Monday, July 9, 2012

frankenpost

Back to the grind.
Tough to do when I've been off for the last five days.
Though Shawn and I have played it pretty low key lately.
I blame his foot surgery.
Speaking of his lisfranc injury and repair, I took half a day off work today to take Shawn to get some good news from Dr. Logan.
Shawn's foot is healing nicely and he got the stitches out, which made me want to barf in the doc's office today. Stitches give me the willies for some reason.
And he didn't need a hard cast since he's been compliant with doctor's orders!
This is GREAT news!
He is back in the boot, but still can't walk on it for another 4.5 weeks. He will get the screws out in 10.5 weeks or so.
That was one expensive and time consuming pizza he ordered Memorial Day weekend.
But this injury hasn't stopped him from ordering pizza. I really don't think anything will.
Never come between my husband and his pizza. Trust me, it can get ugly.

Anyway, I hope you all had a great weekend!
I attended a little Ohio blogger meet up yesterday and met some wonderful ladies...finally!


{front row L to R: Leigh Anne, Katie and me. back row L to R: Michelle, Abby, Brittany, Whitney, Shane, Caitlyn, Jen, Bethany and Lindsay.}

Leigh Anne was an amazing host and such a doll, just like she is on her blog!
And she's moving to Alaska at the end of this month! Crazy!
I didn't know anyone but the Palin's lived in Alaska. Apparently there are actual cities there. I also heard somewhere that you can see Russia from Alaska. So it has that going for it.
Anywhoodle, you can read Leigh Anne's recap here.
It's always fun to meet bloggers in person. Back in '99 this would have been a huge no-no, but in 2012 everyone online is who they say they are, right?
I like to play a little game with myself to see if I can recognize people in real life. You never know with PhotoShop these days.
But these ladies were wonderful...and forgiving since I was late and probably drove the least distance to get there. But hey, it was a Sunday. I move slower on Sundays.

And before I let you go, I have a couple of Make It My Own Monday outfits to share with you.
I love me some bright colors in the summer, but neutrals are perfect too.
Here's my inspiration:


And this is what I wore today for my half day of work:
{some of you got a sneak peek on Instagram this morning. follow me @hritter18}
{shirt and shoes: Old Navy. pants and watch: Target. bracelets and tank: Forever 21}

I actually really liked this combo of mixing a bright, warm color with a neutral.
It was perfect for the cooler weather we're having today. And by cooler I mean mid 80s compared to the 100+ temps we've had lately.

And my sweet, bloggy friend Erin @ Everything According to Erin shared her MIMO outfit too!

Erin was looking for a casual, night out outfit and here's her inspiration:


And here's what she wore:
Bracelet from Buckle
Chambray Shirt from Express
Zelda Skinny Jean in Black from Express
Gladiator Sandals from Jessica Simpson
Charmed I'm Sure Necklace from Jessica Elliot
Michael Kors Two Tone Watch



I have finally started embracing the chambray/denim shirt trend.
I love Erin's outfit! So casual and chic. Just the look she was going for!
Seriously, I don't know how I got dressed before Pinterest.
I really don't.

Want to share your MIMO outfit? Email me!

OK, this post was all over the place.
117 cool points for those of you who made it to the end.
Happy {manic} Monday, sweet thangs!
Photobucket

15 comments:

Kara said...

Yay for the cool points!

I cracked up when you said you can see Russia from Alaska. I use that line any chance I can get. So glad I found you!

I haven't been to Ohio in a while but some of my engineers are in Miamisburg. It reminds me of the suburbs of Minneapolis where I live and I love that.

If you get a moment, come check out my blog and maybe we can get to know each other. I promise I am who I say I am and not a 50 year old creeper!

Happy Monday!

Katie said...

Jealous of your blogger meet up. I can't seem to find bloggers in my area :(

I have a hard time with stitches too. I think I would have had to leave the room on the stitches removal. Yikes!!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous of your blogger meet-up! Looks like so much fun! Super cute outfit, by the way :)

Married...with a Pup said...

I'm sad I missed the blogger meet-up! Hopefully, we will have another one soon!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I picked you outta that bunch of girls right away wo reading the names! What a fun event! I really wanna go/host one one day! Love your outfit! Great color on you. I too have had a problem embracing the Demin shirt. I really love the look but I just hate it on me! Glad your man is doing better!! Xoxoxo Kelly

Leigh Anne said...

So so so good meeting you!!! I'll snap a pic of Sarah's house when I go back to prove how close I live to her! One of my friends went to high school with Bristol! CRAZY... to me at least! I sound like a freak in Alaska when I consider them clebs! haha

On another note, that bracelet from Buckle is amazing!!

Kelly said...

Fun!!Mbloggy meet-ups are the best :-) I hope our big Minnesota happy hour in a few weeks goes just as well as yours!! Amy tips?? ;-)

And love you MIMO outfit; the color looks great on you! One of these days I should email ya and play along too!

Nikki said...

Love both the MIMO outfits! I'm especially in love with denim shirts

KatyK said...

Ummm me no do stiches. Ewwwwsie. glad he's on the mend though. I personally only use Photoshop to give myself a tan, so I mean I'm pretty recognizable I think. lol. It was good to see you girlie.

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

Hooray for meet-ups! I went to one on Sunday too!

Jacqueline said...

Yayy for Shawn's foot!!! And believe me, I'm there with you on the stitches thing - growing up my brother had them all the time it seems and I couldn't even be in the same room when someone was touching them. I think I'd die if I had to get them. #canwesaybaby

Love you MIMO outfit! Neutrals and coral - such a fresh combo.

p.s. we should do happy hour soon :):)

Ashley said...

bummer i missed the cbus meet up. didnt know there was one haha, I am out of it! looks like a good time though!!

Chell said...

We are doing a small blogger meet up in Oklahoma City soon... your post makes me ready for it like NOW.

Meg {henninglove} said...

i have recreated that black pant chambray top brown sandals and bag outfit a lot. love it and i love your other pinterest re-created out looks great! hope the healing on your man's foot continues to progress smoothly

Beverly said...

your denim shirt is adorbs!! and i love your t-strapped sandals ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...