Friday, March 30, 2012

five things {current obsessions}

Sweet baby Jesus, it's Friday!
FINALLY!
Found out yesterday that I got a week extension on the deadline for my 20-page, group therapy research paper, and I wet myself a little out of pure excitement and relief. I told Shawn, and he promptly responded with, "Well, I guess you have another week to procrastinate."
Challenge accepted. 
I'm going to make that paper my bitch this weekend! Or at least start writing it if at all possible.
I've read so many articles on my topic. I think I might actually be blue in the face.

Next week, Shawn is on spring break, so I took the week off as well so that we could enjoy a little staycation.
I'd love to say we are jetting off to the beach, but that's going to have to wait until the summer.
Bummer.
But I'm not complaining about a week off. No siree!

Alright, alright. Enough rambling.
My mind is mush today.
I'm surprised I'm still intelligent enough to type.
I need wine.

Here are five things I'm currently obsessing over:

#1. Daily Glow Moisturizer + St. Ives Vitamin E Lotion


 I bought the Meijer brand of the daily glow moisturizer. Works just fine.
Thanks to Katie's suggestion, I started mixing the daily glow moisturizer with my everyday lotion.
My Casper-white skin just isn't cutting it in this spring weather.
I use it every morning, and sometimes at night.
And I might be weird, but I love the smell of the two mixed together.
I've used it for about a week and the results look so natural. They are subtle but definitely there.

#2. Running


It just makes me feel so good. In a hurts-so-good kind of way.
The furthest I've run is six miles, but I've got to do 7 or 8 this weekend if I'm going to stand a chance against 13.1 on May 5.
I'm strangely excited.
 And training for the half marathon is perfect preparation for bikini season.
These gams have got to get in shape and drop some celly before I dare venture into a swimsuit.
Summer is not ready for all my jelly, but some more running mixed with some weightlifting and I'm golden.

#3. Spring Nights


 This was my drive home from a 4-mile run on Wednesday night.
Perfection.

#4. Light Weight Printed Scarves


Well, you all know about my obscene scarf obsession and collection, but lately I've been wearing my light weight, printed scarves.
They are perfect for the change in seasons and add a pop of color when I need it.

#5. Pink Sony VAIO Laptop


Shawn got this bad girl for me for my birthday.
Me = SPOILED!
I kept telling him I wanted a MacBook Pro, but he said he just couldn't justify the price given I already have an iPhone and an iPad.
Touché.
So he was so sweet to upgrade this lil mama to the same processor as the MacBook Pro.
And it was half the price.
She runs like a dream.

So what are your weekend plans?
{sorry for the lack of appropriate segue}

Tonight, we're celebrating Brittany's 29th birthday with dinner in the Short North at Black Olive!


Brittany was my BFF all through college.
And if a picture is worth a thousand words, then you already know this girl.
She rocks my socks.
Happy Birthday, B!

Tomorrow, I plan to hit up the mall for spice up my closet for spring.


These bad boys, plus several others, are burning a hole in my wallet.

And of course, I'll be cheering on my Buckeyes as they take on Kansas Saturday night at 9!


O-H!

Happy Friday, love bugs!


Photobucket

19 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yay for a staycation! Jealous! :) I need one badly!!! Good work on the running! I am only up to about a mile before I'm walking! HAHA

Shannon Dew said...

You are the scarf queen and I love this one just as much as the others! Oh and Natural Glow makes me cringe at the smell but works so good! I found the L'Oreal Sublime last summer and it doesn't smell as awful and I like it b/c it's dark so I can see where I"m putting it! Oh and I-O!

Katie said...

Another week to procrastinate hahaha that was so me when it came to school work too!!

Enjoy your time off with your husband! :)

I wish I could make myself run that much. I just can't keep myself motivated to keep on it so that I could eventually build up to a long distance run.

I might also have to take Katie's advice and try the daily glow moisturizer and lotion combo!! Worth a shot. Do you do it on your face as well?

Katie said...

"These gams have got to get in shape and drop some celly before I dare venture into a swimsuit." <--LOVE. hahaha. To Katie's comment above, Jergens has a seperate specific bottle just for your face! it is even more amazing than the regular lotion.

:)

caitlin said...

thank you so much for the idea to try the daily glow moisturizer + lotion! this prego lady needs a little tan! :)

Ashley said...

I-O!!!

Cant wait to watch the Buckeyes!! Yay!! What are you doing for the game? I love Jergens, the best!! and lovin that scarf too, lady!

Mateya said...

I mix my natural glow lotion with my regular lotion too. Much better than that yucky smell!

How fun to take a week off with the hubby...jealous!

Lindsay K {lastyearoftwentysomething} said...

Love me some Jergen's natural glow! I use it everyday! Love the Black Olive too! One of my fav spots in Columbus! Happy weekend!

Michelle (michabella) said...

I oddly like the smell of Jergens Natural Glow! Favorite lotion!!! Enjoy the staycation!! And hellllls ya, GO BUCKEYES!

Hope you get in a nice long run!!

Kori Donahue said...

I'm loving running right now too and completely agree with you! Hope you get a chance to come by and check out my new blog look! Have a great day darling! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

lori said...

enjoy your staycation!!

and shopping tomorrow :) i wish i had me some gift cards!

The Sweet Life said...

Love that scarf and a staycation doesn't sound half bad. I'd love to have the week off.

Enjoy. :)

Angela said...

I-O!!
I'm going to use your tip with mixing the Glow with lotion! I have it and the smell makes me cringe. Thanks!!

Kristin said...

writing a paper at the last minute it the way to go!! the pressure helps!

Emily Meyers said...

Hello! Love your blog!! I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to come follow my blog and be a part of a really fun giveaway I’m having!

Hope to see you there! Thanks!

http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-for-giveaway.html

AW said...

"Challenge accepted."

All I hear when I read that is Barney Stinson: Suit up!

Anyways! Enjoy shopping! I can't get enough of forever21!

Good luck on your paper/research! Prove him wrong, girl!

Courtney @ The Daily Wags said...

I had a Sony Vaio allll through college and it was GREAT! your going to love it

Brandy said...

I'm a scarf-addict too!

Myra said...

Just stumbled on your blog for the first time and so glad I did! You are so fun.

I have a scarf addiction too. You'll do great on the half! You'll be surprised just how far your adrenaline rush will get you even before the training kicks in :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...