Wednesday, February 20, 2013

what heidi klum and i have in common

You guys!
I cannot get over how many of you linked up yesterday for my "I'm the kinda girl who..." link up party!
I'm so giddy! And I imagine this is how successful bloggers feel daily. So thank you for humoring me and making me feel like a million bucks!
I am in the process of reading all of your entries and responding to your comments, so please bear with me.

I'm not much of a makeup or beauty fanatic {I've bought exactly one thing from Sephora, ever}, but I wanted to share a handful of beauty products that I do use daily. Nothing fancy, but they work for me and might be worth a shot if you're looking to change up your makeup/beauty routine.

What I'm Loving: Beauty Products

1. Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads
These puppies are the bomb.com!
They remove eye makeup easily - even heavy mascara!
But make sure you get the oil-free pads because the moisturizing ones leave your eyes feeling greasy!

2. e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer
It's a $1. It works.
I use it under my eyes and to cover up zits.
I'd put it all over my face, but then it would be called foundation.
And if you're wondering, e.l.f. foundation isn't bad either, if you don't have sensitive skin or major blemishes.

3. Dream Angels Heavenly body spray/perfume
Best thing Victoria's Secret ever made. You know, besides all those bras and undies.
I've been wearing this stuff every day since high school. I never leave the house without it.
For only $25, it lasts forever and the light scent is perfect.

4. Maybelline Volum' Express Mega Plush Mascara
This stuff is great!
No clumps and the brush separates lashes pretty well.
And you can put on multiple coats without it feeling heavy.

5. Olay Pro X Advanced Cleaning System
I had seen a lot of people talking about the Clarisonic and I wanted one, but I couldn't justify the price. So when I found the Olay Pro X system {which to me is the same thing}, I was sold - because hey $30 > $100 any day. Am I right or am I right?
While I cannot compare it to the Clarisonic, I imagine it works just the same. And my face feels clean and fresh, so I have no complaints.

Now, you may or may not be wondering what the hell Heidi Klum and I have in common.
Height? Ha! She wins.
Good looking husband (or ex-husband in her case)? Ohhh, I win fo sho!
Beautiful hair? Bingo!
Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy contacted me and asked me if I'd be interested in taking their 7-Day Scalp & Hair Challenge. I'm always up for a challenge or trying something new, so I obliged.
Plus, Heidi Klum is their spokesperson and she has model hair, so it has to be good, right?!

 photo clearhaircare_zpsf263ef16.jpg
{proof: here it is in my shower!}

Well by now I've taken like a 14-day challenge, and you know what?
My hair is so soft and shiny! 
I really should have taken a before and after pic, but just trust me on this.
I haven't gotten my hair cut since October, so you know I'm a credible source.
If this stuff can make my way-overdue-for-a-haircut hair, which usually feels like straw at this point, soft and shiny, I'd say this stuff works!

By now you've probably learned that your scalp is the place where beautiful hair actually comes from. Well, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy works at the right end of hair.
When I workout and sweat, my scalp usually itches, especially in the winter {am I the only one this happens to?}. I workout every morning and I can't remember scratching my head once during a sweat sesh in the last couple of weeks. 
And I've noticed less hair falling out in the shower and when I brush or blow dry, which Shawn is happy about.
So those 10 vitamins and nutrients that Clear has been feeding to my scalp must be working! 

If you're wondering about the little orange writing that say "frizz control" on the bottle of shampoo and conditioner {check out all types here}, well it means it. Other than the normal baby-hair, fly aways {which will never go away as long as I have hair}, my hair has been silky smooth.

Typically, I'm pretty skeptical that shampoo and conditioner vary that much between brands, but Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy pretty much does what it says: "stronger, more beautiful hair in 7 days, guaranteed!"

Try it for yourself: Visit Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy on Facebook to receive free product samples to take the 7-Day Scalp & Hair Challenge!

So watch out, Heidi! My strong, gorgeous locks are coming for you!
And we all know brunettes are better ;)


Also linking up with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday.
Disclaimer: I received Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy products for this post, but all opinions are 100% my own.

Photobucket

18 comments:

Laney said...

Wow....who dont like a challenge esp if it has to do with hair. I have problem finding a good shampoo and a good conditioner that doesnt make my hair look oily. or that doesnt make my scalp itchy and have dandruff

Stephanie + Walter said...

