Thursday, March 1, 2012

why i married a redhead

You may have heard that redheads are a dying breed.
I am so lucky to have snatched one up before they were gone!
In the future, I may be responsible for populating the planet with ginger babies to keep this endangered species from becoming extinct.
Just playing the cards I was dealt, folks.
Luck o' the Irish, I suppose.
We should all be so lucky.
HA!
So why did I marry a redhead?
To be able to dress him up like this, obviously:


{he may pummel me for these pics.}

I have yet to convince him to dress up as a legit leprechaun for St. Patrick's Day.
Believe me, I've tried.
I mean, I think it's the least he could do to pay homage to his people.
At least I got him to start wearing green for the occasion.
And this year, he wants to wear this:


{You could too if you enter my giveaway!}

Bahahaha! DYING!
He will look so silly {and awesome} in this t-shirt!
And he was like a kid in a candy store when I showed it to him last night!
First question he asked was if they had express shipping so he could have it RIGHT NOW!
Then he asked if I would rig my giveaway so he could win.
I made no promises.

But seriously, I am green with excitement that March is here!
We have a party next weekend for my BFF's hubby's birthday.
The next weekend it's on like Donkey Kong for St. Patty's Party's Day and my BIRTHDAY!
Here's a quick look back at past birthday celebrations {in pictures I could find}:

 {celebrating 23...I wish I still had that "party your shamrocks off" button!}

 {celebrating 26}


 {celebrating 27}

This year marks the beginning of my 28th year.
And I still get mistaken for a high school student.
Boom!
Wanna know my secret to looking younger?

Kissing a redhead.

And everybody wants a piece of my fountain of youth!


 But I don't just kiss him cause he's Irish ;)

Photobucket

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Hah!! Love it :-D Love your photos. I'M redhead... maybe I should start kissing myself in the mirror each night so that I keep my youthful glow?? ;-)

Mary said...

You are so stinkin' cute!! You should get a group together and come to Chicago for St. Patrick's Day! :)

Carolyn said...

YAY! I can't wait for St. Patty's day! :)

callie ;) said...

aww, i love that picture of us!! i was going to ask you what your plans are for your bday this year. it falls on a weekend - woo! :)

p.s. shawn looks less than thrilled in that first picture, haha.

sarah @ shades for {.e.v.e.r.y.} adventure said...

hahahaha, priceless this one. i happen to be fan of gingers, and too would like to populate the world with little ginger babies. i'm actually super jealous whenever i see someone with fabulous red hair!

Erin said...

Haha! I'm a redhead too and also am hoping to one day populate the world with little gingers! :) Also, I laughed out loud when I read what you said about turning 28 and being mistaken for a student. I turned 28 in September and I get asked all the time what grade I'm in, lol! I guess it's better than being mistaken for being much older?? :/

Alicia @ To Columbus and Beyond! said...

EEEEEK I'm so excited to celebrate with you!!

PS Shawn has no soul

Torie said...

This is adorable and hilarious and I love it! Irish is the way to go. I might be biased, being at least a bit Irish myself. :P Fun post.

L.C. said...

I found your blog through L.A.I.D. I'm marrying a redhead too! Gotta love men with red hair. ;)

Buckeye Couple said...

Too cute! That shirt is hysterical!

Kirsten said...

I'm married to a red head ... and my brother is a red head ... everyone loves a red head!

Audra said...

hahahahahahah love this!

ashlyn williams said...

loving your cute little blog!
i was following you before, but lost all my followers :/

can't wait to read more!

xx :: ashlyn

Kait and Michele said...

Super cute blog!

New follower!

Love for you to check us out and follow us back :)!
www.highheelsandhotdeals.com

mandell said...

I'm marrying a red head and I cant wait to have his gingy babies! man, those red heads are for real, the best!!

Beth said...

i found you through Katie's blog and stumbled upon this gem of a post. i'm a ginger myself and i've had guys come up to me at bars asking if i knew i was going extinct. atleast 2 times that's happened. 2 different dudes, 2 different bars, 2 different cities, 2 different states. it must be a serious matter. unfortch i will not be procreating with said gents to keep my species growing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...