Wednesday, April 3, 2013

home tour: bowchicka bedrooms

Our two bedrooms been the most painted rooms in our house.
Does anyone else do that? Paint the same room two three times?
Home decorating is all about trial and error in my book. It's hard to envision a color on the wall until it's, well, on the wall. So needless to say, I've made a pretty darn good painter out of Shawn.
Actually, he's a damn good painter. His edging is perfect...without tape! I keep telling him he should start a painting business in the summer when he's out of school. He says he would hate painting other people's houses. So sorry, kittens, I get to keep his talent all to myself.

Anyway, back to the home tour.
Hopefully you enjoyed the kitchen and living room yesterday.
One to the second floor - two bedrooms and one bathroom and a good sized linen closet.

The Master
When we first moved in, we painted this room dark brown because it got so much sunlight all day.
That lasted a year or two then I couldn't take it anymore. It was too dark and made the room feel smaller. So I picked one of the 50 shades of gray, and voilá!
I have new wall art to hang to replace what's there now, but we'll see if that even gets hung before we move out. I've had it for six months. And I am always wanting new bedding. You don't even want to know how many comforters I've had on each of the beds. It's embarrassing.

 photo 104_zps72579d6f.jpg

 photo 105_zps49c0e86c.jpg

 photo 102_zps77235bb1.jpg
{Our bed frame has drawers underneath which eliminates the need for a dresser and keeps this small room less crowded.}

The Bathroom
This bathroom is connected to the master, but also has a door from the hallway for guests.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen the before and after pics of this little guy.
These are the after pics. Sorry, my towels don't match. It was laundry day for the towels that are normally in here, but even still, I've yet to determine which color of towels I should get since the makeover. Suggestions?

 photo 101_zpsc14f851e.jpg

 photo 100_zps05ce5d63.jpg
{I just added that tray on the toilet a couple weeks ago. I love it. Thank you, Home Goods!}

 photo 107_zps4ae0c9fd.jpg
{Hallways looking into the master bedroom. Bathroom is to the right. The linen closet is that other door.}

 photo 106_zps9ad7a4e2.jpg
{Hallway looking into the spare bedroom. Bathroom is on the left.}

The Spare Bedroom
Now, this room is where the real magic happens - aka where I get ready in the morning.
Needless to say, I spend a lot of quality time in this room. Hence why it's the room that has changed the most in our house. It's been painted three times. Again, I'm embarrassed by the number of comforters and curtains that have been in this room. It's borderline obsessive.
But I've settled on this and this is how it's staying until we move out:

 photo 094_zpsc405c548.jpg
{We recently moved the bed from middle of the wall on the left to where it is now to open up space for, um...the dogs. They lay in here most of the day when we're not home. I'm not a huge fan of putting furniture in front of windows, but in this case, it's one less window for the dogs to bark out of.}

 photo 093_zpsad551804.jpg
{The top middle drawer of the dresser - which we painted black - hides all my hair products and makeup.}

 photo 096_zps337e6d01.jpg
{My second closet. And my scarf collection, which adds some unexpected color to this room. You can see how I hung them here.}

Have I sold you on renting this place yet?
If not, there is one level left to tour - the finished basement, aka The Man Cave.
And it is a sports lover's dream, especially if you're a Buckeye fan.
More on that tomorrow!



 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

23 comments:

M. at Making Sense of Cents said...

Love your home!

Alyssa said...

Love your style :) so homey!!

callie ;) said...

1. where did you get your shower curtain? it's so cute!
2. i also love the tray on the back of the toilet.
3. if you hadn't said anything, i totally wouldn't have noticed that your towels don't match perfectly. they still look good!

Stephanie + Walter said...

I loveee the color in the spare room! :)

Michael said...

I'd totally rent it if I lived in the area. I love all the scarves! Obsessed much :) And the color on the wall is gorgeous!

momFITtingitallin said...

Great colors! I am a person who paints our entire house every few years and what does that mean??? Redecorating :)

lori said...

i love it! your shower curtain is so cute... and do you mind me asking where your master bedding is from? i've been looking for something classic for my downstairs guest bed and can't seem to find something that i love- that isn't super expensive anyways.

Ashley said...

Love the wall color in your master!! Great job!!! That shower curtain is cute too!!

Chelsea said...

Love the Bed on "your room"!! So cute, and the color on the wall?? Well let's just say it makes me want to paint my walls again :)

Anonymous said...

[p]And if you already have a POC helmet and don隆炉t want to beats by dre canada pay the full $330 for a new head protector, you can just buy the neckroll for $180 . Now many beat building software [url=http://www.hdbeatsbydre.co.uk]beats by dre uk[/url] program can cost you numerous bucks and commonly come with an extensive studying curve to match . He asked me to buy noise cancelling headphones from Amazon . Value fr Price 篓C 4 stars due to high price thugh I would stll buy thm regardless . Get these items from dre monster beats shops . Over the same period, the consumer confidence index, fell to a depressing -33 . We assist you in conquering the obstacles you have faced in the course of conventional publishing and authorize the authors who basically don have the moment and also the longing to hang around for a publisher to select their books . You can get superior sound quality with a high degree of fidelity with both the wired and the wireless varieties.[/p][p]Beats is looking to expand into new areas like TV and products for athletes, amongst others, but [url=http://www.hdbeatsbydre.co.uk]beats by dr dre headphones[/url] also appears to be focusing attention on the mobile sector . Monster Beats Studio Lamborghini Limited Edition-Yellow

