Tuesday, January 1, 2013

more and less

Photobucket
{MY NYE OUTFIT - necklace: Blue Bird Bride {thanks, Diane!}; blazer: Forever 21 {$15! - recent in store}; top, jeans and booties: Old Navy; watch: Kohl's {no longer available online}; spike bracelet: Kiki La'Rue}

Happy New Year, friends!
Whether you were out dressed to the nines, at home in sweats or in bed by 10 p.m., I hope you had a great NYE. Shawn and I attended a small gathering at friend's house with two other couples. We played The Game of Things, had some good laughs and a few brewskis. All in all, it was a nice way to ring in 2013.
Holy schmoly! 2013. Can you believe it? I say it every year, but 2012 flew!
 For some of us, it was a good year. For others, not so much. But either way, a new year can be a refreshing new start. But so is every day. It's all really based on your perspective.
So make 2013 a good one!

So, who's making New Year's resolutions?
Not this chick. Honestly, I just couldn't think of any good ones. But then I thought - why do I need to make resolutions at all?
I made resolutions last year and failed at all but 1.5 of them. Mostly because I didn't remember what they were. And I was lazy. OK, so it was probably more of the latter.
So why set myself up for failure again this year?
Ain't happening, sistah!

Instead of resolutions, I put together a list of some simple things I want to work towards in 2013:

1. Save more, spend less.
2. Love more, judge less.
3. Listen more, talk less.
4. Read more, watch TV less.
5. Be active more, veg less.

There you have it. Short and sweet.
So what are you striving for in the new year?

And because I kinda like you guys, I'm having a sale on all my ads.
Take 50% off all ads using code: NY2013 through the month of January!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Laura at Brunch with Laura said...

I love your NYE outfit, the necklace is so pretty! I love your list of things to work on. Mine is pretty much the exact same! I picked up "The Happiness Project" to start reading in hopes there might be some good tips to cleaning out closets!!

Happy New Year!!

Xo-L
brunchwithlaura.blogspot.com
(formerly Simply Lowcountry)

Sam said...

Love your NYE outfit! I'm right there with you on your list for 2013. Great things to work towards! I made a 'joy jar' to hold all of my fun memories I'll make in 2013. You should make one, too! The post is on my blog, see what you think.

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

Love it! Same motto over here. :)

Ashley said...

#4. Same goal over here!!

Treasure Tromp said...

Great simple goals to have. Love them!

Lins said...

My "resolutions" are very similar! I feel like sometimes resolutions are a prerequisite to failure and I don't want to do that. Our NYE was similar to yours! Our friends came over and we played Game of Things. So fun!

www.domesticatedworkingwoman.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

love the spike bracelet.

Amanda said...

I love the idea of a list instead of resolutions! And I am all about be active more this year, I've gotta get my butt in gear!

Busy Becka said...

you are a doll. i stole you list. the end.

Kiki said...

Love that sweater from forever 21 so cute!! the bathroom looks great. And i will have to buy one of your ads, cant beat 2 bucks!!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

Yep 1,2, 4 and 5 sound good for me too!!

Janna Renee said...

I feel like everyone should use your resolutions. Simple and yet effective ;) Your hair looked gorgeous that day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...