Thursday, December 20, 2012

preparing for the end of the world

Photobucket
{sweater {old}: Target; skirt: thrifted; boots {similar}: Madden Girl via DSW; belt {similar}: Kohls}

Well, this song has never been more relevant.
That is if you believe that the world is going to end tomorrow.
In that case, nice knowin' ya!
What's funny is the Mayans could predict the end of the world, yet not the end of their own civilization. I guess priorities hadn't been invented yet.
All I know is that all those Doomsday preppers have got to be excited. This is what they've been preparing for! Can you believe they made that a reality show? Nah, me either.
Want to know how I've prepared for the end of the world?

1. I spent all my money. Seriously. All of it. And then some. Can't take it with you, folks.

2. I've eaten Jimmy Johns and Chipotle in the same week. Don't have to worry about those calories now do I?

3. I decided not to send out Christmas cards this year. Don't need to add any more fuel to this fire.

Photobucket

4. I stopped taking my birth control months ago. Did you see that forecast?! Birth control isn't going to stop that shiz, so what the hell! Shawn and I might as well have some fun :)

5. I stocked up on wine all year because I'm going out with a bang!

Now, it's time for the big Secret Santa swap reveal!

Gift Swap

Go show her some love! She needs it now more than ever {here's why}!
And my Secret Santa was Kym @ Travel Babbles!
I absolutely love everything that she got me!

Photobucket
{a fringe clutch; Chrismas-colored nail polishes; infamous knotted hair ties; Burt's Bees chapstick; and a gorgeous necklace}

Thank you so much, doll face!
Seriously, she has a doll face. Kym is adorable! Go check her out!
Merry Christmas, ladies!

And, because I don't think the world is ending {unless the Mayans predicted that those of us living in Central Ohio were going to drown}, go read this cute post by Christina of the 10 things you should do everyday.
But just in case, you better go wish Shanna a happy one-year blogiversary before it's too late!

P.S. Enter my $50 Nyopoly giveaway!
P.P.S. I'm guest posting over here today and there's a Target gift card involved.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Coming over from Katie's. Loved your guest post!!!

Christina said...

you crack me up. i love #4!!!!! thanks for the shout out too. XO

Katie said...

I thought for sure this was going to end with your pregnant after the BC comment :)

Katie said...

if tomorrow is the end of the world just know we saw luke bryan and jason shake it in tight jeans and you also make me want to go off my BC LOL merry christmas my friend!!!

Ashley said...

I am a new follower!! Saw your post on katie's blog!!

Feel free to pop by and say hello sometime!!

Erin Heydt said...

OMG you're so funny!

Janna Renee said...

Haha I just got back on Birth Control, because I don't want to be preggers if the world doesn't end! Looks like you got HOOKED up! Thanks for participating, love!

Kaylynn Zoe Young said...

That weather forecast has my cracking up!
Newest follower - hope you'll follow me back!
Kaylynn
colbkayandtrae.blogspot.com

Hilary said...

Well let us know how the birth control thing works out for ya ;) I can make a legit prediction there!

burun estetigi said...

Everyone means girls should be proud for that...dey will b mother one day with their own baby....but adoption s also a good plan !!!
Burun Esteti─či

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

Yay the world didn't end!! and whoa no birth control huh? Good luck :) You did get a great secret Santa gift!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...