The particular ear canal will genuinely Beats By Dre Studio room lots of for types ear buds may therapy them all so great and present these types of merchandise the very favored and moreover marvelous views with them . And, yes, that includes the Dr Dre Monster Beats, our previous favourites . In fact, This device could be anyone like TV, Memory Stick, There is a HDMI output included which offers you the ability to connect to an external high-definition device,Dr Dre Studio, The touch-sensitive display [url=http://www.hdbeatsbydre.co.uk]beats by dre headphones uk[/url] on this Satellite M505-S4980 Notebook offers a whole new way to navigate your digital world . Head-phone sound quality compared to the price of resolving strength on the headset to become relatively [url=http://www.hdbeatsbydre.co.uk]beats by dr dre[/url] modest, will have good analytical noises heard the more exhausted your ears, the sound should be hearing taste, usually law-abiding, high-frequency, low frequency compact and powerful, so Headphones to hear some place music is good, costs for their own financial circumstances, but generally the end of the head-set sound quality is perfect for nearly all consumer organizations . Any specific modest property is the reason why virtually all rooms need cell insurance plan . Here is a hearing protection headphones [url=http://www.hdbeatsbydre.co.uk]beats by dre headphones[/url] guide for shooting enthusiasts . It is this experience which is hardly found in other headphones, but when you use dre beats, you get exactly the experience you seek for.[/p]

Katie said...

My mom has repainted every room at their lake house more times than would be considered normal. She would paint the entire room, try to get use to it for a week or so then go buy new paint. hahah

I HATE painting. I could quite possibly be the messiest painter ever. My husband is a really painter. He is like Shawn in that he doesn't use the tape and it turns out PERFECT (and he doesn't get it all over himself).

Love the black dresser and I think I have that mirror.

Anonymous said...

[p]All the Clarisonic Mia clarisonic plus frees " up " earth and additionally lube quickly yet still smoothly, and additionally quite washes the epidermis [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] pores and skin pores . But more problematic is that it needs to use its own clean cotton . AND OH BOY DO I HAVE SOME OPINIONS FOR YOU . It is six times more than the cleanser and makeup remover [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia outlet[/url] cleaning effect, and even together with clean water, can also be cleansed face makeup . The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System was introduced in 2004, and since its arrival it has completely transformed [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2 sale[/url] how we do skin care . So as to achieve [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia[/url] the purpose of cleansing the skin . The sensitive [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic brush[/url] brush head is small, light and ergonomic.[/p]

smk053078 said...

Oh Lordy! This post reminds me that I REALLY need to clean and pick up my house...yours is so gorg and everything is in it's place....it's so cute and homey...is that spare bedroom waiting for me?? ;)

Sarah said...

I just want to move into your spare room!!!

That scarf collection, I am dying holly, DYING!!!

Anonymous said...

Why visitors still use to read news papers when in this technological
world everything is accessible on web?

my website ... Gals Elegance Guidelines Similar Content

Agnes Mayer said...

Great job painting. You have a beautiful home.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

Gwen said...

OMG, my husband is the same way with painting. No tape, and the edging is perfect.

Love the scarf display!

Chelsea said...

This is fun! I almost feel like I'm there visiting!!! ;) Looooove the colors of both rooms!

Anonymous said...

[p]Frederic Cumenal, Tiffany & Co's executive vice president, notes, "Establishing this store on the Champs Elysees will be the ultimate symbol of Tiffany as a truly global luxury brand . Tiffany Jewellery was scouted whilst performing on stage in her home country . By selecting a wonderful pattern, it might provide out the coloring of the eye or even the highlights within your hair . You ought to be the goal of oasis which will interest many see generally speaking party!

Tiffany bracelets are a common and versatile fashion accessory for girls of any age . Sitting in his [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]tiffany for cheap[/url] sun-soaked office at Tiffany & Co . Jewelry as Art



Want to draw curiosity apart by way of the apparel you may be putting on using the 3rd time? you may be reasonably particular no-one real in the event has noticed [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]discount tiffany[/url] it before, but be particular that it's planning to perform second-fiddle by selecting diamond jewelry which could be considered a operate of art . Mine developer the Pebble Partnership and other proponents of the project point to the financial gains and jobs growth promised [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]tiffany and co sale[/url] by the venture . We provide the authentic Tiffany charms jewellery at the lowest prices [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]cheap tiffany jewelry[/url] possible . You may [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]cheap tiffany and co[/url] think it just a joke, but it may happens.[/p]

Val said...

My husband and I hate painting. We purposely bought a house that didn't need much painting right away. Sure the 4th bedroom is pepto pink with a huge horse mural on the wall (and is where my husband gets ready in the morning), but since we don't know what we'll use the room for in 2-3 years (kids?) we didn't want to bother with it now. The 3rd bedroom is painted Ohio State colors with a helmet stripe around the room and a big O on the wall. Luckily we're OSU fans, as are most of our guests!

julia rose. said...

I just found your blog through that ridiculous amazing giveaway and lemme just say... I'm obsessed! You are too cute! And that guest bedroom? To dieeee for!!
Newest follower :)
xoxo

Janna Renee said...

I hate renting, because I want to paint soooo bad! I told Will that I WILL be painting our next place and we will just have to paint it back at the end. I LOVE that color.

Nicole said...

Love your shower curtain! We have the same one in blue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...