Monday, January 23, 2012

mimo monday + scenes from the weekend + a solicitation

Make It My Own Monday is back!

I am short on grand entrances and wit this morning {much like every morning}, so let's get right to it.

Here is my inspiration outfit:
{well kinda. I admit I actually found an outfit to resemble what I wore. This one will do.}
You may remember this from a couple weeks ago.


Can't go wrong with cute and cozy, now can ya?

Here's what I wore:

Navy oversized sweater: The Limited via MJR Warehouse
Jeggings: American Eagle
Boots: UrbanOG.com
Scarf: Old Navy

I've worn this outfit a couple times, and the last time I had on gray boot socks, but alas, they were dirty for this photo shoot.
I wasn't so sure about the sweater when I first purchased it, because I was hesitant it was going to make me look like a trash bag. Well, trash bag or not, it's easy and comfy and I love it.
And the short sleeves are great for winter weather that feels more like spring, like we're experiencing today.

So what'd you wear?
Did you see what my co-host Chelsea wore?! Stinkin' adorable.
Link up, beaches!




 This weekend:
We attended a beautiful funeral and celebration of life ceremony for my best friend Kristen and her husband Rik's {one of Shawn's best friends} son Joey, who died on Dec. 23, 2011 at 19 weeks and 6 days.
{click here if you missed my post}
And in honor of Joey, Kristen submitted his name to be written in the sand of Christian's Beach in Australia, which has the most amazing sunsets.
His picture was featured on the To Write Their Names in the Sand blog on Thursday, Jan. 19.
To Write Their Names in the Sand is a blog dedicated to honoring babies and children who were taken too soon.
It's simply gorgeous, and I now know two women who cherish the photo of their baby's name in the sand.
If you, or someone you know, has experienced the loss of pregnancy or a child, this is perfect for remembering your little one.

On Saturday night, I had dinner with some lovely bloggers {Lindsey, Lindsey, Shannon, Aly, Alicia}and some of Lindsey's college girlfriends at Polaris Grill, which I had never been to but really enjoyed.

 {Lindsey, Shannon and I}

{Shannon, Aly, me, Lindsey. I stole these pics from Shannon because hers turned out better than mine :)}

Can I just tell you how EXCITED I was to finally meet Aly!
She is a gem and a tall, beautiful one at that.
I can't wait to visit her and Miss Chelsea, who wasn't able to come this weekend.

Alicia and I topped off Saturday night with a trip to the Arena District to meet up with Katie for her friend's going-away party.
The photos speak for themselves:






I hope you had a lovely weekend.


Now a quick solicitation:
RIS is turning 3 on February 5!
My baby is growing up so fast.
And for her birthday, she wants to do a big birthday giveaway.
Can't argue with the birthday girl.
This is where you, or people you know, come in:
If you, or someone you know, have an Etsy shop, are crafty, or just want to donate an item to the giveaway, email me pronto!
You will get mad love for your contributions and RIS and I will be forever grateful.

Happy Monday, kiddos!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Shannon Dew said...

You have great style. that is all.

Katie said...

you're cute


that's all

love ya bye

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

I love that MiMO is back. I think I'm going to have to change my link-up to Friday's so I can still do this. I love your outfit!! You look great.

Miss Chelsea said...

I'm sad that I didn't get to come hang out!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Cute outfit!! Looks like such a fun weekend :) LOVE the last picture!

Kelly said...

Such a cute outfit-- nice and cozy!! And it looks like you had a blast of a weekend :-D Jealous that you got to meet and hang with all of those girls!

Daniela said...

very cute, I especially love the boots

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you were able to come out on Saturday night. Next time, I'm totally coming out with you, Katie, and Alicia. It looks like you guys had an amazing time!

KRISTIN said...

love the outfit! looks like you ladies had another fun weekend! :)

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

I think I'm obsessed with your blog! New follower!

Carolyn said...

Love the outfit! :)

Alicia {to columbus & beyond} said...

1.You own entirely too many scarves.
2. Had fun this weekend with you boo boo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...