Monday, March 5, 2012

mimo monday featuring alicia from {to columbus and beyond}

Happy Monday, kiddie puffs!
How was your weekend?
Friday night I had a tournament game with my cheerleaders, then I ended up coming home, jumping into some sweats and reading nearly half of The Hunger Games.
Now, I know what all the hype was about!
I finished the book yesterday and cannot wait to dive right into the next book in the series!
You better believe I'll be one of the first in line to see the movie when it comes out March 23.
 {via}
Have you read The Hunger Games?
What did you think?
Will you go see the movie?

Saturday I bummed around until Alicia and I got together to make a surprise for Katie's husband's birthday.
Visit Katie's blog to see what our {mine, Alicia and Kelsey's {p.s. Kels is having an awesome blog sale - check it out!} surprise was.
It was a hit!
Then we headed downtown to celebrate Billhead's birthday.

Sunday we hooked up for lunch with Shawn's parents who had just picked up his grandma from the airport. She had just returned from her trip to DC to visit Shawn's uncle, aunt and cousins.
Then I spent the rest of the day reading and napping.
All-in-all not a bad little weekend.

Now, Make It My Own Monday.
I only said we {me and Chelsea} we're putting the link up on hold, but I am still continuing to do MIMO Monday, but with a twist.
I want to feature YOU!
Yes, you!
If you have recreated a Pinterest-inspired outfit, then I'd love to feature you on MIMO Monday!
Just shoot me an email if you're interested!

Kicking off this new edition of MIMO Monday is Alicia from To Columbus and Beyond.
Let me just tell ya...I love this girl!
She's gorgeous and funny and down-to-earth and feisty and just all around amazeballs!

Here is how she recreated her Pinterest-inspired outfit:


I love how bright and simple and spunky this outfit is!
Alicia is a teacher so I loved how she was able to add a pop of pink into her classroom attire.
I don't usually do the collared shirt under a sweater gig very often because the collared shirt always gets bunched up underneath and frankly, it's more trouble than it's worth.
Yes, some beauty/fashion is not worth the pain.
Well, Alicia has a cure!
This weekend she shared her secret to successfully keeping a collared shirt under a sweater in place with me.
A body suit!
Wear a tank body suit over top of the collared shirt, then put the sweater over top.
The body suit helps keep the collared shirt in place.
Homegirl is a genius!

What are your fashion secrets/tips?
I'd love to hear and share them on RIS, so email them to me :)

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
You have until Thursday to enter :)


Photobucket

6 comments:

Katie said...

Holly this is a great idea to feature people! Alicia you look adorable and I love that outfit you put together. I want to be featured :) Thank you so much again for the shirts you guys are soo sweet and I love ya!!!

lori said...

i loved the hunger games! i will definitely be going to see the movie right away. i cannot wait!!

Tabitha Mahoney said...

LOVE Hunger Games. Such a great series and I'll be so sad if the movie doesn't do it justice.

Alicia @ To Columbus and Beyond! said...

It's hard to be a cute teacher, but I feel like I do it pretty well ;) Thanks Holly!

Annie said...

I LOVED The Hunger Games! I am definitely going to see the movie - and at midnight no less. I am going to be exhausted for work the next morning, but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Mary said...

How fun to feature people! I'd love to help if you ever need to fill a gap :)

Also, yay for the Hunger Games!!! I LOVE the series and can't wait for the movie!! Apparently the author wrote the screenplay so I'm hoping that the films will be true to the books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...