Friday, October 5, 2012

life in bloom

Hello Running in Stilettos readers!!
My name is Ashleigh and I'm SO excited to take over RIS and guest post! I have been reading Running in Stilettos for a few months now and Holly is so cute, fashionable, funny, and me ... well, I'm just me.
I blog over at --
 
I pretty much blog about anything and everything, I'm an open book. Pop on over, kick up your feet, and stay a while! I'd love to hear from you! 
 
To give you a little brief background of myself, I am a full time worker, wife to a great hubby that puts up with my crap and Mommy to two amazing and adorable (I may be slightly biased) boys.
 
 
 
To give you a brief update of my little corner of the interweb, I was a former fat girl turned healthy(-ish). Don't doubt that I still have McDonalds and Taco Bell every once in a while, I am realistic, not crazy! As of July 1st, I gave myself a goal to get down to 135lbs, by January 1, 2013. Seven months ago, I had my second son and almost broke the scale weighed in at almost 200lbs. As of last month, I have lost 46lbs and ran my first 5K read about that run here!.
 
 
I still have a ways to get to my goal, but I love the journey of getting there! If you check out the post I did on Monday (read about it here), you'll see that I'm an awesome wife and bought my hubs an early birthday present. He's so lucky to have me!
 
*side note
 
Let me preface by saying that 89.9% of the things I say are 100% sarcastic and should not always be taken seriously. I like to keep things light hearted, though sometimes feel the need to PMS be a girl and get emotional.
 
Because we could have bought a small car for the price of what we paid for his early birthday present, I felt like I needed to empty our bank account even more go out and buy some things for myself. I have to say that losing weight is an awesome feeling, but the down side of that, is the amount of money you need to spend to keep buying clothes that actually fit.
 
I went shopping back in August and revamped my closet, donating old clothes that didn't fit anymore and buying new ones that made me feel great. As of this past weekend, I had to do the same thing, all over again.
 
Bought these pants back in August
 
They no longer fit and now look like I have saggy butt
(womp, womp)
 
I needed some inspiration, for some cute new Fall outifits, so of course I did what every chick does and turned to Pinterest, for some "Pinspiration."  You can follow me here!
 
 Here are some of my new outfits I fell in love with!
 
 
 
The only thing I need now, would be some actual Fall weather. Orlando still hasn't received the memo that it is actually Fall now, so while everyone else is loving life in the low 70's, I get this --
 
Orlando still thinks it's summer
 
 
Thank you so much for reading about my new outfits and weight loss! If you're interested in seeing more of my weight loss journey/new clothes/my boys/random nonsense - you can also follow me on Instagram: ashleigh___nicole (ashleigh 3underscores nicole) or on my Facebook page. I'm everywhere, so come check out my Life in Bloom.
 
Thank you too Holly, for letting me take over your blog for the day! Hopefully I didn't scare away all your readers! Thanks so much for having me!!
 


 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't she amazing?!
I think just having her on my sidebar made her self-motivation rub off on me (more on this later).
Go say "hi" to Ashleigh, keep up with her journey and send her kind thoughts along the way!
 
Peace out, girl scouts :)
 
P.S. Speaking of Girl Scouts, I hear cookie season is coming up! My favorite are the Thin Mints. What's yours?
 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Loved the post and the outfits!

Janna Renee said...

Wow! She has the right outlook on everything. She's doing kickbutt with the weightloss, and I definitely agree that you need a new wardrobe ;) I heard that you should never keep clothes that are too big or you might just gain the weight back to fit in them. Keep it up girl!

Kelly { Messy.Dirty.Hair.} said...

Wow! Go girl!!! So fabulous! And wait are you serious holly?! I thought Girl Scout cookie time was marchish?! Don't play w me! I must know!!!!

Cassandra said...

Thin mints for sure! Great transformation! I guess I'll have to look to pinterest for some style inspiration.

My-cliffnotes said...

Sarcasm yes please!!


Xx

Ashleigh Nicole said...

Thanks for the love! :) Hope you will all pop on over to my corner and say hello!

Negi said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you


Weight Loss Centers tampa

Waking Up To This..... said...

Super cute post I love that we have such similar style!

Marci
http://wakinguptothis.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...