Thursday, November 15, 2012

late to the party

sweater: H&M; leggings {gift} {similar}; belt: Kohls; boots: UrbanOG {similar}

I'm late.
I hate being late, remember?
POOP!
{I giggle at that word every time {grow up me}}
But I'm still linking up with one of my faves, Shanna for Random Wednesday.
On Thursday.  
Because it's my blog and I dowhadIwant, yo.
And random is my middle name. Not really. But I bought a freakin' five-foot horse canvas. If that's not random I don't know what is. So this link up is right up my alley.

{horse canvas: Home Goods; pillows here, here, here {and bird pillow not online}: Kohls; floor lamp: Target}

 1. I enjoy animals - birds, especially - as part of home decor. Shawn does not. He thinks we have enough animals in our house, i.e. the live ones. But I do the decorating {except in his man cave}, so I win on the issue. But I have limited the bird-ness during our little home makeover to that one pillow you see above and two prints that will be hanging in our bedroom soon. It's all about compromise, people.

2. I HATE dirty cars. Especially when the inside of cars are dirty. Not just mine. Everyone's. I got into Shawn's car to go to my wisdom teeth surgery last week and there were chocolate crumbs on the seat I was going to sit on, empty water bottles and coffee mugs, clothes, papers, wrappers, you name it. Needless to say, I voiced my disapproval. My car isn't spotless right now, but I my dad {spoiled much? He likes doing it and he's pretty damn good at it!} cleans my car regularly, more regularly than Shawn. Tisk-tisk, buddy!

3. Shawn is a NEAT FREAK when it comes to our house. I guess the buck stops there. But I'm not complaining. Except when I have to ride in his dirty car ;)

4. Gosh, I want a house. With a garage, a big yard for the dogs, and an extra bedroom I can turn into a huge closet. We're not close to buying a house yet - we're getting there slowly - but I look for them almost everyday. And I get so disappointed when I find ones I love! I really need to stop torturing myself like that. It's not normal. Good things come to those who wait, right?! Does it still count if I'm impatient? Jeezums, I hope so.

5. I will not have been home before 7 p.m. any day this week. Gives me the sads. And Saturday, I will be gone from probably 8:30 a.m. til at least 10-10:30 p.m. Right now, I'm in a love/hate relationship with being busy.

Congrats are in order for Kristin and her hubby on their new baby girl!
Sign up for Christina's Ornament Swap here!

Happy Friday Eve, cats and kittens!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Erin said...

It's funny- I think bird decor is SO super cute, but yet I hate birds in real life... a LOT, lol!

And I hear you on the house thing. We do have a house, but it's TINY and although I try to be grateful, I find myself day dreaming of our 'next' house which is a loooong time away!

smk053078 said...

Girl, you would DIE if you saw my car...it's a nightmare from my kids...I have given up! ;) And I spy the anniversary present under that new fab picture...LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for linking up!!! xoxo

Kenya @ Life with Giggles said...

Oh my god, i look at house CONSTANTLY too.... even though that is far down the future for us! I love that dam Zillow app.

Sarah said...

I was late to Shannas party too. I love this outfit!

My car is always disgusting and my hubs gets SO mad at me! In my defense (ie excuse) I wait until I can recycle my diet coke cans when I get home...

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I so miss my clean car. I once had a clean car. Then my car got old and gross and then we got Sherman. So now it's an old ugly car covered in dog hair. It's been a crazy week over here too. Bring on the holidays!

Meg {henninglove} said...

i had a love/hate relationship with busy too i long to be busy but when i am busy i just want to not be, is there ever a happy medium?

Amanda said...

What is it with men and coffee cups?! My hubby leaves them EVERYWHERE!!!

I also love bird decor but hate live birds as pets, is that random?! Sure!

The Students Wife said...

I hate dirty cars too! I love your outfit and I love the belt.. what a great find :)


www.studentswife.com

Katie said...

love your outfit - I really want a leopard belt! and being busy is hard!!!

Chelsea said...

"And random is my middle name. Not really. But I bought a freakin' five-foot horse canvas." HAHAHA I got a good chuckle out of that :) And, yes, I am super guilty for looking at houses. It's bad. ONE day...

Janna Renee said...

I used to live out of my car {practically}, so it was always dirty, but now it is much easier to keep clean. It's amazing how growing up makes you want things clean.

Angela Joy Holmes said...

LOOVE that Forrest Green paired with the leopard, you are screaming fabulous fall!
XOX Ang
http://fashionablecents.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...