Thursday, August 2, 2012

it's OK that i caved, right?!

Shawn bought the leather couch.
I told you yesterday that he would.
It's the perfect 3-year anniversary gift, no? Considering leather is the traditional gift for the third year.
I am weak, my friends.
But he's so excited and happy, and it is pretty sweet.

It's three pieces and if/when we take them apart, we'll have a full-sized couch, full-sized love seat and that awkward center piece.
Shawn's pumped that it reclines and has cup holders.
Perfect for holding beer cans while watching football this fall.
You win some, you lose some and you give in some because you're in love.

Anyway, I'm linking up with some awesome sauce bloggers, Neely and Amber for It's OK Thursday!

Its Ok Thursdays

It's OK:

To give in every once in awhile.

To pick your battles.

To get new furniture even though the stuff we have isn't that bad.

To have just purchased one of these in gray and white chevron with a red state of Ohio:
{it will look good on our new leather couch, no?}


Get your state love pillow from GroopDealz here!
{thanks for bringing this to my attention today, Shanna!}


To not always agree with, but be respectful of, others' opinions. 
This is America, people. We all have the right to have one. But please spare me your temper tantrum when someone doesn't agree with you.

To be checking my phone constantly, hoping that my sister calls and says she's in labor!
Her due date isn't until August 7, but baby girl is ready to go. 
Like really, really ready!
I am so excited to be an aunt and will undoubtedly overwhelm you with cute photos when she arrives!
Stay tuned...

Photobucket

9 comments:

Alicia Marie said...

That is a pretty awesome couch, so I think you did good...it's really for the both of you to enjoy. And aww a baby niece, have fun being an auntie! :)

Katie said...

The couch does seem pretty amazing! hahah Our one year wedding anniversary is coming up, but I dont think we are going to to the tradition gifts. I just don't know what else to get the guy other than tickets to something since 1 year is paper. Plus Im really crossing my fingers for some new diamond earrings hahah :)

My best friend is due to have her first born any day also!!! I canNOT wait!! Love me some precious sweet babies!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

That's a pretty awesome couch, though. New follower and LOVING your blog name....something i do all day (I'm a teacher...the only one in heels at my school thou)

Chelsea said...

Well, one thing is for sure - that couch is a beauty and I will be coming over for football so get ready ;)

Great lesson in all of this though. It is okay to give in every so often especially when it's for the one you love. P.S. I'm heading over to check out this little deal you scored on the pillows. Those deal websites get me every time!!

smk053078 said...

It's okay that you caved...it's a SWEET couch!! And I am so glad you scooped up one of those pillows!!! Glad I could help you spend some money honey! ;) I am pretty good at that!
Shanna
Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

that couch is fabulous tho!!! and it will get so much wear, i think its a good buy! ahhhh your sister is so close! how exciting!! girl or boy? so its ok so be such a slacker & still not sendo ut my gift ahhhh im staring at it right now hahha...love you! xoxo Kelly

lori said...

i love the couch! where is it from? i need to start furniture shopping...

My-cliffnotes said...

It's totally ok you caved!! Love the couch!

Happy labor to your sis!!

Tab

Jade :) said...

you are exactly right, when you are in love you learn to pick your battles in order to live a calm happy life :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...