Monday, June 4, 2012

bullet points

Happy Monday, dudettes!
This weekend was like a breath of fresh air.
And not just because the temps lent themselves to open windows and doors all weekend.
I got to sit. To relax. To spend some quality time with the husband. To see my sister and her husband.
To have dinner with Shawn's parents on a whim. To fold laundry! To catch up with a good friend.
It's amazing what a little fresh air can do.

Just had a few things to share today, and studies show people read bullet points more than long paragraphs. 
So, let's do this thang:
  • After talking with Alicia over dinner on Friday night, I felt refreshed. She and I have a lot more in common than I imagined. I realized that we're both setting out on a renewed journey of self-discovery. A journey to be happy. For ourselves. With who we are. To enjoy our lives, not simply live them. We also have similar views on things in this world, i.e. human behavior. Some people are worth fighting for and having in our lives, and some people are just straight cray.
  • I am dying for a new tattoo! Alicia is to blame. For months I have been struggling to find the perfect tattoo {because I'm not a person who just gets one to get one}, and when she showed me the one she just got, I was like "that's it!" More on this later...
  • I am horrible at birthday present shopping. I am sooooo indecisive. I stood in Target for 20 more minutes after Shawn had already bee-lined for the car and I still ended up with nada. Seriously, what is my problem?!
  • Holy 50 Shades of Grey!
  • I have this overwhelming urge to want to reorganize my WHOLE house. Lord, give Shawn strength as I'm about to go all Martha Stewart up in hurrr!
  • Yesterday, while doing homework, I was elated- yes elated- to be watching a Criminal Minds marathon. And my fave summer show, The Glades, started last night. I'm a crime show junkie.
  • I have no patience for constantly negative people. Or people who want to complain, but not help themselves or make a change. Get your shiz together!
  • I'm bringing MIMO back. YEP! If you're new here, Miss Chelsea and I used to do this little thing on Mondays called Make It My Own Monday. We would take turns picking out an outfit on Pinterest to recreate, but we started slacking and then it just disappeared. But I need it back in my life! I need motivation for using the clothes I already have to creative comfortable, semi-fashionable outfits, rather than spending my life's savings on new duds. So last night before bed, I picked out an outfit to test out this morning. Here's how it went down:
Inspiration outfit:

Source: bodenusa.com via Holly on Pinterest


What I wore:

 shirt: Old Navy; crops: Target; shoes: Payless; earrings: Stella & Dot {won in a giveaway!}; bracelets: Forever 21 {bday present from Katie}


Keep it classy, blogland ;)

Photobucket

24 comments:

Samantha George-Realtor said...

Cute- love the idea of using things in your wardrobe already! & I'm totally on the same page with re-organizing my entire house! That was literally in my blog post this morning.

Meghan @ Shine On said...

You are so cute!!! Love the MIMO idea..I'll have to hop on one of these Mondays. =)

xox!

Sami said...

Hahah you are just too cute! Loving that last pose! This is such a great idea. I always get bummed because I pin outfits that I "don't have" but I'm willing to bet I could recreate some of them just by digging around in what I do have! I'll def have to join in :)

The Pink Growl said...

You are too cute in your bathroom pose! I love those gold boat shoes, I've been eyeing them for like a year. I doubt I will ever buy them, but I do love them. I just started reading 50 shades of grey today on my lunch break. I can't wait to get into it!

Miss Chelsea said...

What?! No leg-on-the-counter photo? I'm so disappointed ;)

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

oh martha, you are too cute. excited to hear about the tat! you are braver than I. but we are the same person when it comes to birthday present shopping. I now do gift cards only.

callie ;) said...

feel free to run any bday present ideas by me anytime! i love picking out gifts for people!

also, if your new tattoo is going to be like alicia's, i like it already.

Audra said...

I wore almost the exact same outfit last week, expect sub pants for a skirt - neato! Good to know I'm hip, I was starting to get worried.

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love those shoes you are wearing! and i love taking an outfit and re-inventing it with items i already own. yours is super cute!

ms.composure said...

very very cute girl!! i have been DYING to make this outfit for myself but i have not been able to get the pants yet


http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Cute!! I love those shoes!!

Nikki said...

Cutie! Looking forward to hearing more about the tat inspiration ;)

Melanie said...

Can I just say how much I love your blog. I think we'd totally be bff's in real life. Fo' sho.

I'm dying for another tattoo as well....and if we were IRL friends, we could get them together! For shame.

Love the cropped pants and boat shoes. Super cute.

caitlin said...

can't wait to hear more about the tattoo!

Carly said...

Loveeeeee the shoes!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Alicia @ To Columbus and Beyond! said...

LOVE YOU!!!
I'm excited about MIMO's return. Way to hold me accountable during the summer! :)

Impulsive Addict said...

I saw this outfit on instagram! Who doesn't love pinterest for its fabulous inspirations and ideas?

I'm also horrible at birthday present shopping. Why must I be so indecisive?

Have a great week!

Jade Sierra said...

I actually like your outfit better than the inspiration outfit! :) I may have to link up for MIMO one of these days! Fabulous idea.

I read on your 'About Me' that you are training for a half marathon & you are in a book club! Hello new best friend! ;) My friends & I always joke about starting a book club. I don't think they realize that I'm actually being serious, though! Also, I've been running 5K's & if you look at my '30 before 30' one of my goals is to run a half marathon! Make me nervous, but I know I can pull it off with a little hard work & dedication!

I look forward to getting to know you via blogging! :)

XoXo:)

-Jade Sierra-

http://justplainjade.blogspot.com

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I've read 50 Shades of Grey twice now. All three. Should I be ashamed? I hope not. Also, those boat shoes? i die.

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I love your sass in that last photo! Hahaha! Also, I may have to hit up Payless for some fun boat shoes. And lastly, I bad with gift shopping too. WHOMP.

Kristin said...

I wanna hear about the tat!!

Fash Boulevard said...

love the outfit. you look stunning. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my new outfit post. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

love the last picture! so sassy! you did a fabulous job recreating the outfit! what a fun idea! seriously lets get our tats together via facetime bahahahhahahah! omg all this talk this week is making it very hard for me....

xoxoxo

Jessica said...

I also love the tattoo that Alicia got, you guys are gonna make me want one too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...