I loveeee Dream Angels Heavenly!

So glad to be sponsoring you! :)

xo

The Pink Growl said...

Heavenly is my FAV scent!!! Just bought a new bottle Monday!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

Hmm been looking into trying a new less expensive shampoo and conditioner!! Thanks!! Oh and I buy way too much at Sephora.. I recently made VIP status oops haha

Kristin said...

love love love elf!!

Jacqueline said...

I tried that shampoo and conditioner and I loved it. The conditioner was so thick which is exactly what my crazy hair needs! However, I did find it hard to get all the conditioner out of that bottle - it was hard to squeeze - or was that just me?!

Anyways - loved your beauty list - i've been considering one of those face wash thingys... maybe I'll have to bite the bullet!

smk053078 said...

Congrats on the successful link up!! Yay! And girl, you are about to hit 1,000 followers!!! Yahooooooo!

Jennifer said...

Ohh, I love that Clean and Clear stuff too!!! It works amazing!

Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

Carly said...

Stopping by from WILW and I also LOVE Heavenly. I too have been wearing it since high school; I honestly think the bottle of body spray I have has been around for at least 5 years. I use it an it never seems to disappear!

Carly
thepinotproject.com

Chelsea said...

Happy 1,000+ followers, bestie!!! Look at you go! You make me so proud ;)

That concealer wasn't quite enough for my dark circles that came out of nowhere, however, I love their eyelid primer! Oh yes. And their lip glosses. But, I know... you don't wear lip gloss. Also, Heavenly is seriously Heavenly. I remember my mom and I going into their "perfume" section and we spent a good hour or so smelling everything. Looove their scents!

Michael said...

I've also been using Heavenly since high school. It really is a perfect scent. You're got one up on me. I've never bought ANYTHING from sephora!

Katie said...

I got a similar Maybelline mascara and I really liked how well it separated my lashes. No clumping was nice. I don't know if it has anything to do with the mascara, but my eye issue started around the time I switched to that it :(

We stayed at a friend's place a couple months ago unexpectedly. Andy used the guy's version of Clear for 2 days (that's what was in the shower) and I could actually tell a difference in his hair. He has short hair and he is a smoker. I usually can never smell shampoo in his hair after a shower until he used the Clear. I'm thinking I might need to try the girl's Clear.

My-cliffnotes said...

I love the perfume I used to wear it too!

Laurie Tester said...

Great tip on the elf and the Olay skni care. I can't justify and Clarisonic either! Stopping by from the Join the Gossip party from earlier in the week.
Laurie
Lulu and Daisy

Helena said...

What a fabulous range of products. Wish they were on sale in Scotland! ☺

SH said...

I really want to try the concealer!

Hope you had a great weekend!

-Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Ametis Bassir said...

I have the Olay Pro X system and it's wonderful. It really makes your skin so smooth! Love it.

AKB
asouthernbrunette.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

[p]Passes th SSS Bass test at 10HZ great mids, trebles, nd bass . cheap beats by [url=http://www.solobeatsbydre.co.uk]cheap beats by dre[/url] dre . Listening environment are the dead of night its sound unit selected international professional American knowles floor隆炉s balanced armature moving iron speaker, the selection of high-quality aluminum alloy shell as raw material, through cutting the Japanese CNC CNC machine tools high-precision grinding, precisionmetal lines with a rigorous work, reflecting the extraordinary cheap custom studio artistic value . It can be you are every money using that compose that considering financial situation to buy any piece of plots to stroke the part of landbests from dre single harley-davidson headphones, There are some states, bolted the door behind him, And they all pretty much look the same and say the same thing: logo,beats by dre uk, you have to know what moves the [url=http://www.solobeatsbydre.co.uk]cheap beats by dre earphones[/url] market . The trouble is, it隆炉s [url=http://www.solobeatsbydre.co.uk]beats by dre earphones[/url] not necessarily the most honest mix . Monster [url=http://www.solobeatsbydre.co.uk]cheap solo beats by dre [/url] Studio Pink Beats by Dr . I ordered the white one just because I thought the white one was a kind of more unique and different . These products of real [url=http://www.solobeatsbydre.co.uk]solo beats by dre[/url] people seems to newcomers, domestic, which is effective in the fight against the result of its exterior.[/p]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...