Friday, June 8, 2012

friday's letters + pool day

TGIF! TGIF! TGIF! Wooooooo! Get out of my head, Katy Perry!
But seriously, TGIF! What the heck took so long?!
This week drug on like a mother. 
Maybe because I was already picturing myself frolicking on Jersey Shore at the pool this weekend {keep reading to find out way I easily confuse the two}. Or maybe because yesterday I thought it was Friday.
Do you ever do that? I hate it!

Anyway, I'm linking up with Ashley @ Adventures of Newlyweds for Friday's Letters!

Source: weheartit.com via Ivy on Pinterest


Dear Ramen Noodles: You never let me down during lunch time. Dear Grady {our cat}: I really hope  you don't have a tape worm or something weird that is making you eat like a dog {seriously, she's eating dog treats and hungry constantly!}. And please don't hate us for taking you to the vet tomorrow to uncover this mystery. Dear Self: I'm so proud of you for telling someone no and truly working toward your prioritizing goals. That "ah ha" moment with your counseling-practice triad was the shiz! I think we made some real progress this week. Dear Current Obsession to Re-Organize Our Home: Let's do this. Dear Shawn: I pray that you find the strength to put up with my reorganization obsession. I know you think everything is in order, well except the basement closet, but we both know that we can do better. Also, thank you for making me laugh every.single.day. Dear Neighbors: I will be securing my lounge chair at the pool promptly at 9 a.m. tomorrow. I will also be sporting a cheap bathing suit from last year, a messy bun and no makeup. Oh, and the cellulite on the back of my thighs is coming too. You've been warned. 

 I am PUMPED for pool days all weekend!
This bod needs to catch a few rays like an addict needs a hit.
Here's what I'll be packing:


{can we please talk about how COOL that water bottle with the money/ID/key holder is?! Saweeeeeeeeeeet!}

There is a pool/bar/sand volleyball/cornhole hot spot in our complex called The Goat.
I think some people confuse it for Jersey Shore {must be the bar or the DJ or the kids jumping in and splashing you whilst screaming their faces off}.
Like the guy I saw wearing jeans, no shirt or shoes, who greased his body up with tanning oil and flitted around just to be seen. He probably has a small weiner.
In fact, I will bet you $100 he has a small weiner. 
And I'd be willing to bet him that pretending he was on a reality TV show didn't make his junk bigger.
Apparently, I have a gambling problem.
I digress.
I am so excited to relax, enjoy the beautiful weather, catch up with Mr. Grey and of course, people watch {to check out their cute bathing suits, duh}.

Happy Weekend, lover pants!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Sami said...

HAHA!! I have seen pictures of this Goat place you speak of via Katie! Looks pretty crazy! I love all of your Chevron pool essentials! That towel is so cute!! Hope you have a great weekend lady :)

Kelly said...

That pool sounds UHMAZING!! Why can't I have one of those adult pools nearby?? Love the beach towel and I have that exact water bottle-- got it at Walmart just a few months ago! Great for the gym :-)

Amber said...

Just found your blog and I'm loving it. Also loving that chevron cover up? Where can I get one of those?

Have a great weekend!

J and A said...

Ah Holly, you crack me up. I bring all that too the [lake not pool] too. I wish we had a pool, Canada not so much.. Love that cover up. Please don't say a store we dont have here... :)

Kelly said...

50 Shades is amazing!

Have fun this weekend!

Ashley said...

I will be pooling it all weekend too :)))

Ashley said...

I laughed at your dear neighbors note!! Thank goodness I'm not the only one who looks like a scary monster when I go to the pool. I mean why do some girls insist on wearing makeup as if they're in a beauty pageant and wearing crazy suits and jewelry. And I'm not talking just a cute pair of earrings. I'm talking the works. Earrings, necklace, bracelet, hair accessory etc. stop making me look homeless!!

Have a great weekend!

Jenna said...

"This bod needs to catch a few rays like an addict needs a hit." Bahaha! Best. Line. Everrrr!

I too am so excited to hit up the pool this weekend. It feels like the day before Christmas, that's how excited I am.

Kimmie @ Sugar and Dots said...

I totally wish that I had a weekend like yours planned. I'll be cleaning out the garage and doing laundry. Wanna trade? I vote yes.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Omg this pool sounds like a blast! Haha! You're hilarious your letter to your neighbors. You're fabulous gf! I have a problem saying no too. It's just I never wanna upset anyone. I stress too much haha. Ok well I'm down rambling. Have a great weekend can't wait to see your tan! Oh & rock those colored shorts! Xoxoxoxoxo

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

HAHA! You cracked me up with the weiner talk! That has to be the reason those weirdos dress like that! Eek.

Julie said...

I love the pattern!

Lissa @ The Looking Glass said...

mmm ramen noodles! YES PLEASEEEE! found you via the link up and am looking forward to following along with your adventures :)

Kristin said...

love the heads up to the neighbors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...