Friday, July 6, 2012

i didn't eat enough carrots

If you're like me, you didn't eat enough carrots when you were younger.
Which means you're now wearing glasses.
My parents hounded me one summer while playing city league softball because I couldn't get a hit.
Turns out, my batting skills were not the issue. My sight was. I couldn't see the ball!
So in fourth grade, I was blessed with not only braces but glasses too.
{this is one of the rare photos of me in my glasses as a kid. and yes, that's my baby sister screaming her face off.}
My dad picked out these stunning specs.
I really don't know why I ever got rid of them.
Because if you're really like me, you hate overpaying for glasses.
Which means I've been wearing the same frames for at least the last five years.

But I think I've found a solution.
GlassesUSA.com to the rescue, my friends!



They offer countless cheap eyeglasses for men and women from designers like Coach, Nike, Calvin Klein, Lucky Brand, Guess, and more.
Here are a few of my favorite pairs from the site:





GlassesUSA.com gives you the opportunity to "try on" the glasses online by uploading your photo using their new Virtual Mirror feature:



How fun is that?!
It's a great feature to play with when you're as indecisive as me.
I've only "tried on" a handful of pairs so far, but there are so many styles to choose from that I foresee a lot more "trying on" in my future before I finally make a decision of which pair to order.

What I also love is that the price you see for the frames includes the lenses!
If you've ever been glasses shopping at your eye doctor's office, you know the lenses can be very pricey.
In May, I had my annual eye doctor appointment and I had them price out a pair of glasses for me.
Even with my insurance, it was going to cost me over $300 for a pair of new glasses.
Yet again, I have opted to keep my old frames for another year.
Can you blame me?!
But GlassesUSA.com has given me hope that I may be able to afford to get a new pair of glasses this year. And for a lot less!

GlassesUSA.com allows you to choose your lens type depending on what you wear your glasses for, lens protection and thickness of the lenses {some options are an additional cost}. You can also submit your lens prescription online, by fax or via email.
It's so easy!
Plus, along with high quality frames and lenses, GlassesUSA.com offers a 110% lowest price guarantee and a 100% satisfaction guarantee, as well as a generous refer-a-friend program.
Right now, GlassesUSA.com is having a summer sale, which means you'll get 30% off + $20 cashback + free shipping on all glasses! Just use code: SUMMER2012.
If you happen to miss the summer sale,  you can still get 10% off your prescription glasses order using code: Blog10.
I know not eating enough carrots really had nothing to do with my less than perfect eye sight.
Turns out that's just a ruse to get kids to eat veggies. Who knew!
But I'm glad that GlassesUSA.com gives me a way to order chic, stylish frames and lenses without breaking my bank.
Maybe now I won't have to go five years before purchasing a new pair of eyeglasses!
My eyes are happy.

{Like GlassesUSA.com on Facebook and Twitter}

Photobucket

5 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I had this exact thought last night that I needed new glasses. I don't wear mine all the time, but I'm starting to think that I might need to. I've had the same ones for almost 8 years. Definitely time to upgrade!

Samantha said...

That's awesome! I'd never heard of the site before but I definitely need new glasses. It's always so hard to when they're $300 a pair!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

I love you in glasses. They're so cute! It's funny because I hate carrots. Never ever eat them & I have great eye sight. For now at least haha! Happy Friday lover!!! Xo Kelly

Teresa @ Delightfully Darling said...

I love glasses and GlassesUSA has some great frames. You look cute as a button in glasses btw!

xo Teresa
www.delightfullydarling.com

Meghan @ Shine On said...

Darling! I started wearing glasses when I was three years old, so I feel your pain! ;)

xox!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...