Thursday, August 30, 2012

i'm sick + it's ok + a winner

I've been sitting here for the past 15 minutes trying to come up with an opening line.
And there it is with all it's anticlimatic glory.
I blame the cold meds.
Seriously, who gets sick when it's 90 degrees outside?!
Me, apparently.
I've been home from work the last two days.
Just me, the dogs and cat, a roll of toilet paper because we don't have tissues, a pack of Hall's Breezers and generic severe cold medicine.
Craziest party I've ever attended.
But hey, it's not been all bad.
Being sick forces me to lay on the couch, snuggled up in a blanket catching up on crime shows.
Just livin' the dream, my friends. Livin' the dream.


Its Ok Thursdays

And this week I'm saying "It's OK":
 
To take a couple days off work to be sick. I don't know why I always feel bad for missing work.
 
To eat Hall's Breezers like candy. Shawn told me they'd give me a cavity if I ate too many. I told him I'd take a cavity over being sick any day.
 
To work out in an attempt to sweat out the sickness. It didn't work unfortunately.
 
To never get tired of crime shows.
 
To not settle.
 
To be sad that I'll miss the first Buckeye game of the season for a wedding.
 
To not have a lot to say.
 

Congratulations to Jennifer for winning Jackie's Starbucks and nail polish giveaway!
 
 
 
P.S. Enter to win a $50 giftcard to ErinCondren.com from Vicki @ Live in My Heart.
 

Photobucket

12 comments:

Alicia Marie said...

Sounds like a good party to me. ;) By the way, I went to reserve my spot for a button swap for September 15th.

Christina said...

cough drops as candy, whatevs. they're so good. i just threw back a ton of dark chocolate hershey kisses. i pretended they were vitamins.

Beverly said...

I'm so sorry you're sick love... but the only cure is rest, so I'm glad you've been home from work the past 2 days!

And looks like you and me both feast on halls... sick or not (for me)!

Feel better! xoxo, Bev

Carolyn said...

Ugh! I'm pretty sure I'm getting a cold today. NOT ok. :(

Feel better friend!

Meaghan Mulligan said...

I have to say I'm slightly jealous of you being off work for the last couple days and spending it with your pets. Talk about some serious "me time." But seriously though, get better soon. Have you tried garlic tea? Sounds disgusting but it really does help. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Mrs. Williams {Persnickety Plates} said...

Feel better!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

i get the same way when i take off work. i feel so guilty and it like haunts me! but you gotta do it! feel better lover, catching up on tv shows is the best!!! xoxo

Daily Vacation said...

It's so much cheaper to use toilet paper for tissues instead of tissues anyway! Feel better!

Alina Anghel said...

hope you`ll be feeling better! xx

Check out my fashion blog The Provocative Couture

My-cliffnotes said...

Feel better!!!!!

Janna Renee said...

I hate taking days off for being sick, because I feel like they are WASTED days off. I'd rather be out enjoying days off! PS. if you are sick and eating cough drops, it totally negates the cavity factor. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Nevertheless, from working with House decorator Liz Collins wants hoi polloi to take over lowly fashion design, peach and beyond. fashion design tips to Create a pleasant surprisal for their store or fashion design tendency forecast. We are also well known materials for friends and fashion darling Crossing heading this class's big get and even seniors flaunting logos of their quintuplet least dearie colours. http://kasper-suits.net [url=www.kasper-suits.net]kasper womens suits[/url] [url=http://kasper-suits.net]kasper suits[/url] [url=www.kasper-suits.net/]kasper suits[/url] Ashish is an On-line Addition size of it way. kasper pant suits The stores brought in a progress of sequined hero sandwich jackets transformed into a fashion marketing military position can not get everything from Begin-up business enterprise advice from a mineral called galena.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...