Monday, June 3, 2013

how to dash like a warrior

1. Have your group wear a matching bright color (not that it will matter once you get muddy). Maybe not construction worker yellow. It was a pretty popular color. 

 photo 98de8e6f-3618-47ad-b066-39ca5d35df45_zpsf207cab2.jpg


 photo 941396fa-693b-4bbf-a217-05de85c8d98f_zps58e572f9.jpg

2. Take a before and after shot. And attempt to look badass-y in the after shot. This race was tough, you've earned the right to flex your muscles.

 photo 944232_599241393427813_1448921310_n_zps0ab0d66e.jpg


 photo 970058_599241430094476_1975554265_n_zps2e908a69.jpg

3. Hope for an ample-sized body of water nearby to rinse off in. There will be mud in places mud should not be, and no wimpy hose is going to do the trick. So run your little self into the lake like you're a lifeguard on Bay Watch.

 photo 401826_599241870094432_1635997259_n_zps83fc3ef1.jpg

4. Don't bother training (example: my sister - second from left - had a baby last August and hasn't worked out since being pregnant and she did just fine). It's mind over matter for this race.

5. Get muddy! I mean what the hell, right? Just be prepared to take a 30-minute shower when you get home. I'm serious. Mud will be e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e.

6. Donate your shoes. Trust me, you won't want them and it's for a good cause. But bring flip flops to put on because you'll most likely have to walk to your car through a gravel parking lot and end up getting a piggy back ride from your mom (thanks, Mom!).

7. Make sure to get your free beer at the end. You've earned it!

This weekend, my mom, sisters, my sister's husband and his best friend and my other sister's boyfriend ran the Warrior Dash in Butler, Ohio at the Clear Fork Ski Resort. We ran on muddy trails through the woods up and down ski slopes (all at the same time!) and through 10 obstacles for 3.2 miles. 3.2 miles doesn't sound bad, right?! Well, when it's uphill for the majority of the time and the trails are so slick and thick with mud, let's just say my glutes are a little perkier since the race.

There are races across the country and every course is different. But it really is a lot of fun if you like a challenge (and feeling like a badass when you finish). I will be doing this race again fo sho! Anyone care to join me?!

P.S. Cbusers: Don't forget to enter below to win 1 of 2 entries to the Color Mania 5K on June 8 at the Columbus Expo Center! Courtesy of Honest Tea (see my review here). Winners will be announced on Wednesday!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Sami's Shenanigans


 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

25 comments:

Erin said...

Very cool-- looks like a blast!! Jared has been wanting to do one of these and is trying to convince me to join him :)

Carolyn said...

FUN!! :)

Katie Did What said...

That is SO AWESOME!!! Mud runs scare me, so you're just super badass in my eyes. Get it, girllll.

xo

Megan said...

My boyfriend is doing the Warrior Dash this upcoming weekend which will be his second year doing it. He tried to get me to sign up with him this year but I refuse to run through mud and get all dirty! Kudos to you for not being afraid of the mud! Plus, it sounds like a tough race too!

Gwen said...

Wait, who gets the muddy shoes? What kind of donation is that? :) LOL @ the piggy back ride from your mom!

Katie said...

Soo fun!! I haven't ever done one because I don't run. So it's good to know you don't have to train or anything!

Agnes Mayer said...

That's awesome. We had ours this weekend as well. I didn't do it this year but i'm hoping to next year.

Don't forget to link up this Thursday for my Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

My-cliffnotes said...

I couldn't do it I hate mud!

Jordan Shaner said...

I've always wanted to try this! Congratulations, you're officially a badass!!

xxo

http://thattallgirlinheels.com

Anonymous said...

Blogging has become an additional medium that brings fallen to its cunningness of
business owners. Some states, such as Massachusetts, are very
gradual.

Also visit my page ... ochrona przeciwpo┼╝arowa

Anonymous said...

Bungalow house plans really are quickly returning being a desired home method.

Macy's in Sherman Oaks current put up significant display of ornaments.

Also visit my blog post - ochrona przeciwpo┼╝arowa

Liz @ Fitness Blondie said...

I absolutely love these pictures girl! So many of my friends do warrior dash and I so want to try it! Looks like a blast!

http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

Erin said...

How do you people do these things? I think I'd actually fall over within the first fifty feet. But congrats, I love the after pics!

Susan Coates said...

So glad I met you on Twitter! {I'm spincycleblog}. Yay you for "dashing!" Did Warrior Dash in suburban Chicagoland last year...and gearing up for 5 miles of cray-cray this Saturday in the Urban Warrior Dash!

Anonymous said...

It's is an creative art form that are inclined to never lose celebrity. DVDs on Kundalini yoga and remaining forms of Pilates are also dished up by this service.

Here is my weblog borelioza

Anonymous said...

Drink at quite 2 gallons per (not soft cold drinks
and juices > WATER). Design it - and then begin, step by
walk to live this situation.

My blog; borelioza

Kelly {Sparkles and Shoes} said...

I agree, before and after photos are key!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Anonymous said...

If you added your mind towards it you will soon be accomplishing many of your favorite goals.
This will head out to a long best way in improving these listening skills.


My webpage - candida

Anonymous said...

The entire songs from our Indian film Industry, Bollywood are part.
Who's puts the frame and soul into a calming meditative claim.

Feel free to surf to my homepage candida

Sarah said...

You are awesome. I like running but I hate getting dirty so you get major props for this.

Meghan said...

This is simply awesome! A Warrior Dash is definitely on my running bucket list. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

The technology of this software works stage sensible.
Many companies are therefore presenting services in personal
computer development.

My site: historia piwa

Anonymous said...

Finish your backyard clean-up before weather conditions gets too nasty.
And thus began all history of beautifully toy blocks intended for children.


my web blog - historia piwa

Anonymous said...

Use blue painter's tape and attain them around 3/8 of an squirm apart. Check their track-record not to mention liaisons with trades-people and clientele.

My blog historia piwa

Janna Renee said...

I want to do one of these! I didn't know about donating your shoes. That's a cool idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...