Wednesday, August 1, 2012

short stuff

Yesterday's post was deep, yo.
Thank you all so much for your sweet comments and understanding and relating and general awesomeness.
Don't ever change.
Remember when you used to write that in people's high school yearbooks?
Those were the days.
Speaking of days. They are numbered for the summer.
Whaddup, August?!
And speaking of August - my niece should be born any day now and Shawn and I's 3-year anniversary is in 7 days!
Did you know that the traditional anniversary gift for the third year is leather?
Well, Shawn does and he's trying to convince me to let him buy a leather couch for our basement.
I don't think I mentioned it here, but when he sets his mind on something he wants it RIGHT NOW.
So every day this week since Saturday or Sunday, I've been hearing about this couch.
He told me today that it's fate that it's our third anniversary and he's found us the perfect leather couch.
You all know we're going to end up with this couch, right?
I am weak.

Anyway, remember when I showed off my love for colored shorts here?
Well, I'm linking up with Lindsey @ The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday to show you all how I've been wearing my colored shorts this summer.

pleated poppy

If you follow me on Instagram {and if you don't, you should. Duh! @hritter18}, you've gotten some peeks at these outfits:

{left - shorts, shoes, tank: Old Navy; necklace: Forever 21. right - shorts, tank, scarf: Old Navy; bag: H&M; earrings: Forever 21}

{shorts, tank, shoes: Old Navy; bracelets: AfterSunset and Forever 21}

{shorts and shoes: Old Navy; tank and bracelets: Forever 21}

{shorts and shoes: Old Navy; tee and watch: Target; bracelets: Forever 21; bag: H&M}

I have to admit that the yellow shorts are my favorite.
I wear them almost every weekend, even if it's just for a little bit.
They are amazeballs. Just the perfect amount of fraying and so comfortable.
I wasn't a huge fan of shorts for many years, but I'm glad I embraced them this summer. And my cellulite.
I'm serious.
I've let my negative attitude toward my thighs keep me from wearing shorts.
But this summer, I let it all hang out.
At some point, you just have to accept your body for what it is. Or do the work to change it. And this summer I didn't make the time to change it, so I embraced it.
Go me!

Don't forget to enter my eShakti giveaway for a chance to win an item of your choice!
And enter to win a $50 giftcard to Kiki La Rue over on Shanna's blog!


Photobucket

17 comments:

Alicia Marie said...

I love those shorts! I just bought some yellow, hot pink, cobalt blue, and white ones when Jcrew was having an extra sale on their sale items. I can't wait to get into them once I drop the post-baby weight after October! Blah. Luckily living in Miami means I can wear them pretty much all year, so I have time. ;)

Carolyn said...

I love those shorts! SO CUTE! And shut up about the cellulite. LOL You're a hottie!

Melanie said...

I love the shorts too. I bought a deep mint green, faded red, and bright pink from Gap outlet. I wear them every chance I get!

beckalynnclark said...

awww you posted about the KLR giveaway!!! thank you!!

smk053078 said...

Thanks for the love, Holly!!! You rock! And it looks like you will be bringing home the leather!! Happy early anniversary! Cheers to a lifetime of love and leather couches! ;)
Shanna
Giveaway @ Because Shanna Said So

Cait said...

this is so great girl :) just wanted to tell you xoxo

Amanda said...

I have to admit, I don't own any colored shorts. I'm in shorts hatred mode this summer bc I need to loose some weight!

I am however obsessed with plaid shorts/capris!

Jamie said...

Going to find you on instagram!

Angela said...

Super cute outfits! I'm glad I stumbled across your blog-I look forward to reading it more!

momFITtingitallin said...

Love the shorts!

the red outfit is amazing!


Sharee'
www.momFITtingitallin.com

JMc said...

Oh my goodness, I love those yellow shorts! Super cute outfits!

Katie said...

I love those yellow shorts!!! I use to not wear shorts either. I hated summers bc I was always in pants or capris. I hate my legs and have for years. I'm slowly getting rid of why I hate them and branching out to wearing shorts again!!! It's been years.

Antonia Robinson said...

Haha! Our third anniversary is in the beginning of September and I told my husband that there's a bag I've been eye I've been eyeing that is leather, just like the traditional third wedding anniversary gift! He (jokingly) suggested a whip. lol

My-cliffnotes said...

OH MY Gosh, M is the same way, when he wants something he talks about it until he gets it, and I always cave, always.

I do not own any shorts, they look horrible on me cuz my legs are short and squatty because my torso is so long it just makes me look way fat.

xx

Shannon Dew said...

you are adorable, period, end of story

Sandy a la Mode said...

ooo i love your cute outfits! soo exciting that you get to meet your niece soon!!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

LOVE your colored shorts, my favorite are the yellow with the grey tee. so simple yet so cute!

xo Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...