Monday, March 4, 2013

new name and design revealed

 photo photo10_zps57cce4b7.jpg
{picked up our new car this weekend! Say hello to the 2013 Ford Fusion in Bordeaux Reserve. I love it!}
 

So, what do you all think of the new name and design?!
I am beyond thrilled to finally reveal the finished product.
I owe a HUGE thank you to Kelly @ Messy.Dirty.Hair for her design skills {check out her work here}.
 
Why "Hey, Hollywood?"
Simply, it is a greeting I look forward to hearing every time I visit my parents.
My dad says: "Heyyyy, Hollywood." My mom says: "Hey, Hollywooood."
It makes me smile every time I walk through the door of my childhood home.
They've always called me Hollywood since I was little. It's the only nickname - however unoriginal it may be for a girl named Holly - I've had that's stuck.
 And now, Shawn has taken to calling me Hollywood because my weekly schedule is obnoxious most of the time.
 
Plus, I was tired of running in a pair of shoes I don't actually own.
Though I am a fan of irony.
Running in Stilettos was in need of an upgrade, something more me.
So, Hey, Hollywood it is.
I like it.

I'll be updating my Twitter and Facebook pages, as well as the ol' URL, to reflect the new blog name in the coming weeks.

Don't forget to enter the $400 Tiffany & Co. gift card giveaway and my February group giveaway.

 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

37 comments:

Megan O. said...

Love all the newness! Including the car :)The design is fabulous and appropriate with the new name!

Amanda said...

Love the new name and design! The car isn't bad either :)

Mary said...

Cute redesign and I love the story behind it! Congrats on the new ride, too! :)

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

Cool name, look, and car - I wouldn't expect anything less from you, doll!

Lisa said...

looks great! love it!

Stephanie + Walter said...

LOVE IT! looks fab!

Shannon Dew said...

I love it!

Niki Caron said...

I love it!!!

brittany johnson said...

This is so funny!!! I was always called hollywood growing up too! I even had it on my license plate for the longest time and I'm probably going to get it back if we register our cars in Texas!!! My husband loves the new fusion we went and looked at vehicles this weekend...

Janna Renee said...

Aww! I love it! The title fits you perfectly and Kelly did SUCH a good job. Like seriously, I'm gushing over this :)

KRISTIN said...

Love the new design & new name!!! :)

Sara {Social Sara} said...

Super cute! I love the story behind the name! Hope you have a great week.
Cheers,
Sara

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I love it! The new name and the new design! Very cute!

Kym said...

LOVE the new design!!

The Pink Growl said...

I like it!! :)

Bev said...

I saw HEY HOLLYWOOD on my blogger feed, and was like HUH?!?! SO glad I clicked it and say your pretty face!! LOVE the new title, and the meaning behind it ;)

xoxo, Bev

Carolyn said...

Love it!! :)

Tala said...

congrats on the car, how is the gas mileage? :)

Inggih Laras Ati said...

That's cool name I think, also Fun to say and hear :)
Nice to see your blog,
Enjoy your day beautiful hollywood:)

Xoxo,Ila

Emily said...

Love the re-design!

Sarah said...

Love love love it!!!

I'm going to be in your neck of the woods this weekend! Anything that's a must do??

Penniless Socialite said...

I love all the glitter in the new look!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

My-cliffnotes said...

Love love love the new look and name.

SH said...

Great new name and design!

Happy Monday!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Kelly { Messy.Dirty.Hair.} said...

yayayayyayaya! SO excited!!! THANK YOU for letting me do this for you!! i was so honored! but i want to change the text font now that I see it...im a crazy person haha let me know when i can!? LOVE YOU!!!


J and A said...

It's perfect and I love that it's sentimental.

Angela Peters said...

I ABSOLUTELY love it!!

xo
Ange

Kelly {Sparkles and Shoes} said...

Love it, Kel did a great job!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Ashley said...

I love your new name AND your new design! Both are super cute!

Treasure Tromp said...

love it!

Agnes Mayer said...

Love the new title. Looks great. I'm giving away a stella and dot bracelet on my blog and I'm also doing a link up this thursday about how to wear cobalt. HOpe you can join me.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

Ashleigh said...

Love it!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

love the makeover! soo cute!!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Kristine Foley said...

I love it! SO much more YOU :) YAY! Kelly did a FAB job!! Love ya both!

Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

Melissa said...

Love the car and the new blog name and look! So fun!

Katie said...

Love the new look and the new car!

Val said...

We just bought a Fusion too - though we got a 2011 used one. The new ones are super sharp!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...