Tuesday, June 19, 2012

i'm a virgin

Bahahaha!
I couldn't even type that with a straight face.
Because my husband would have left me by now if I'd held out for the past three years of our marriage.
And I smile when I lie.
Or do I?
But now that I have your attention, I am in fact a virgin of a different sort.
Today is the first time I'm linking up with Megan over at Mackey Madness for Sometimes and Always!



Sometimes: I work out.
Always: I do squats and lunges while blow drying my hair.

Sometimes: I try new things.
Always: I'm glad I did even if they didn't go as planned. Life's for living and learning, my friends.

Sometimes: I go shopping. For clothes.
Always: I have buyer's remorse. Until I wear a cute outfit with the clothes I bought, then I feel justified.

Sometimes: People annoy/frustrate/irritate the piss out of me.
Always: I remember everyone is fighting their own battle.

Sometimes: I wonder if the grass is really greener.
Always: I take a minute to reflect on all the good things in my life, and realize the grass is probably still dead during the summer on the other side.

And now, a conversation with my husband:


Oh, and I think I could live in maxi dresses all summer.
They keep my leg hair from growing while I'm in my freezing office all day, and they are cool and comfy for warm weather. Plus, they are easy to dress up or down.
Here are some ways I've been wearing my maxis:
{dress, shirt, sandals: Old Navy. belt: Forever 21}
{dress: Target. jean jacket: Old Navy. shoes and bracelets: Forever 21. earring: Stella & Dot}
{dress, vest, shoes: Old Navy. bracelets: Forever 21. earrings: Stella & Dot}
{dress, shoes, belt: Old Navy. top: too old to remember. necklace: Ebay. bracelets: Forever 21}

The first and the last outfits were a bit out of my comfort zone, but I thought "oh, hell with it" and wore them anyway. 
You win some, you lose some. I'm OK with that. But you never know until you try.
Plus, I just told you I like trying new things.
And I hate hypocrites.

Happy Tuesday, sweet thangs!

Photobucket

21 comments:

Amber said...

Hahaha this post made my day. Loving those outfits as well.

J and A said...

GREAT outfits... Love. And the title had me. :)

Lindsey said...

Is it just me or do you and Katie look like twins a lot??

"Sometimes: People annoy/frustrate/irritate the piss out of me.
Always: I remember everyone is fighting their own battle."

The always is one of my favorite quotes. I need to remember it more often.

Amy G. said...

I seriously love how you've dressed up your maxi dresses! I'm probably going to steal some of your looks!

Angie said...

I LOVE the second maxi dress!!

Lyzz said...

Husband is totally a jerk when he sleeps, he also laughs in his sleep, yells at me, and yells at the dogs! Sheesh! Cute clothes. I totally have buyers remorse. gah.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

hahahhahahhahah people piss me off too, i hate being like that but they do. everyone is just so self involved anymore. love your maxi dresses! the black and white one if my fav!!!

xoxoox

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

People piss me off constantly haha

One time hubby slapped me (not hard at all), while he was sleeping. He thought I was a zombie lol

lori said...

haha i love the texts with your husband. so funny.

and i am loving maxis too!! so comfy and cute! perfect for work!

Married...with a Pup said...

Love all of your maxi looks!! Great idea to put shirts over them!

jessicaelle said...

Haha I loved the first part of your post. Totally caught my attention. And I love wearing my maxi dresses with a button up shirt over them - sophistication and comfort all in one!

Ashley said...

LOVED the outfits! You have GREAT style :)

Kimberly said...

Your outfits are super cute! I love maxi dresses. Perfect for the summer time since they look amazing with one or two accessories.

And I am with you on the doing squats while getting ready. I do mine while I brush my teeth. Visiting from Mackey Madness!

Amanda said...

1. I could seriously live in maxi dresses too! I only own one and bought my very first last month. I'm in the hunt for more!!
2. I seriously died reading yalls conversation. I HAvE actually karats chopped my fiancé while sleeping!! I also yell in my sleep haha!
3. How cool is it that you do lunges and squats while doing your hair! That is freaking awesome!!
Have a great day lady!!
Xoxo

Carrin said...

Love the outfits! I think maxi's are pretty much the best thing ever!
I usually have buyers remorse in the opposite direction. I love to shop but feel guilty doing it until I find some really cute stuff & then it makes it all better.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

love all your maxi's!!!! they are so comfy--I've actually made a couple for this summer--super easy to do :)

MostWhatMatters said...

I loved your post! Haha It made me laugh. The whole virgin comment. I am your newest follower. Check out my post if you get a chance. Amber

Erin Heydt said...

OMG, that's great. Btw, I love love love that Target dress and haven't been able to find it!!!!

Allison said...

I just got a Maxi skirt from Forever 21 and want to wear it every.single.day! You look fabulous in all your maxis. I'm planning on being at the Ohio blogger meet up so I just found your blog from Leigh Anne!

Megan said...

You look adorable!! I am definitely with you...loving the maxi dress this summer! Or really any dress!!

Thanks for linking up!!

Chelsea said...

I ADORE these outfits that you've put together! I totally agree about the maxis... I could wear them all Summer long! Perfect for the freezing cold A/C days in the office but they're also great for a night out! You look gorgeous, my love!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...