Monday, December 3, 2012

the key to a good life

This weekend, I got a lot of quality time with my girlfriends.

Photobucket

First, on Saturday morning, I joined some friends for the Jingle Bell 5K in support of the Arthritis Foundation {picture 3}. My friend Heather and I were able to not only talk the whole time while running, but we finished in about 34 minutes. Not bad for two people who haven't run in a while, if you ask me.

Next, my friend Elena {picture 2} turned 30 on Saturday and we celebrated that night. You may have seen a few photos pop up on Instagram if you follow me {@hritter18}. Elena is weirded out by adult braces and eye patches {don't ask}. So of course we busted out adult braces and eye patches on sticks {picture 1} when we sang "Happy Birthday" to her at the bar!

And on Sunday, we had our 5th annual Friendsgiving! There were 11 of us girls and a few others who couldn't make it. I am so very grateful to have such amazing women in my life that can get together like this to celebrate our friendship each year. And my friend Jess made each of us an Advent calendar complete with 25 little gifts to open each day leading up to Christmas {picture 4}. This was one of the most thoughtful things anyone has done, and we certainly got a kick out of the hand-made, poster board box our goodies came in. Seriously, this was the sweetest thing EVER!

And just being with these girls all weekend reminded me how lucky I am to have such a big group of amazing girlfriends with whom to:

Play Fantasy football
Photobucket

Crawl for Cancer
Photobucket

Wear sunglasses at night
Photobucket

Meet celebrity look-a-likes {I spy Guy Fieri}
Photobucket

Buy silly hats on vacation
Photobucket

Drink champagne in the parking lot
Photobucket

Get drunk and sunburned
Photobucket

Pose in classy bathrooms
Photobucket

Form a band using random items from a friend's trunk
Photobucket

Travel
Photobucket

Be ridiculous
Photobucket

Simply enjoy life
Photobucket

This, I believe, is the key to a good life.
I can only hope that each of you has a wonderful group of girlfriends in your life like I do.

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway. It ends tomorrow!

Photobucket

9 comments:

callie ;) said...

i heart you!! also, what the eff is my hair doing in the crawl for cancer pic?? what a mess. a tan mess, but a mess nonetheless.

The Pink Growl said...

a good group of girlfriends will definitely get you through any of life's challenges! I am really treasuring mine right now. Love these fun pictures of you have fun with your group!

Kelly Ann said...

Great photos! I particularly love photos in classy bathrooms!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Natasha xoxo said...

What fun pics! Lovin' that gold sequins dress in the 9th photo down! :)

xo, tasha
Enter to win a monogram pendant necklace


Kelly { Messy.Dirty.Hair.} said...

Can I come & hang out with you guys?! Seriously so fun! Love the sun burned pic haha! Btw currently wearing my sweats & Ohio tee. Hahaha!! Xo

My-cliffnotes said...

Can I photoshop myself in all those photos, what fab friends!

I ran in the jingle bell race too!! Ours was Sunday

Katie said...

I cracked up that she is weirded out by adult braces and eye patches hahahah too funny!

Good group of girlfriends is so important :) looks like you girls have a good time regularly.

Katie said...

Do you guys have room for one more? Seriously, you all have the best time together and it shows! How lucky a girl to have such a tight knit group of besties! Thanks for sharing :)

Robin said...

I'm so joining yalls group!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...