Wednesday, July 25, 2012

kind words

In the face of such tragedy, such as the movie theater massacre in Aurora, CO, and the evil bullshit that occurs everyday in this world, I think we could all benefit from some wise reminders.
The fact that quotes have been made famous reminding us all to be kind to one another is in itself ironic.
I mean, didn't we all learn that you treat people the way you want to be treated?
It's not rocket science, my friends.
Sure, each of us, myself included, has said things about and done mean things to someone or something.
We are human.
It happens.
Forgive yourself and learn from your mistakes.
 And remember...


Be nice to one another, dammit!
Now, let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
I'm serious.
"I hate holding hands and singing," said no one.
Respect yourself and each other.
Amen.

Linking up with Michelle @ The Vintage Apple for Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday!


Photobucket

11 comments:

Mrs. Newlywed Giggles said...

So true

Melanie said...

:D

Sarah said...

I love the one that says "do not judge me because I sin differently than you" I have repinned that and it is so incredibly true!

lauren@warmandfuzzy said...

Great post!!

Kristina said...

These pins are all so refreshing. We really need more kind words and actions towards others in this world.
Great post

Liz with the Lovely Life said...

Great reminder- we all need this sometime!

Alyssa @ Sugar, Spice, and a Dash of Advice said...

These are great! I want to print them all out and plaster them over my office- some people really need these reminders (of course, myself included sometimes!) :)

Neely said...

This is so great!

Ashley said...

Love this post! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Alicia Marie said...

Love the Mark Twain quote. They're all so true. I think it's easier to put on a smile that might brighten someone's day even for a few minutes than try to be mean or rude. Plus frowning causes wrinkles people!!

Meg Cady said...

GREAT quotes, some of my favorites!
Thanks for the reminders!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...