Tuesday, July 17, 2012

this is how i roll

If your first thought after reading that title was "animal print pants outta control" then consider me your new BFF.
Somehow I have not gotten sick of that song. I'm a sucker for a catchy beat that wills my body to dance on its own. All you Call Me Maybe fans know what I'm talking about. Yeah, try not dancing to that song.
So I know this on just about every blog right now {I first saw is on the adorable Ashley's blog}, but I just had to jump on this bandwagon because so many things came to mind that I just have to share them with you!
So, indulge me and allow myself to overshare details about myself.

If you really knew me...






You'd know that my brain is 75% song lyrics. I can hear a song one time and its committed to memory {9 times out of 10}.

You'd know that I'm a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl. And I don't own a pair of stilettos.

You'd know that I make up songs to sing to my puppies all.the.time. They love it. It's like their own private concert.

You'd know that I would get married all over again - to Shawn, of course. I love weddings!

You'd know that I am miserably indecisive. It's miserable waiting for me to make a decision.

You'd know that I HATE scary movies and cover my eyes during moments of intense anticipation in any movie.

You'd know that I'm lactose intolerant.

You'd know that my favorite food groups are bread, cheese and Chipotle {huh, you already knew I loved Chipotle? Funny, I don't remember mentioning that ;)}.

You'd know that I feel bad about EVERYTHING.

You'd know that I have a horrible memory {except when it comes to song lyrics}.

You'd know that I coach high school cheerleading and I LOVE it. I want to make a difference in these girls' {and guy!} lives. I also cheered all through middle school, high school and a year in college.

You'd know that I bottle up my emotions.

You'd know that hypocrisy really chaps my ass.

You'd know that I NEVER wear lipstick. And hardly ever wear chapstick, unless its necessary.

You'd know that I danced for 14 years growing up and two years in college. I also love a good dance party any time, any place. There doesn't even have to be music. There's a juke box in my head, remember?

You'd know that I rarely leave the house without a shower and I wash my hair every.single.day.

You'd know that as a counselor, I really want to work with teenagers and young adults. A tough population, but I think if you can help people learn to manage their lives when they are young, we'll have less screwed up adults being complete morons in the world.

You'd know that I like things in their place and pride myself on obsessive organization.

You'd know that I wear my contacts all day, every day. I only wear my glasses before bed.

You'd know that I always want to know the ending, even if I'm still going to watch the movie or read the book.

Speaking of endings, this is the end of this post.

Peace out, girl {and boy} scouts!

P.S. It's Erin's birthday! Happy, happy day to her :)

Photobucket

37 comments:

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

haha i like that someone else is with me on the catch songs!

Great post!

callie ;) said...

t-shirt, jeans (multi-colored shorts included), no lipstick EVER, and always trying to make a difference. that's my holly. :)

also, i love your glasses and i think you should wear them more. just this girl's opinion!

ashlyn williams said...

i am totally a tshirt and jeans kinda girl & i am miserably indecisive too. its bad, actually embarrassing!

loved learning more about you!

xxA
www.letitbebeautifuil.com

Neely said...

HOLD UP you dont own stilettos? Did I read that right?

The Pink Growl said...

I love this!! I'm a tshirt and jeans kinda girl most of the time too and I never wear lipstick. I own some, but it never gets used. I'm not sick of the LMFAO stuff yet either, it's good workout music! haha Love those dancing pics of you! You seem like a girl after my own heart!

Ashley Allan said...

I did one of these posts too! I just love them, mostly because they make me feel like I am not alone in my weirdness, ah I mean awesomeness! I also love that it makes me feel like I should be best friends with you because the soundtracks in our brains would be scarily similar!

Georgina said...

This post kind of makes me think we'd be bffs irl. I hope that doesn't sound too awkward (it probably does!)

Ashley said...

we are very similar, my friend. never wear lipstick/chapstick, wash my hair everyday, wear my contacts even to bed (I know, horrible, cheered througout middle school and high school,I love t-shirt/jeans and I feel bad about everything too! I could go on, anyways, cute post girlie!! xoxo

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

love all of this. love you. love that you sing to your puppies and that you're a jeans and tshirt kind a gal. I could totally hang out with you. heck, I could totally be your bff. heck, you are my bff!

Shannon Dew said...

Ummm...songs to dogs? Yep! My favorite one is "all the dogs in the yard going poopie" too the beat of J-Kwon Tipsy {errrbody in the club gettin' tipsy!}

Kristen said...

You would also know that you refuse to touch any edible item that is blue...outrageous!

