Monday, August 20, 2012

free your mind



Do any of you remember that song Free Your Mind by En Vogue?
{bonus points for anyone who just sang the lyrics!}
Last week I did just that, because you know what they say: "free your mind and the rest will follow."
Sometimes I just need to disconnect.
YannowhatImean?
I tried to do as little thinking as possible last week. My mind needed it.
Which means I sucked at blogging and holding anything that remotely resembled a conversation.
All I wanted to do was sit around, in sweatpants, and eat bon bons.
I did the former, but I decided to watch my figure and cool it on the bon bons.
So what do I owe you? An email, a guest post, a swirly, $50?
You'll have a swirly and like it. Homegirl is broke as a joke until Friday.
 And I suppose I'll throw in some emails and guest posts for good behavior, but that's it!
I'm kidding.

I do feel better after my week of trying-not-to-feel-guilty-for-being-lazy.
I just need it every once in awhile.
Like I needed going to bed at 9:37 p.m. last night.
I'm sure you busy bees know what I mean.
Sometimes you just have to refuse to sit on the couch with your laptop, dinner and cell phone while trying to watch your favorite shows, play with the dogs and entertain your husband.
I was able to hang out with friends, the hubs, the family and kick it in my favorite pair of sweatpants.
Boom!
This weekend we celebrated Casey's 18th birthday and I hung out with this little bug:



 Precious?
She sure is.
Ok, I promise this won't turn into an auntie blog.

This week, I am giving away a couple of my favorite things over on Ashley's blog:


 A scarf and earrings from Target. 
I wear that bottom pair of earrings almost every day! And you all know how I feel about scarves.
Go enter Ashley's GIANT birthday giveaway here!
 
Come back tomorrow to see what I got from my sweet Cali penpal, Kelly!
Kelly is also hosting a fabulous giveaway!

Toodles, kittens.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Neely said...

LOVE THIS! I needed it today!

Carolyn said...

I TOTALLY have that song stuck in my head now! Thanks for that. :)

As for the taking a week... GOOD FOR YOU! :) I think everyone needs that every once in a while.

Amanda said...

Last night the fiance and I sat outside enjoying the cool breeze with a glass of wine, some beers and a cigar. It was just what I needed :)

Christina said...

Ohhhhhhh my gosh. No joke, something I read earlier (like 5 min ago) made me think of that song and it was stuck in my head. And now I'm seeing it on your blog! Weird!

Not So Newlyweds said...

Love the pics of your niece! It's so nice just to have a day to do nothing! I love it and can't wait for my next!

Nikki said...

Thought I was missing something. I little stilettos blog love. Glad you''re back and I totally get the need to shut down for awhile.

Nikki said...

P.S. I could really use your expert fashion eye on this post.
http://ificouldonlyfindthewords.blogspot.com/2012/08/calling-all-fashionistas.html
Thanks!

Sarah Lynn said...

ohh love the baby pics! so sweet!!

Chelsea said...

Soooo glad you enjoyed your week of relaxation. What's hilarious is the part about sitting on the couch with your laptop, trying to catch up on shows, etc. Because, ummm, that's what I'm doing right now. And failing miserably. Woof... I think I might need to allow myself to unplug one of these days.

Adorable picture of the little one!! Auntie blog... haha, love it. My blog is totally going to be an Auntie blog tomorrow. But we're BFF's so go figure :)

Janna Renee said...

I'm part of the giveaway too! It's good that you took a break...we ALL need one every now and then.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

im right there with you today on this! i need to free my mind for sure & yes I remembed that song....haha...so im totally okay with this turning into a aunty blog...i cant get enough of ava! shes just so adorable!!! ah can't wait for our posts tomorrow!! love you!!! xoxox Kelly

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh....could not have needed to hear any message more today. Seriously.

I'm your newest follower!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...