus, smiling {and saying "hello," I'm throwing that in there too} has lots of health benefits like increasing endorphins and serotonin, changing our mood, making us more attractive, etc.
Who doesn't want these things?!

#5. How Can I Help?


Whether or not someone actually needs the help, it's always nice to reach out to that person just in case.
Some people don't know how to ask for help or hate doing it, so taking the initiative to offer your help or support can put them at ease.
Whether it's helping the hostess with party planning, donating your time at a shelter, cheering a friend across the finish line, or comforting a loved one, just ask how you can help. 
Be a support.
Be a really good friend.
Pay it forward.
Generate good karma.


A few quick reminders if you've made it this far:
1. Link up with Chelsea and I for MIMO Monday!
2. Prepare for an awesome giveaway next week in honor of my blogiversary!
{if you or someone you know wants to donate an item to my giveaway, please email me. I will be featuring all the donors/shops next week :)}

Have a great weekend, love bugs!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Christina said...

absolutely love this.

Carolyn said...

These are all things EVERYONE should say. Great post. :)

Neely said...

I love these posts!

Nicole Rene said...

Aww I love this. Especially the saying hello to a stranger thing. I'm always shy about that but it ABSOLUTELY MAKES my day when a stranger says hi to me! I don't know why :) And also the Sorry part. I think it's so important to just say sorry when you're in the wrong. I cut the bs & excuses and just say sorry.

What is MIMO Monday?!?!?

Have a fabulous weekend! Guess I'll be coming back Monday to check that out !

Nicole
http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com

Kels said...

love this post! Especially the please & thank you..sometimes people forget how wonderful those two little words can be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...