Friday, May 25, 2012

dear little sister


Dear Casey,

I can't believe you're graduating from high school today.
I still remember flipping through the baby name book at the hospital the day Mom had you.
I was 10.
Time flies.
Though I've grown up, I've always thought of you as the little girl we used to pick on. 
{'Cause that's what older sisters do.}


 The little girl who gave us this face when she's had enough.


The one who always wanted to take silly pictures.


  The little girl who HATED the "Scream mask" and wouldn't come in our room because you knew it was in the closet. 
{And now you like scary movies. Oh, the irony.}


The little girl who was so excited to have us visit from college.


The little girl who was so excited to be in our weddings.



Now, you're taller than me {and skinnier with bigger boobs...ugh!}.
I obviously haven't aged at all in the last 10 years, but you have grown up right in front of me.
And I am so proud of you. Of who you are and where you're going. More than you know.


But it's nice to know that some things haven't changed.
You still take silly pictures.


We still pick on you. 


You're still excited when we come home to visit.


And you're still beautiful.


I am so excited about all the possibilities that lie ahead for you!
Stay kind, keep an open mind and follow your dreams.

I love you.

Love, Holly

Photobucket

16 comments:

J and A said...

What a sweet post. Ah sisters are so fun! :)

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

omg i love this!!!! sisterly bonds are so wonderful! and how freaking cute is your sis! you guys look alike! and im her defense i hate that scream mask too it still scares me to this day!! haha!! have a great weekend love!

xo

Jenna said...

That is so sweet! What a great big sister you are! You ladies are beautiful!

Congratulations to your baby sis!

Brittany said...

Y'all are too cute!! Congratulations to your sister. My sister & I are ten years apart too. You seem to have a pretty good relationship though! My sister is 12 now & it's hard for me to feel that bond :/

Katie said...

she is beautiful!!!

sara with an h said...

i love her dress!! you guys are adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice Miss Holly...made me cry! Can't believe she's graduating!!! I remember when Heather left for college and Casey spent the night. Heather brought her over and she came in the house crying and just hugged me for what seemed like eternity! I was prepared though... I had OREOS!!! So proud of my 3 beautiful nieces and I love you all very much!!!

lori said...

aww this is so sweet. congrats to your baby sister!! so exciting!

Mary said...

You're so sweet! What a good sister!

Valerie Griffin said...

congrats to her!

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

Love your sister's prom dress! TOTALLY my style!

Congrats to her!

Soundtrack Blogger said...

that was an amazing prom dress! Super cute! Congrats!!

Jessica said...

Aw, such sweetness! -Jessica

Carolyn said...

This is so sweet! Happy birthday to your sister!!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I love sisterly love! Congrats to your baby sister!

Miss Chelsea said...

This is so sweet (sorry, am playing catch up on blogs ha) I always wished I had a sister. You guys always have this enviable bond that nothing can compete with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...