Tuesday, October 30, 2012

half and half

Today, I'm sending half of my thoughts and prayers to everyone on the east coast who weathered Hurricane Sandy and are starting the clean up efforts.

I'm sending the other half to the sweet Miss Chelsea, her family and her niece, Liv. Chelsea's niece beat cancer earlier this year and now, she is fighting round two. She's only two years old. Life is so unfair sometimes :( So send Chelsea some love to keep her strong during this tough time!
 
And now, some facts:

Fact: Tonight, I taught Shawn a lesson on pattern mixing. Totally schooled him :)
 
Fact: Sometimes I forget how lucky I am. The grass is greener where you water it, right?
 
Fact: I dislike the cold, but I love being able to dress in layers.
 
Fact: I have a very ambitious to-do list, but I seldom get much accomplished at night. Oh no, I think this means I'm becoming a morning person again!
 
Fact: I just signed up for a 5K. In December. Remember how I dislike the cold? Yeah, now I'm just crazy. But it's for a good cause. I'm a sucker for a good cause. My friend Stephanie works for the Arthritis Foundation and they sponsor an annual 5K called the Jingle Bell Run. So yeah, I'll be there, Dec. 1, with bells on. Literally. There are Jingle Bell 5K events all over the country throughout the month of December, so find one near you here and sign up!

Photobucket

6 comments:

smk053078 said...

That poor baby girl. I just read Chelsea's post and got the chills. It's so unfair...makes you really wonder why these things happen to such innocent children. Yep, I take so much for granted too...and feel so guilty about it.

Yüz Germe said...

Looking for some admonition I came beyond your website and I even begin what I was looking. Adequate treaba.Inainte I came beyond hundreds of sites area a dozen online autograph were affected from the added and so on, but you in fact acquire accuracy and acknowledge you for that.
Yüz Germe

My-cliffnotes said...

I'm doing it too! But ours is Dec 2nd!

Janna Renee said...

Poor little baby girl! That is so sad, but we will all send positive thoughts!

Kristin W said...

I ran a Jingle Bell 5k last year and I'm considering doing it again this year. While NC is still more southern & warmer (assuming I'm less accustomed to chilly weather than you?) and I hate cold weather, it wasn't terrible. But actually cold runs are a fun reason to rock bright ear warmers and fleece-lined leggings?!

Laura Darling said...

I'm the same way with cold weather and dressing in layers. Hate cold weather but love layers! Can't have one without the other, unfortunately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...