Emily said...

Sometimes I read your blog and I feel like it could be about me!!! I wish I would have known we were so similar in high school. Or maybe we weren't as similar in high school and have grown more similar since? Who knows. Anyway, we need to hang out.

Also, I want to go back to school to be a high school counselor! I envy you for doing it and know that you are working your butt off to make it happen. You rock! Maybe someday I will do it too.

Vicki said...

Ok, I'm a fairly new follower so Inquiring minds would like to know: If you don't own a pair of stilettos then where did your blog name come from?!? :)

Kara said...

I sort of felt like you had written a post about me, how awesome is that?! Except I don’t coach cheerleading but most everything else!

Kara
ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

J and A said...

No stilettos? :) I love your posts, they make me smile.

Breenah said...

Reading through your past few posts has me cracking up! And now I've got Sexy and I Know It stuck it my head, but that's a-ok with me :D

Erin Heydt said...

So I just started trying to go 2 days with out washing my hair. It's so hard! I was a wash my hair every day girl too. I'm getting better though. And I freaking hate lipstick, but I love chapstick and gloss. Weird.

Stephanie Galli said...

Aw, this is is super fun! What is the point of lipstick? It stays on for all of three minutes.

Chelsea said...

Alright, can we be best friends now?? We are the same person, no joke!!! After every fact about you I was like, "ME TOO!!!!" I didn't know you danced!!!! ME TOO!! Ha.

And I love every single one of those pictures of you! Such a character ;)

Taylor Grace said...

I agree with you on like 99% of this. Especially the lipstick thing! I never wear it but I love it on other people. I tried it once- but I looked like a tranny clown.

And cheese and chipotle? Oh heck ya.

Sam @ reddyorknot.blogspot.com said...

Totally with you on wanting to get married again! I LOVED my wedding but I guess I'll just have to settle for dancing like a fool at other people's weddings ;)

Kristin said...

knowing the ending is a MUST!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Love these pictures lover!!!! So fun!!! I can't wait until we meet one day!! I hate scary movies too!!!! I love how you don't own a pair of stilettos!!! Haha!! I feel bad about everything too. I have a problem of never ever wanting to disappoint anyone. It's frustrating. Xoxox Kelly

Nikki said...

Love this post, Holly! As I read it I thought "yup... for sure... I forgot about that one..." haha Good for a laugh :]

caitlin said...

hahah when I was growing up my mom used to always say 'if only you could remember your school stuff as well as your remember song lyrics'

Dana @ five30three said...

Love this post! It's so fun to learn more about the ladies I follow every day. I too am lactose intolerant, but man oh man do I love me some dairy products. Yeah, I cheat all the time. Thank you lactaid pills!

Hope your week is going great, my dear!

According to Jax said...

Haha I love your dancing pictures! Makes me happppyyy!! :)

Raven said...

ok so I totally could have written ALL of these, except the scary movie part. I love scary movies. However, they do give me that gut wrenching feeling, alas, I still watch.

Anyway, loved this!

ps looks like you got some moves girl!

Melissa said...

I love this! Seriously - I'm the same way about songs, and people think I'm so weird for it.

Whitney @ Everything Happens For a Reason said...

I'm the same way with song lyrics! Plus, I sing to my pups too :)

Jamie said...

Great post!

Cait said...

Love this post girl :) new follower!

Lauren said...

just came across your blog and i absolutely love it! i'm a new follower. this was the perfect post to read first because i got to learn some fun facts about you!! i'm excited to read more posts.

www.girlsgonefood.com

Melanie said...

Live in jeans. I also worry and feel bad about every thing. I'm terribly indecisive, and hate scary movies. I knew we were meant to be bloggy friends.

Emily said...

Hi, Holly! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hi! I can relate to a lot of what you wrote... My husband and I actually just celebrated our first anniversary, but sometimes I wish we could go back to the wedding (even though I love being married)!

P.S. I used to live in Gahanna!

Anonymous said...

I think everything typed made a ton of sense.
But, what about this? what if you composed a catchier title?
I am not suggesting your information isn't solid., however suppose you added something that grabbed folk's attention?
I mean "this is how i roll" is kinda plain. You could look
at Yahoo's home page and watch how they create article headlines to grab viewers to open the links. You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to grab people interested about what you've written.
Just my opinion, it could bring your website a little bit more interesting.



Here is my homepage; Generateur de Code PSN

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this write-up and also
the rest of the website is really good.

Here is my weblog ... Youtube.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...