Thursday, June 21, 2012

one of those days

Oh, Thursday. I'm just not feeling it today.
It's not you. It's the day after you.
Normally, I am like a-kid-in-a-candy-store excited for Fridays, but seeing as I'll be working until 9 p.m. tomorrow, I'm just not that into you today.
Forgive me. We'll try this again next week.
Capiche?
And the little vent sesh I had with Shawn when I came home {i.e. me venting, him listening} has me in a so-so mood {no, I don't want to talk about it. Geesh, blog, sometimes you're so nosy.}, so I think it's time for a pick-me-up.
I'm linking up with Neely and Amber for It's OK Thursday and Tracy for Thankful Thursday.
Seems appropriate given my current mental state. Best of both worlds.

Its Ok Thursdays

It's OK:

To say what you mean.

To put in a new kitchen floor twice in one year.

To hate voicemails.

To want a career and not just a job.

To work too hard.

To eat cheese for dinner.

To not shave my legs for a week.


I'm thankful:

That my husband has the summers off and can do house projects :)

For my high metabolism. Without it I'd have gained 50 pounds {rather than 5. OK fine, 7} since I haven't been to the gym in months.

That my sister is having a baby and I can spoil the crap out of my soon-to-be niece!

That I have a job, and more so that I decided to go back to school to pursue a career.

That my puppies are always happy to see me!

For the giveaway that I'm hosting tomorrow!
Yep, you read that right.
So bring sweet self back here tomorrow to enter.
And trust me, you'll want to enter :)

Adios, amigos!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Kori said...

Love!!! Kori xoxo

Carrin said...

Some days you just want to punch life inthe face!
I love the venting to a loving husband. I call my husband on my way home from work everyday to "talk shop" while I drive home. That way by the time I walk in the door I'm sorta over it.
Look at the bright side, the weekend is just one day away!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

Linking up sometimes is the best way to force yourself to stay positive even when you don't really feel like it. And spoiling nieces and nephews really is the best in the world. If only you could make a career out of it, you would be set!

Kristine said...

Only a week without shaving your legs?! Shoot, girl... I've gone MONTHS, haha. That's probably not something everyone cares to know, but it is what it is. ;)

caitlin said...

yay! what are you going back to school for?

Dana @five30three said...

I hate voicemails too. I never listen to them. At least now on the iPhone you can pick and choose which ones to listen to. When I had a damn blackberry I had to listen to everything in chronological order with the robot lady telling me the number that called, the time, the date, the caller's shoe size...everything. So frustrating.

Cannot wait to see what you have in store tomorrow, lady. Happy almost Friday!!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Glad I'm not the only one who still skimps on the shaving sometimes....even in the summer!!

Hope tomorrow goes fast for you!

Erin Heydt said...

Uh yeah, all your "it's ok's"...I have the same ones this week. Ok, minus the kitchen floor thing. Other than that it's the same. Promise. LOL.

Ashley said...

ok, so its not fair that you havent been to gym in months because you still look amazing .. just not fair. And it was good running into you the other night at zoofari, sorry we didnt get to talk more :( have a fab weekend!
xo

Meg {henninglove} said...

not to shave your legs for a week? that is me last week we were on vacation, i forgot to bring a shaver and i couldn't bother with going to the store to pick up a razor. oh and i still work shorts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...