Thursday, June 20, 2013

how i got messy {the messy project}


If you haven't heard about The Messy Project, you can get all the deets here.
But the deal is:

1 Item
5 Girls
5 Different Looks
1 Major Blog Post Day


I was PUMPED when my item came in the mail. I ripped the package open like a 5-year-old on Christmas morning. And I spied with my little eye, an adorable flirty, lace skirt in a pretty, pale peach, perfect for summer.

I am not a girly girl per say, and this skirt is girly in my book. But I'm a sucker for lace and this skirt is perfect for twirling, but not if you're wearing a thong (no neighbors were mooned in during the photo shoot).
I came up with a laid back twist - that was comfy and chic and my kind of girly.

 photo 3177d46e-acec-44ae-a625-061c9b9d943c_zpsaa93e333.jpg
{skirt: Forever 21; chambray and tank: Old Navy; shoes: Marshall's; watch: Kohl's; bracelet: Chloe vs Tank; earrings: Target}

 photo 96d28dcb-2358-4f9c-805f-546e6b3e0296_zps5ac5648d.jpg

 photo 55018615-c13c-4fff-811b-5d2ed3669e28_zps819e1c96.jpg

 photo DSC_0411_zpse4f3ea0e.jpg

 photo 1e2f5850-412c-4190-a1ca-d6a6f6db8a98_zpse21f4c97.jpg

 photo DSC_0413_zpsd7f4b694.jpg

 photo DSC_0414_zps5b0ad33e.jpg

 photo DSC_0416_zps9c84823c.jpg

And I just have to give Shawn a shout out for indulging me and being my photographer. Thanks, babe!

What do you think of my mess?

Check out all of this month's Messy Project looks:
 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png




27 comments:

Pamela said...

I love your 'love' shirt!! The skirt looks great on you!

Shannon Dew said...

Well now don't you look adorable!

Katie said...

you are so cute! love the love shirt! :)

Nikki said...

What a fun idea. I love your casual up do with this look!

Michael said...

Love this! Exactly how I'd try to style it. Casual and comfy!

Chelsea said...

This is too awesome! Love the skirt, but like you, I'd feel it's super girly and don't know if I could pull it off lol. You look good in it though! Great outfit :)

Kaylin said...

Love the look, you did a great job styling it. Where are the wedges from?

callie ;) said...

the last picture is my faveeee. :)

Ashley said...

you are the CUTEST!

Katie Did What said...

K, hi, you are the CUTEST. Love the whole outfit, Holly! :)

xo

Miss Chelsea said...

You are too cute!

Maddie~The Whimsy One said...

Really like this look, very casual flirty. Sad no one was mooned in the process, though;)

Carly said...

I love this, great shirt!

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

J and A said...

Love your look! Cute shirt too!

Emily Carnes said...

Newest follower from the messy project. I just love that skirt!! It looks so fun--and you made the outfit look so effortless and comfortable. I'm going to have to look more in to the project, because it looks like such fun!

Emily
www.beblessedyall.com

Kelly {Sparkles and Shoes} said...

So cute, I love this casual look!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Jessica Who? said...

you are too cute!!

Libby's Life said...

adorable! I love the way you styled your skirt :)

Nina Piccini said...

This is so cute and fun. I love that you totally dressed this down!!

xo, Nina
afterthe40barfinish.blogspot.com

Kristine Foley said...

Loving the laid back twist you put on the skirt!! Totally something I'd love to wear! You look great as usual beautiful friend! XO

Kristine -The Foley Fam {unedited}

V said...

you're just too cute!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I love it! Even though you say you're not a girly girl, I like how you made this your own style and didn't make it all frilly and cutesy. I like the edge you added!

alycia said...

Am I allowed to say I have a favorite Messy Girl for this round and it's YOU by far?! Well, I just did so peeps will just have to deal. love Love LOVE how you styled this. You're too cute!
♥alycia

melis said...

so cute!!! this is totally an outfit i would wear!!

xoxo~melis@mrd girl musings

Gwen said...

You did a great job with this! I love the mix of sweet and sassy.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Ahhh you look so freaking cute! I love everything about this look. I love how you made it a more casual chic look. I love the top knot bun too! I never would've thought of pairing it with a cambaray top but I'm obsessed! These pictures turned out fabulous too!! Thank you so much for all your hard work. I couldn't have asked for a better job!! I hope you'll play again, I loved having you!!! Love you!! XO

Janna Renee said...

You are too stinkin' cute! Great job, girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...