Wednesday, June 6, 2012

rainbow shorts

Me: "Oh! I just thought of something! I'll be right back!" {scurry upstairs}
Shawn: {upon my return, holds up his phone revealing the picture I'd just posted to Instagram} "Really? This is what you were doing? I was expecting something cool. Not a picture of your rainbow shorts."
Me: "It's for my blog. It is cool!"
Shawn: "You have issues."
The picture he's referring to is this:
{follow me on Instagram: @hritter18}
{red, yellow, blue, purple and brown: Old Navy; green: Forever 21}
And, yes, I do have issues. Besides owning a lot of colored shorts.
But we won't get into that, because this post isn't about me.
Aren't colored shorts fun?!
I mean, I know that's exactly what you'd be thinking if you saw me walking down the street in a pair of these bad boys: "Look at her shorts. She looks like she's fun! I bet we'd be friends."
And we probably would be.
I'm so excited to spice up my summer wardrobe with some hot pants shorts.
And recreate some of the outfits I've pinned:
Source: chicisimo.com via Holly on Pinterest

How are you adding color to your summer wardrobe?

Also, I'm linking up with Michelle for Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday!



Happy Hump Day, silly heads :)
Photobucket

20 comments:

Meghan @ Shine On said...

LOVING those colored shorts. I need to get me some of those..adorbs.

Keep Shining,
Meghan

Alyssa Lianne said...

I got green and hot pink shorts the other day.. love colored shorts! :)

Katy said...

hahaha I saw your pic on instagram and definitely thought you look cool and we'd be friends ;) i love them and all the outfits!

Katie said...

love your husband's response! : ) i'm sure mine would think the same thing! love the pins!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

I'm so glad the colored jean trend carried on into summer. If only the weather would decide to cooperate with me, I would be right there with you with the sea of rainbow shorts.

Erin Heydt said...

Rainbow shorts are the shiz.

Crystal Seed said...

I have a bright pink pair and a light blue pair from Target! I love them!!!! I want to get a green pair too!

Anna & Kirby said...

love all the inspiration photos... can't go wrong with a little bit (or a lot..ha) of color!

Sam said...

Love these! I want a pair!! Recreate the first outfit, I'd love to see it!

xo
Sam

Sarah Stright said...

You have a really great collection, and I love the inspirations. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

the girl in the red shoes said...

I LOVE your shorts collection! You are going to look so cute this summer! (as always!)

Dana @five30three said...

I got the best bright blue shorts at Target. I get so many compliments on them!

And tell your hubby he's the weird one. Not you...

Beverly said...

Friend!! I just bought some yellow ones and I cannot wait to sport em... as soon as I'm out of this miserable rain :/ WAHHHHHH!

Kirsten @ Through the Front Door said...

Oooh looove that coral & navy outfit!

The Students Wife said...

haha that convo between you and your husband makes me laugh. classic :) I love all the colored shorts, they are so fun for summer! I love your blog, i just added myself as a follower


followme@ www.studentswife.com

Meagan said...

Loving the colored shorts, especially the green ones!

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I have a pair of bright yellow shorts that I wear all the time. my friends call them my banana shorts. I love them.

annacbie said...

wow you're so cute!

just found your blog and love your aesthetic!

and hey guess what! i just started a new blog! i think i have some great ideas and i'd love if you could stop by and perhaps follow it, if you like! (i'm following you, of course!)

http://www.annacbie.com/

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Hahahahagaha my boyfriend always makes fun of me for my random pictures for my blog. So funny! I wanna see a post w you in every color short! I added some pink pants & mint cut off shorts too my summer wardrobe this summer!!

Kristin W said...

YESSSS! I'm obsessed with shorts this season (hello less chaffing!). I broke down for some bright blue and neon pink pairs! And I totally hope people think I'm super fun with my bright shorts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...