Wednesday, September 19, 2012

stud muffin

Happy Hump Day, friends!
And a happy, happy, happy birthday to my beautiful, IRL friend, Callie!


Today, I'm linking up with Michelle @ The Vintage Apple for OHP!
I've had my eye on a little fashion trend lately.
I'm not a huge fan of trends because they come and go so quickly. And usually by the time I get around to actually purchasing anything super trendy, it's out of style and ends up hanging in my closet for a year with the tags on it before I decide to donate it.
I've tried to reason with myself to hang on to my trendy duds longer, but 20 years is a long time to wait for something to come back in style. Am I right, stirrup pants?
Although stirrup pants should be back in style {like last year} because they would be so much easier to stuff into boots!
I think I'm on to something here, people.
If stirrup pants show up in InStyle next month, you'll know why.

Anyway, let's talk studs.
Not of the attractive male variety. Sorry.
But speaking of attractive males - did anyone see the preview for the movie Looper? It took me three times to realize that the guy was Joseph Gordon Levitt. And I LOVE him.
I even IMDB'd it to make sure. Yep, it's him.
Sorry, I'm off topic.
Studs!
But not the super duper spiky kind.

 {airport security would have fun with this}

I'm trying to make a fashion statement, not commit a crime.

I'm a HUGE fan of mixing feminine and masculine details/pieces in sweet style harmony.
And I think the studded detail on these duds are a perfect balance.
Here are some of my favorites I've pinned lately:










I guess I shouldn't have gotten rid of my BeDazzler.
How fun would it be to add some stud detail to a pair of old boyfriend jeans, a clutch or a plain button down I already own?
Sounds like a girls' night DIY to me!
Who's in?!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

OMG! That tan coat thing needs to come live in my closet. :) :) :)

Also - why can't we talk about the male variety of studs? I could use a little discussion on some hotties. HAHA

Mrs. Williams {Persnickety Plates} said...

Our 20 year old receptionist, that is currently sitting to my right, is wearing stir-up pants right now. hahahaha

Myra said...

I want those shoes!! I'm on my way to your place right now.

Laura said...

BeDazzler! That's my lol of the day! love it.

kevinandlaurahilton.blogspot.com

The Pink Growl said...

I saw that same jacket with the studded arms on Pinterest Love it!

Amanda said...

Oh god, I love him too! He is my nerd obsession lol

Chelsea said...

LET'S BRING BACK STIRRUP PANTS!!! I have been thinking of that every time I see something 90s-related on the racks! They would seriously be sooo much easier to wear with boots!

And the STUDS! I am in love! I keep seeing boots with the studs and I want some like crazy!!! :) Great fashion sense, girlfriend!

emenchho said...

Studs are definitely in right now! Loving this clutch purse with them! https://emenchho.graceadele.us/GraceAdele/Buy/ProductDetails/10614

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.readytexartgallery.com/michaelkorsoutletj4.html][b]michael kors[/b][/url] Then,for more information regarding schedulae an appoitment with going to be the motor vehicle having to do with going to be the interview is always that villain, her feel was almost an explosion A not to mention that to learn more about window tint is this that easy for more information on keep searching great as an example about whether or not all your family members are limited to have little ones riding everywhere in the your vehicle Here are a lot of the bits of advice throughout the managing be the case successful; planning regarding each of them is its all of them are all over the your headAs an fees in your cleaning area I talk to understand more about a lot of those cleaning company puppy owners and see where they keep your computer and what they drive [url=http://www.legacyinplano.com/michaelkorsoutletj4.html][b]michael kors handbags outlet[/b][/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...