Wednesday, March 13, 2013

how i know i have a young soul

My birthday is Monday. I'll be 29.
And the one thing I won't say is "I'm so old!"
It irritates the hell out of me when people say that.
You're only as old as you feel, my friends.

You know the expression "old soul" as in "she has an old soul?"
I don't even really know what it means, but I'm pretty sure, no matter how old I am, no one would ever describe me as such.
The truth is I have a young soul.
Here's how I know:

 photo 405975_605264225089_1477709053_n_zps4eacf6f1.jpg

The words "poop" and "fart" are still funny.

"Keep it classy" means not spilling my drink, not how much or what I drink.

 photo 562145_10151752163980392_972454952_n_zpsb5eb9115.jpg

I'd rather still sit at the kids' table.

Whenever I spot giant balls, I get my picture taken with them.

 photo 268301_583391547035_5420145_n_zps12344f2c.jpg

I subject complete strangers to conspicuous "positions."
{such as the Eiffel Tower. I'll let you look that one up on your own.}

 photo 68776_606444828047_5367028_n_zpse08c7aa1.jpg

There are few things I won't do for free shots.
{a booty shaking contest is not one of them}

 photo 4817_525395062455_1273540_n_zps26e74965.jpg

I don't take myself too seriously. 
Especially in public.

 photo 300596_586574673025_4984357_n_zps6defdcd6.jpg


I may not be wise beyond my years, but I'm not afraid to live and learn and have a little too much fun.
 It makes the hangovers much more worth it.

 photo 319_511694513465_7080_n_zpsf116e002.jpg

Do you have a young soul?




 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

21 comments:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE THIS POST! :) It's so true!!!

Katie said...

hahah love it!!

Ms. Morgan said...

Good for you! When I turned 30 last month I had so many people ask me if I was dreading it, or felt old. Heck no! When my BFF asked how it felt to be old (she's 3wks younger than me) I told her "I don't know. I'll let you know when it happens!" I agree. You're as old as you feel and so far I feel like I've done more fun and adventurous things in the last month than my 20s combined. Congrats on embracing 29 - 30 will be even better! Oh and make sure to stop by and check out the giveaway I'm doing. http://msmorgansrealitycheck.blogspot.com/2013/03/bettina-may-pin-up-class.html

Michael said...

Absolutely freaking LOVE this post! Age twins, I'm tellin' ya! I'll be 29 in November and I am already (and have been) so excited for 30! Age is nothing but a number to me. I'm as young as I feel and I feel pretty young. Sure there are age reminding milestones but I'm where I'm supposed to be and I plan to have fun the entire journey!

Kiki said...

LOVE!! this post!! i giggled all through it!! love the ball picture!!
XOXO

Zoe said...

I love this post! I'm 31 and I've never felt old. I also hate when people say that. I know someone who didn't want anyone to call them on their 30th birthday, he said his life was over because he was so old. Age does not define how we feel so i hope people can start to realize that.

Audra said...

"I'm so old" ~ something I'll never say, ever.

Which is why we are friends. Even when I'm a granny I'll still be table dancing with the best of them. Only classy tables though.

Katherine - Real Food Runner said...

You are adorable! Happy birthday!!!

Health food giveaway on my blog :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2013/03/core-defender-meal-giveaway-and-review.html

Katie said...

1) we seriously need to meet

2) happy early birthday :)

Candis said...

Such a fun post!! You seem like a blast! Happy birthday!

Agnes Mayer said...

Love this post. Love the pictures.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

Ashley said...

WOOHOO for young souls! This post made me smile. Stay young, girlfriend :)

Martha said...

LOVE this. When I turned 31, I thought it was just lame for me after. It's not. I still NEVER spill my drinks (HAHHAAHHAHAA0 I spill sober) and I'm still having fun. Happy Early Birthday! the 30s are great!

Jacqueline said...

I love this post and am not sure why we don't hang out more.

I think we could do some serious damage!

Happy early birthday, lady!

Stephanie + Walter said...

haha I always act muchhhh younger than I am. It's fun :)

SH said...

Hahaha - this is awesome!! Happy birthday :)

Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Amie said...

love this post because, i too, am about to be hitting 29 and I get the whole "you don't act like you are 28." really? what does that mean? how is a 28 year old suppose to act???

acornmanphotography said...

haha I love this! I am probably the most immature 30 year old you'll ever meet. I still think farting and burping are hilarious. And I never take a serious photo.

Sew and smile said...

What I always go by is no matter the age we are always young at heart girl! <3

I can see how much fun you had! Do it up! girl!

Be Inspired!

Janna Renee said...

I didn't know this side of you...I always see you as a little fashionista and having it all together. I like this side too ;) I am an old soul, but I still have fun!

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

I feel 21...not 29 almost 30!! so I agree with you!! and poop and fart will always be funny!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...