Tuesday, March 20, 2012

st. patrick's day/birthday recap in pictures

I was out of commission yesterday because I got a BIG ol' dose of allergies for my birthday on Sunday.
I'm still battling sinus pressure, drainage, and more phlegm than should come out of one person's body.
Sorry for the TMI.
28 came with all sorts of sexiness, obvs.
God bless Mucinex!

But today you get to see some real, sexy party animals in a photo recap of this weekend's festivities!
We had so much fun on Saturday for St. Patrick's Day/my birthday celebration {luckily I wasn't sick then}!
I ran the Flannagans 5K in the morning and finished in 29 minutes and 34 seconds!
Then met some fine ladies and their gents for my birthday lunch at El Vaquero.
The girls got me some sweet gifts, including jewelry and scarves! They know me so well. I love it all! And them of course!
And it wasn't a celebration until the wait staff put a big, green sombrero on my head, sang to me and made me take a shot of tequila!
Olé!
After lunch, we headed back to Flannagans to watch the Buckeye game and listen to numerous bands.
The weather was gorgeous, and I couldn't have asked for a better day to celebrate Shawn's heritage and my birthday!

Now without further adieu, the photos you're DYING to see!

{after the 5K with Alicia, Shannon and Lindsey}

{Katie got me a cake! Isn't she sweet?! Not pictured are the green cake pops and green balloons that Alicia got me!}


{me with Kelsey, Amber, Katie and Alicia}

{And Alicia made awesome green 'staches!}


{we got to play around in the photobooth at Flannagans for FREE!}


{Shawn was asked to be in several pictures with total strangers and had a few ladies slap his buns! Apparently I'm not the only one who loves redheads ;)}



I'm so glad my allergies held off so that I could party my pants off with these awesome peeps!
And I have to thank my hubby for being the DD. What a trooper!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes on Twitter and Facebook. You rock my socks!
Here's to my 28th year! :)
Photobucket

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks like a great St. Patty's day/Birthday celebration!! :)

Kelly said...

FUN!! LOVE all of the photos, looks like a blast!! I wasn't on Twitter much this weekend so I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday!!

Mama and her boys said...

Looks like so much fun. Allergies suck so bad. what a good hubby to DD.

RealDanaGentry said...

Such cute pics! Happy belated birthday!! Looks like you had a blast! (minus the allergies, mine are horrible today too!)

Katie said...

Cute pics!! Looks like you had a great birthday!

No fun being sick now though. :( Feel better!

Meghan @ Shine On said...

Love the photos!! Happy birthday (again)!! =)

Keep Shining,
Meghan

Crystal Seed said...

Looks like you had an absolute blast!!! Congrats on the 5k too!! Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!

Neely said...

Looks like quite the celebration :)

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm so glad you had a great day! Happy (late) birthday!

Lindsey said...

i had SO much fun with you at the 5k.. so sorry that i didn't make it out for the aftermath at flanagans! lets plan something soon!

Katie said...

Had a great time with you my dear! can't wait our date this weekend..my allergies are AWFUL too. I've sneezed over 10 times today already.

The Sweet Life said...

Happy late birthday! I missed so much while I was in Chicago...love the green mustaches. My friend and I had the same idea. Haha. Looks like you had a blast!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...