Tuesday, April 2, 2013

home tour: kitchen + living room

Yesterday, Shawn and I decided it was a good idea to try to rent out our condo.
We've been talking, for what seems like years, about buying a house. It has been years actually.
So we're doing what we do best, as Shawn would say, figuring it out as we go.
This isn't as random as I just made it seem, but it was a little impulsive yesterday. 
We do have some ducks in a row.
We're in better shape financially than we were when we first started talking about buying a house a couple years ago, so there's one duck. One duck can be it's own row, right?!
Buying another house will be quite the endeavor I'm learning - debt to income ratio, rental agreements, conventional loan vs FHA loan, down payment, PMI {what?!}, taxes, etc. 
I don't remember much of this when buying our condo almost six years ago. That's what happens when you let ambitious 23 year olds sign on the dotted line unsupervised.

Since we aren't going to be able to sell our condo ever any time soon, we're currently looking for renters. 
{If you're in Columbus and looking for a place, hit me up for deets in the comments!}
And since I hoed out our condo on Facebook today, I figured now was as a good time as any to show you the place we call home, starting with our main floor.

Kitchen and Living Room:

 photo 081_zps734af9f4.jpg
{Note to self: declutter space above cabinets - yikes! And I hope renters enjoy the red accent wall because it's going to take 27 coats to get rid of it and ain't nobody got time for that!}

 photo 080_zps3238d8e7.jpg
{We used to have a kitchen table, but it just collected junk and dust. Enter the movable island: great for entertaining and extra cabinet space. Thank you, Target!}

 photo 078_zps912f83ed.jpg

 photo 083_zps991a6b8c.jpg

 photo 084_zps29713f42.jpg
{Don't mind the post-it notes marking where photos should be.}

 photo 086_zps4b36f9ee.jpg

 photo 092_zps04e78a30.jpg



I'm sure HGTV would be all up in my bizznass about the oversized furniture {hey, you gotta be comfy, Jack!}, the personal photos on the wall {no one can deny my niece's cuteness} and maybe even my beloved statement of a horse picture {this is not up for negotiation}.
So, who wants to move in?

Up next: Where the magic happens...

 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

26 comments:

Casey said...

Your home is darling! Can't wait to see more! :)

Esme said...

It's beautiful! I'd move in :)

Katie said...

Cute place!!

We are going to start the house hunting process as well. Unfortunately I don't think our current house will sell for what we want, but renting it in my husband's eyes in NOT an option.

Michelle (michabella) said...

Haha, I love the Duck Dynasty comment ;) BEAUTIFUL place! Wish I could move to Columbus!!!

Not So Newlyweds said...

We're selling our house if you're interested in living on this side of town! Good luck with renting!

callie ;) said...

yay! this is so exciting! also, i don't think i told you this yet, but your kitchen is exactly what we're looking for in our future house. :)

Niki Caron said...

I love it! Your colors are fabulous and I absolutely love your kitchen! The moveable island is great too!!

Dinah Gacon said...

Love your place, its so nice!!! My hubby and I are currently looking for a place to rent...and if we were living in your neck of the woods that would've been perfect!!!

xo Dinah @ sunshine super glam

Anna & Kirby said...

Nice place :) ill keep you in mind for friends that might be looking.

Kaity said...

My husband and I are hoping to move back to Ohio soon (pending new job offers). For heck's sake I wouldn't mind hearing more :) beeautifulblessings@mail.com

Kaity said...

*gmail. stupid autocorrect

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

I'm right in the middle of it all! Closing is in two weeks - I had no idea there would be so many fees. I think there was a point in the early days of the buying process where I just kind of said, "well alright - no more shopping or eating out for a month!"

My biggest advice though? Have no fear and have FUN! It all comes together in the end. :)

I love the red wall.

Penniless Socialite said...

I have big fluffy comfy couches too. I think they look awesome.
Tara
Penniless Socialite
Jewelry Giveaway!

Kimberly said...

I'm totally loving your moveable island! How useful! I'm a sucker for multi-functional furniture and this is definitely a must-have, especially when trying to utilize and capitalize on space! Great focal piece!

XO | KIMBERLYLUXE

Lindsay said...

Hi! I found your blog through Katie at Keep Calm and Carry On...and I'm actually looking for a place to rent! Is this in the preserve crossing?

Grace Lynne Fleming said...

you got that island at Target? SCORE!

grace
http://herumbrella.com
COME on over and enter my giveaway!

Michael said...

Love the kitchen. Someday... someday...

Anonymous said...

[p]For all users, but especially those with skin conditions like acne, it is extremely important to make sure the brush kept clean at all times . Clarisonic MIA is a popular product among women, especially those who are conscious about the beauty of their skin . The skin Care Brush uses to get clean, soft and sleek skin . You know how these things [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia[/url] go . You know how these [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia outlet[/url] things go . Summer Oh, I used [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] the brush, but also oil, but the oil so much, feel refreshing . DDF vs . This means that while I隆炉ll sit and stew over expensive purchases for months and months and months, the minute I spy a cheap version of something, whether or not I need it, I隆炉ll buy it before even thinking twice.[/p][p]Every dermatologist rants about the importance of proper moisturization for radiant skin . co . Black heads, freckles, wrinkles and buildups resulting in pimples are greatly minimized with frequent and careful use . [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic mia 2 sale[/url] co . But people should be careful not to over use the complementary elements . To spare the company from [url=http://www.outletclarisonic.com]clarisonic brush[/url] any unhealthy scenario, it is recommended to dispose of the monotonous decorations for good . Clarisonic Mia - in several colors
Clarisonic Mia is a travel-size cordless brush with one speed, and available in several fashion-forward colors . So with the amount of Suncamp.[/p]

Stephanie + Walter said...

Your condo is beautiful!

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

I'm loving your condo! I'm in Metro Detroit and my house is worth about $12 so we're going to be (hopefully) renting ours soon, too. You're right, buying now is much trickier than when I was 21 & bought this one. Best of luck {to both of us ;)}!

Gwen said...

What area of town is the condo (in case I know anyone)? I love the red wall.

My-cliffnotes said...

I love red walls!

Cálaeb Temple said...

big sur!

pintworks@hotmail.com

Shill ShillCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shill ShillCat said...

I love your blog!I love neutral colors!
I would love for you to stop by my page too and hopefully you support me by following me! I can't wait for your next post.Thanks
www.be-youtifull.com.

ps: ShillCat Women's Accessories is given away an amazing jewelry. Take a look at this link:
http://www.be-youtifull.com/2013/04/shillcat-is-given-away-amazing-jewelry.html

Janna Renee said...

I'd move in ;) Your house is SUPER cute. I would even sleep on those couches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...