Tuesday, September 25, 2012

my fall must-have list

I am by no means a fashionista.
I get most of my outfit ideas from other people, InStyle and Pinterest {follow me!}.
But I give it my best effort {most days} to be presentable, semi-fashionable, and always classy - meaning my clothes adequately hold in all my love and goodies.
I think fit is SO important when it comes to clothes. Ill-fitting duds can ruin a good outfit. Am I right?!
Just because my right leg is a size 2, doesn't mean I can fit both legs in a 2. Yanno what I'm sayin'?
Trying on every article of clothing, even a simple t-shirt, is a MUST for me when I'm shopping.
Because not all brands and sizes are created equal.

This weekend, I will have the pleasure of fall shopping.
To say I'm STOKED is an understatement.
I've really cut back my shopping because we want to 1) save money for a house, 2) pay off debt and 3) not create more debt.
But mama got a raise and I'm going to take a little extra for me this month!
My closet has good bones - now that I've cleaned it out at least three times this year - but there are a few classic pieces I'd like to add.

I've started a "want" list to take shopping with me this weekend, so that I'm not distracted by all the cute duds lining the racks at each store. I've even come up with a list of places where I'd like to shop.
Wow, Type A much?!
But this should save me time and hopefully, money.
And I'm more into timeless pieces than super trendy ones, which saves money too.
Here are the items currently rocking my Fall Must-Have List:


Fall Must Haves 2012


Shoes & Accessories
1. Nude-colored boots/booties: I rocked nude-colored sandals all summer, and I think I would get some solid use out of nude-colored boots/booties this fall/winter.
2. Studded loafers: Simply amazing. The end.
3. Fun wedges: Just a little something to spice things up. Forever 21 has some cheap ones!
4. Leopard belt: I think I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't have a leopard belt.

Jackets
1. Colored blazer: A colorful twist on a classic style. I've been eying these for awhile. Time to bite the bullet!
2. Leather jacket: No motorcycle required.

Tops
1. Cozy sweaters: I want over-sized sweater, that I can wear with leggings and boots, that cover my booty!
2. Silky button ups: I don't have a ton of actual blouses in my fall/winter wardrobe, so I think these will be a great addition for me to mix it up for work and play.
3. Layering tanks/peplum/polka dots: I'll need some classic tanks to wear with my new blazers. I'm not sure how I feel about peplum, but I could be persuaded to try it on. And polka dots are always classy.
4. Lace detail: I'm a huge fan of this little touch of femininity.

Bottoms
1. 3/4 or long-sleeve dress: I love wearing dresses with tights and boots, but most of my dresses don't have sleeves. That's a problem when it's chilly outside and I don't want to cover up a cute dress with a cardi.
2. Colorful skinnies: I am now the proud owner of a bright red pair of skinnies and I'm in love! More colors to come in my fall/winter wardrobe.
3. Pencil skirt: I bought this skirt in black and white. I really want this one too.

What's on your Fall Must-Have List?

Photobucket

16 comments:

Vicki said...

I love it all! Fall clothes are my favorite!!! Studded loafers are high on my "to-get" list this year as well!!! :)

Laura said...

I love that you made a list of places you want to shop! I am so guilty of doing that too. Great Fall Must-Haves. Have fun!!

Kevinandlaurahilton.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Ill-fitting clothing is the worst.

Some of your items made me do a double take- those nude boots and the granny sweater. Hope those were only because you couldn't find what you were looking for.

LOVE the studded flats though. If I could find some for around $30, I'd take the plunge.

Shannon Dew said...

ohhhhh I am LOVING that brown leather jacket! damn you!!!

Carolyn said...

I love everything on your list...except the studded loafers. Sorry friend. :) But I am with you... I don't have a leopard print belt and I NEED one!!!!!!!!!

Nikki said...

I am definitely wanting a leather jacket this year.

Coach Hayley said...

LOVE your list! I found some GREAT dresses at Old Navy- affordable and got tons of compliments on them! I completely understand the leg different size line, me to a T! I love the look of skinnies, not sure they are me though! I just bought a pair of bright red cords from the Tommy outlet- LOVE them- my alternative to your skinnies!

Carol DeBrock @ Southern Belle Way said...

Love this! Studded loafers, colored pants, and colorful jackets are on my must have list too!

Alyssa @ Sugar, Spice, and a Dash of Advice said...

I love how organized you are! I definitely need to do this before going shopping to stay focused. I always buy everything I don't need before I buy things I actually need. I'm loving that leather jacket... that's on my must-have list this year too :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I'm loving that striped skirt!!! I think that would look awesome on you and a piece you can wear 3 of the 4 seasons :)

Great post! Love all the ideas, Holly!

Real Food Runner said...

Fall's my favorite!!!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Great picks! I dashed in H&M today and they had some great colored blazers for $39! Let us know what you find...
Cheers to shopping,
Sara
www.SocialSara.net

Janna Renee said...

I'm looking for nude/grey boots too! I want to be able to use them with EVERYTHING!

Chelsea Lennox said...

Love the studded flats! I already have a mini collection of blazers and colored jeans going on... and I just ordered a black leather jacket (stoked!). I want everything you posted!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

oh great choices!! I am on a spending freeze, but I don't need any warmer clothing til Dec...maybe even Jan becasue apparently we get 107 dgrees in Oct here in So Cali :/ I love my heat but too much!!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

oh great choices!! I am on a spending freeze, but I don't need any warmer clothing til Dec...maybe even Jan becasue apparently we get 107 dgrees in Oct here in So Cali :/ I love my heat but too much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...