Tuesday, August 28, 2012

top 5 items i wore this summer

Why is it still 90 degrees outside?!
Doesn't Mother Nature know that the minute school starts it's supposed to be fall?
Pshhhh.
I'm ready for some t-shirt and jeans weather, people!
Who's with me?!

Speaking of fall, Buckeye football starts this weekend!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, it's that exciting.
Except that we will miss the first game (don't remind Shawn. He's nothing short of VERY bitter.) because I'm shooting my cousin's wedding on Saturday.
Who gets married during football season anyway?!

Just Peachy

Anyway, before we welcome in fall and all it's fashion trendy goodness, I'm linking up with Rachel @ Just Peachy for Top 5 Tuesday to share my most worn items from my closet this summer!


Top 5 Most Worn Items: Summer 2012

Black maxi: I've worn this with a vest, a jacket/blazer, a scarf, a top over it, pretty much anyway I could think of wearing it. So versatile!

Vest: That one to be exact. Not really summery, but totally fun and makes an outfit more interesting. I love wearing vests for some reason. I feel more free in them as opposed to a constricting blazer or jacket.

Bright shorts: That pair to be exact. I have multiple pairs of jean shorts in various colors from Old Navy.

Nude-colored sandals: I still tell people those sandals were the best purchase I made this summer. They go with EVERYTHING! I will be sad when I have to put them away to make room for boots and booties this fall.

Plain tee: Whether it's white or some other color, those Target tees are the bizzomb! Perfect with a scarf, under a blazer, over a maxi dress, with a skirt or shorts or jeans or sweatpants. You can't go wrong with a classic.

And because I love them, I threw in a scarf as a bonus.
I think you all know by now my affection for scarves.
If not, consider yourself warned.
I will add a scarf to just about any outfit.
And I'm not sure if I'm proud or not, but I cut my scarf collection down from nearly 40 to 24 over the past couple of months.
I guess one would call it an improvement.
I would call it a "go out and buy more scarves" moment.

Here's how I wore these items this summer:








So, what are the top 5 items in your closet?
Link up with Rachel and spill!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaways here and here.
P.P.S. Shop my closet on Poshmark (hritter18). Lots of items added this weekend!
Don't have an iPhone? Follow me on Twitter and see my tweets about each item.

Photobucket

17 comments:

Kate said...

Cute posts - Loved seeing your outfits and your style come to life through these 5 articles of clothing!

Alana Christine said...

I LOVE those coral capris!
I need to buy another maxi, but I'm afraid as soon as I do, they'll go out of style. I always jump on the bandwagon late.
Definitely agree on the scarves and plain t's--two of my favorite things!

Carolyn said...

Love this! I'm totally addicted to scarves too... it's bad! HAHAHAHAHA :)

Erin said...

I wore my neon pink shorts, Target tees, and nude/tan sandals pretty much every SINGLE day this summer!

Lauren @ LBee and the Moneytree said...

How do you look SO CUTE in a shirt over a maxi dress and I look like a total nugget. I'm going to need some styling tips ASAP :)

JanM ♥ said...

Love this post! Love the outfit with the gray maxi skirt :)

xo,
janmloves.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Love your outfits!

Amber said...

You're so cute! Love all of your outfits. I don't know why I've never thought of throwing a simple tee over a maxi. I will have to try that!

Rachel R said...

I'm obsessed with that vest!!!! I wear it all of the time. It almost made the list. You can wear it with everything! I also have a similar jacket that I can wear with everything.

Thanks for linking up!!

Meg Cady said...

LOVE all those outfits!!
I am obsessed with the coral and the neon yellow!!

lori said...

i love this post! i just bought a similar vest at old navy and can't wait to wear it! i may have to pair it with my maxi, too.

Alicia Marie said...

LOVE it all! We definitely have similar taste in clothes :)

My-cliffnotes said...

Love your scarves! I need to get in in poshmark stat.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

oo i like this post idea! loved your summer outfits - my fav is the second picture! you look SO pretty...i really like grey on you! i cant believe you have to miss the first game! ahhh! ill wear my stuff in your honor haha! why do i feel like we havent chatted in days? i do not like it.

Beverly said...

who can ever get tired of white tee's?!?! you look fantab in each outfit you put together!

xo, Bev

Meg {henninglove} said...

is it too late to pick up a pair of neon shorts i really like those yellow ones you are wearing!

Aub said...

Love these!
I am following. :)

MyFashionateLife

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...