Friday, August 17, 2012

a birthday letter


Dear Casey: As of 1:56 p.m., you are officially 18, which means I'm staring at 29. Woof. Being 10.5 years apart, I still remember when you were born. I remember flipping through the baby name books at the hospital trying to pick out a name for you. The doctors predicted you were a boy, which means you were supposed to be Jared Jeffrey (but Mom was adamant about not calling you JJ). Well, of course the doctors were wrong because the universe knows that there can only be girls on this branch of the Fenner family tree. Not sorry 'bout it, Dad. I still remember tipping over the bike with you in the baby seat on the back. Sorry about that. I still remember when you fell off the bed. Sorry about that too. What I'm not sorry about are all the times Heather and I picked on you. Comes with the territory, sis. I bribed Heather too :) Not sure why Mom trusted us at the ripe age of 12 and 10 to watch you by ourselves, but we sure had some good times. Like all those times you made us watch The Lion King 894321698 times in a row. Yeah, really good times. Speaking of good times. In five days, you're off to college (my alma mater)! I am so excited for you. You're going to love it down here in the 'bus. I can't wait to see how you grow and mature over the next four years. Keep your eyes, mind and heart open. Hold on to the things that make you you. And go to class :)
I love you.

Photobucket

P.S. Go enter Shanna's giveaway!
P.P.S. Have a fabulous weekend, sweet thangs!

Photobucket

10 comments:

callie ;) said...

yay, casey! :)

Jamie said...

So sweet!

Alicia Marie said...

That was real nice, Happy Birthday to your lilttle sister! :)

Katie said...

So sweet!! Torturing younger siblings when we were little was expected. :) We use to put our little sister in a laundry basket and send her down the stairs. She "loved" it. Or so we told our mom :)

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

aww such a sweet letter!! My youngest sister hits a birthday milestone at the end of this month and if i were to write a letter it would sound like this too...except i dropped her while holding her in the trunk(?) of the minivan. Have a great weekend!!

Breenah said...

Such a sweet letter :)

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

this is so sweet! its crazy tho when the younger sister grows up...i still cant believe my sister will be 24 in sept!! just watch how fast ava grows up...my mom just told me your package arrived! i cant want to get off work and see it!!! happy friday lover! love you! xo Kelly

Sarah Lynn said...

Aww! Happy Birthday to your sister!

My-cliffnotes said...

Sweetest post ever!! I'll be 29 too!!

Amanda said...

What a sweet post!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...