Monday, October 29, 2012

best $20.24 i ever spent

It's Monday. I'm happy. Why?
I scored the BEST deal of my life this weekend!
Seriously, I'm still buzzed from this purchase.
Picture this:
I'm perusing the aisles at DSW.
I spot this AMAZING pair of boots for $100.
I don't sweat it too much because I have $30 in rewards and coupons the MUST be spent.
They don't have my size in the color I want, so the nice sales girl says I can order them in the store.
No sweat.
She takes the boots up to the counter while I continue aimlessly shopping.
I mean, I've already got a pair of AMAZING boots behind the counter just waiting to be ordered.
But, you never know what you might find in the clearance, right?
So I make my way to the racks of size 6.5 and wouldn't you know, I spot these:



OMG, bestill my heart!
I was instantly drawn to the color because it's unlike anything I own.
And would ya get a load of the zipper in the back?!
I was in LOVE. And SOLD.
I scooped them up and headed straight to the counter.
They were $65 with 30% off, plus I had my $30 in rewards and coupons.
These puppies ended up costing me a total of $20.24!!!
I almost fainted. But then I got high. A shopper's high.
So with a good buzz going, I scored four fabulous pillows and a gold watch at Kohl's for $54 TOTAL!
Have I mentioned that I love shopping?
Well, I do. A lot. A lot a lot. Especially when I find unbeatable deals like the ones this weekend.
I'm still buzzing.

Anyway, here's how I'm currently wearing my new kicks:



{cape (old), skinnies: Old Navy; boots: DSW; long sleeve tee: MJR; gold watch (similar): Kohls}

What's the best deal you've ever gotten while shopping?
Photobucket

22 comments:

Meg {henninglove} said...

what a whole $20, wowzers!! you are the queen of great deals, love those boots too but i would be a little bit more excited with the price haha

Katie said...

what a great find!! i am in love with those boots and want them!!!

KRISTIN said...

Love the boots! I had a major money saving score this weekend too and am still PUMPED about it! I'll have to write a post about it, I totally scammed Babies R Us. LOL!

Arielle said...

omgosh I love them!!!

Mrs. Newlywed Giggles said...

Love it!

Brittany Landers said...

Lol awesome find! And I love how excited you got to share...bc that's how I am too! I just got a Madewell tote on sale for 30% off plus an extra $10 I think...was pretty thrilled! :)

-Brittany of @suburbchicblog
http://suburbchicblog.blogspot.com

Natasha xoxo said...

What a steal! Can' wait to see how you style them!

xo, tasha
Enter to win a statement necklace + bracelet set

Michelle said...

WOW! Awesome deal!

Mary said...

Nice steal! There's nothing like going to the register and your sale is actually lower than what the tag says! I recently scored a delicious belt from Gap for $7 that was originally $35. I thought it was going to be $12 and I was excited about that, but the additional $5 was, well, $5 closer to a Chipotle burrito bowl. Pretty sure I tweeted you after my belt deal, too. I knew you'd appreciate! :)

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly { Messy.Dirty.Hair.} said...

Ah I love your new boots!!!! What a freaking fabulous price!! I loveeeee that shopping high haha you look so cute as usual!!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

Oh wow!! congrats on a great deal!! They look amazing and I am on the hunt for boots once my shopping/ spending freeze ends :)

Carolyn said...

Oh I LOVE THOSE BOOTS! So cute! :)

smk053078 said...

I totally get a shopping high...nothing like it! Uh, do we have problems??? And those boots...those amazing boots...okay, hitting DSW tomorrow! Wish me luck! ;)

Laura Darling said...

$20?? That's amazing! I'm impressed - and a little jealous! :)

Amber said...

I just ordered those boots last week on Ideeli! I saw them in the store and talked myself out of them and ended up getting them for about $30 = happy girl :)

Chelsea said...

Welllll, I already knew all about your fabulous finds because we are besties but holy heck... I am going to DSW as soon as this crazy hurricane is gone and I BETTER find those boots! Even if I don't know where on earth my coupon could be. I LOVE THEM!! Super unique color and style. You inspire me, girlfriend!! No joke :)

My-cliffnotes said...

Umm love those boots I need to go to DSW stat

tara said...

wow!! what a deal! i love them!

Chelsea Lennox said...

"and then I got high" cracked me up hahahah. love the boots!

Janna Renee said...

Ooh I love getting deals and those boots were definitely a steal!!

Chelsea Lennox said...

I also really like your cardigan thing. I want it please.

am I still no reply? haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...