Wednesday, January 25, 2012

my favorite city

Hump, hump, hump it up!
Hump that Wednesday spirit up!

Besides a healthy dose of corny and cheesy, I'm loving and pinning travel destinations!
Shawn and I have been planning our return to Cozumel this spring, and it's no wonder that I have been plagued by the travel bug. This little bugga boo has me dreaming about all the exotic places I'd love to see before I croak.

It also has me thinking that being a travel blogger wouldn't be a bad gig. 
Now, if I could just get a someone to take the bait and fly me around the world...

But often I catch myself in the beautiful la la land of foreign vacation hot spots, and I forget about all the amazing places right here in the good ol' U.S. of A.
And then I think about Charleston, SC.
It's one of my favorite America cities.

Source: google.com via Holly on Pinterest

My family vacationed in Myrtle Beach for years, and would venture to Charleston to stay with my aunt and uncle {they recently moved to Wilmington, NC} and tour the city. Those were some of my favorite days of vacation.
One of my favorite places to visit is the Charleston Market.

Source: google.com via Holly on Pinterest

I loved perusing through the countless shops in the market and could spend hours there.

Another one of my favorite spots is Battery Park.

Source: google.com via Holly on Pinterest

It's a gorgeous waterfront park lined with to-die-for houses.

I haven't visited Charleston in a long time, but it still holds a very special place in my heart.
I hope to visit again soon. Perhaps a road trip to introduce the hubby to this amazing city.
Maybe we'll even get a personal tour by Christina?! You have to check out her blog so that you can experience the wonders of Charleston vicariously through her with me :) Deal?

Source: google.com via Holly on Pinterest

Source: google.com via Holly on Pinterest





Source: houzz.com via Holly on Pinterest


Source: flickr.com via Holly on Pinterest


Anyone coming with?
What's your favorite America city?

What are you loving {link up with Jamie} and pinning {link up with Michelle} this week?

Photobucket

20 comments:

Nikki said...

I'll be in Charleston at the end of Feb :)

Leslie said...

I have only been to Charleston once and it was when I was little. I am dying to go back!! Love these pictures :)

Audra said...

I would love to go! :) I've been once and I loved it!

Leah said...

So pretty! I've always wanted to go to Charleston!

Ashlyn said...

my family is from Charleston & it is one my absolute favorite places to visit. i can NEVER get enough. there is so much to do & the weather is great. i mean it does kinda get alittle hot but that makes going to the beach that must better.

rainbow row is one of my favorite places! -- i recently took photos of my little brother there!

xoxo
ashlyn

www.myunrehearsedlifetheblog.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I love Charleston, too! I was SO mad when my brother moved from there - it was such a great spot to visit!!

Ashley said...

oooo I want to go, take me!!!

Julie said...

awesome photos! im hoping to take my first trip to charleston this spring :)

Julie

sweethomenashville.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I feel like I'm ALWAYS bit by the travel. bug. darn him. or her!

:) charleston is awesome!!!

Jenny said...

Never been but hubby & I are planning our anniversary trip (yes, already even though it isn't until August!) and we've talked about going to Savannah & Charleston so this post was great.

Nicole Rene said...

Like you, my family travels to Myrtle Beach but we go every single year. I think I only missed once & that's when I was studying abroad in Ireland. Anyway, seeing these pictures of Charleston I am thinking I need ot make the trip there! Looks so beautiful!!! I've heard amazing things & now seeing it I am convinced...

Can I be a travel blogger too?? haha! :)

Nicole

Miss Chelsea said...

Charleston is one of my favorite US cities too! Love it there

Alyssa said...

Isn't Battery Park beautiful! I love living so close to Charleston! It's such a pretty city!

Ashley said...

I would love to visit Charleston! It looks absolutely beautiful!

Sara Mueller said...

We are moving to NC from Peru soon. I can't wait to be back in the States!

Ashley said...

Aw I love this post! I just moved from Charleston and miss it so much. Hands down my favorite city in America :)

Emily said...

Pat is in a wedding in Charleston in may and I will be the first trip to the city for both of us. We can't wait and your post made me even more excited!

Christina said...

MY CITY!!!! Come visit meeeee!

cal ;) said...

loveeee this post!!!

Carolyn said...

Oh I could totally be a travel blogger! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...