Wednesday, March 20, 2013

small victories

 photo graygreen_zpsc1a40fe8.jpg
{vest: Old Navy; striped shirt and earrings: Forever 21; pants: New York & Co.}
{follow me on Instagram: @hritter18}

First things first.
Thank you all so so much for the birthday wishes on Monday.
You really know how to make a girl feel special. You rock my socks!

I've mentioned recently that I'm interviewing for grad school internships.
Needless to say, these past couple of days, I've been absolutely freaking out about how I'm going to balance working full-time, interning, classes, coaching and free time. Like the-guy-in-Super-Troopers-who-ate-the-bag-of-weed freaking out, man!
I'm not sleeping well, I'm constantly distracted with thoughts of "how the hell am I going to pull this off?" and I've started twitching. Oh wait, the twitching might just be a side effect from too much coffee.

It's times like these that I remind myself to focus on the good things - the small victories in life, as Shawn and I like to call them.

1. I had to get a new license Monday today. There was no line at the BMV and the ladies working there were NICE! I'm still in shock.

2. I bought new bras over the weekend {first time in years} and according to Victoria's Secret, I'm a DD! They really know how to make a girl feel good about herself {even if it makes me a false advertiser}. It's not surprising that Shawn has turned into a huge pervert since Saturday.
But seriously, the right-sized bra has amazing powers!

3. The music in the video I made for our cheerleading banquet tonight fit perfectly!
I love when that happens.
I do not love how big of a sap I am at this event each year. I will be a puddle tonight for sure.

4. Third time is a charm for our roof leak.
It was tested with torrential rain on Monday and it stayed dry!

5. Vacation with my family in June to Myrtle Beach is booked!

6. Crawl for Cancer is two months from this coming Monday!

7. Today the sun shined in Ohio! On the first day of spring no less. It's still cold as balls, but at least it's officially spring.

8. I have a few giveaways coming up!

It's all about the little things, my friends :)




 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png


17 comments:

Stephanie + Walter said...

The little things are the best :)

Kiki said...

I wanna go to myrtle beach so jelly!! I love that you treasure the small stuff! that is truly living life!! good luck at the banquet!!
XO

My Moms a Whack Job said...

Last time I went to Victoria Secret, they told me I was a C cup. ummm..... I am a DDD on a good day! I just laughed. Poor girl was really trying!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Those are some great little things there!

I've never been to Myrtle Beach. Scandalous, I know.

Katie said...

Full plate! But it's all stuff that you are determined to do well with. You will be able to handle it all!


I had a similar VS experience. I mean I'm no DD but I was shockingly surprised when I left.

Val said...

After high school I went from a C to a D and I cried when the girl told me. Big boobs are not fun with sports and workouts. I'm a false advertiser too because even though D fits 90% of the time, very few people would guess that's my size (though I do like to keep them under wraps to avoid butt-looking cleave).

SH said...

I've also not been sleeping the greatest because of everything on my plate! No twitching yet though..haha.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.com

Dinah Gacon said...

Gotta love Victoria Secrets!!! Yay for that! And yay for vacation soon....

xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

Sarah Wyland said...

The exact same thing happened to me in Victoria Secret a few weeks ago. Top 5 happiest days of my life.

Kristin said...

new bras are the best!

Casey said...

I was fit at Victoria 's as a DD his weekend too. I still think that it seems weird.

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

i think VS is sometimes off on measurements because there is no freaking way I am a B according to them. I have a 15 year old's chest and B it is not!! But yay for you and your DD's!! You can juggle everything, you'll just find a way to make it work. As crazy as it sounds I miss cheer...sometimes

Nikki said...

I'm so dumb. I literally just figured out that your new blog name is because your name is Holly not just because you love celebrities. I'm such a moron!

kaylen said...

It must be the weekend of DD, because that was my fitting result too.

Anonymous said...

I have been bгowsing onlinе more than 3 hоurѕ toԁаy, yet Ι
never found аny interestіng aгtіcle like youгs.
Іt is ргettу worth enough fοr me.
Ӏn my opinion, іf all ѕitе oωneгѕ anԁ
bloggеrs mаde good contеnt as you ԁiԁ, the internеt will bе muсh more useful thаn еνer
bеfoгe.httр://weandt.com/modules.php?namе=Youг_Account&op=userinfο&username=DaleGarνі

Alsо viѕit mу рage: investissement immobilier locatif 2012

Katie said...

happy birthday!! I am late but happy birthday again! :) i love your stripes and vest! and that is all stressful - good for you for finding the little things to be happy about!!

Heather said...

I absolutely love that cargo vest - what a great piece!

XO
Pearls & Paws

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...