Monday, January 28, 2013

the time I took fashion advice from my husband

Hers:


Mine:

 photo coralstripes2_zps673df1ad.jpg
{sweater: F21; skinnies: Old Navy; boots {old}; scarf: gift}
 

 photo coralstripes1_zps5bdd95cb.jpg

I have a confession.
When Shawn bought me this sweater for Christmas, my first thought was "how the hell am I going to wear coral?" My second thought was to exchange it for a different color. But then Shawn said how much he liked the color. Crap.
I don't know if I've told you, but Shawn is color-blind. Reds, greens, blues, purples sometimes look a little differently to him than how you or I might see them.
But even though I was apprehensive about coral {and how I'd style it, especially for work}, I took some fashion advice from my husband and kept the sweater.
Thank goodness because this sweater is wicked comfy!
So I chatted up my homegirl, Pinterest for a little style inspiration.
I wasn't sure about mixing black with the soft colors of the sweater.
But you don't know until you try, right?
 
Happy Monday, kittens.
Stay tuned this week for a giveaway!
Speaking of giveaways, only four more days to get 50% off ALL ADS on my blog.
Use code NY2013.
Yeah, that's kinda like giving them away.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Katie said...

i love it!! normally I think you can't trust husbands and fashion but he was right!!

Jamie said...

That outfit is adorable!

Carolyn said...

I think it's so cute! :)

Katie said...

I really like that sweater!! Im not much of a F21 girl, but I am going to the mall tonight already I might have to swing in there and check it out!

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

I love coral! & I think your outfit looks way better than the inspiration pic (possibly b/c it looks exactly like something I'd wear) ;)

My-cliffnotes said...

He did so good, I love coral

Julia P F said...

Love coral. Very springy. I once worked with a color blind artist, and he was so talented because he saw colors totally differently than everyone else

Kelly { Messy.Dirty.Hair.} said...

I love that sweater!!!!! It's so cute! You're a skinnnny minniii too!! Good job hubby!

Anonymous said...

But the sequestration guidebook provides instructions for the third
gear option. Perhaps On that point is a causa, I felt severely when my marriage failed.


Stop by my website :: Sequester

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...