Monday, February 20, 2012

mimo monday + a tatered heart

If you are off work {or school} today honoring the presidents, we cannot be friends until tomorrow.
So in the meantime, it's Make It My Own Monday.

Here's the inspiration:


This is one of the first things I pinned to my style board.
{you can follow me on Pinterest here}
I think I pinned it for the notable stacked arm candy, but it may also explain my obsession with the color camel the past few months.
Though it doesn't do much for my pale skin {which I have been working to remedy regularly with the help of L'Oreal Sublime tan towlettes}, I have been gravitating toward this color subconsciously.
I just love it.
It's a soft, sophisticated color that matches just about anything.

Here's what I wore on a shopping trip this weekend to the Tanger Outlets in Jeffersonville with the hubster and the in-laws:






sweater: Old Navy
jeggings: American Eagle
scarf: Forever 21
boots: UrbanOG


Um, can we talk about that navy and white polka dot scarf?
It's the bees knees.
This outfit really isn't anything special, but I loved it.
I felt great in it, which means I will be wearing it often.
Do you have simple go-to outfits that make you feel amazing?
Keep rockin' 'em, people!
Why mess with a good thing?

Link up with Miss Chelsea and I to show off your sweet Pinterest inspired duds:


 And if you follow me on Instagram {hritter18}, then you may have seen this gem that Shawn slaved all night to make me:


A tater tot heart.
He obviously loves me.


Photobucket

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was expecting to see some gold jewelry. I feel like that's a critical piece of the original look! I'm with you on the camel color. Very cute, but not good with my skin tone :(

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Adorable outfit!! You always pick the cutest things!

Everyday Adventures said...

Love your outfit super cute! I really want that polka dot scarf in navy!!! Heading to Forever 21 this week!!

Neely said...

Love it! You look super cute!!

TaraR said...

Love the look, casual & chic ;) And I'm addicted to the Pinterest!

Happy Monday...and no I'm not off {I wish}.

tara xo

Megan said...

You are so cute! Love the scarf and boots! And a tater tot heart?! Perfection!!

Jessica @ Lovely Little Things said...

Well looks like we can be friends today because I had work AND school today. BUST!

Anyway - I love that scarf that you have on!
I'm a huge scarf lover but since I live in Florida, I usually sweat to death if I wear them past January...so I just live through all of you cold-state living ladies ;)

xo

Ashley said...

I love that scarf for sure! I have a red one with white polka dots that I wear with a navy cardi, not the same as that cute scarf but hey!

Love the color camel and I love stacking jewelry, especially if its gold! I am so into gold!

Hope you 5 day work week isn't too bad! Sorry I had off :)

KatyK said...

Haha....how funny is it that I too do not find the color camel flattering on me either...tho I love it. And I'm about...oh 5 or 6 shades deeper than you. lol.

I'm a sucker for polka dots too. Very cute!

Stephanie said...

My favorite shot is the one of you and your leg propped up on the bathroom counter. LOVE IT.

Oh-and the tater tot heart is precious. No really. It'd take an act of congress for Beau to be that thoughtful.

Pfffft. Whatevs Sean. (Or is it Shawn? Shit.)

xoxo

Stephanie said...

My favorite shot is the one of you and your leg propped up on the bathroom counter. LOVE IT.

Oh-and the tater tot heart is precious. No really. It'd take an act of congress for Beau to be that thoughtful.

Pfffft. Whatevs Sean. (Or is it Shawn? Shit.)

xoxo

Carolyn said...

Love it!!! :) That scarf is SO CUTE!

Mary said...

Super cute!!

Kasey Lynne said...

Umm what are these tan towlettes you speak of?? This pale bride-to-be needs all the help she can get!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

ahh a tater tot heart how sweet!! love your outfit that polka dot scarf it is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...