Thursday, June 6, 2013

i've come to realize...

 photo e4e71ea4-8fef-4734-a9ec-71260b19d0a1_zpsb81a9408.jpg
{...that I cannot hold my liquor like I used to. Photo circa 2006 on my 22nd birthday}

A couple weeks ago, I ran across a gem of a Facebook note - you know, one of those survey-type things everyone did when Facebook was new? Yep, one of those puppies. It was called "I've come to realize..." and I took the time to answer all 36 questions. That was one hell of a Friday night back in June 2009.

Well, I thought it would be funny to share my responses then and now. Don't worry, I only picked out 10 questions to respond to again {I kept the original question numbers}. You're welcome.

4. I've come to realize that I need...
Then: to live life to the fullest every day.
Now: more sleep than I used to.

7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk...
Then: I don't care what people think.
Now: I hope I still look sober, haven't lost anything and that there is a Taco Bell nearby.

9. I've come to realize that certain people...
Then: will never get it.
Now: should not procreate.

13. I've come to realize that my cell phone...
Then: doesn't have to go everywhere with me.
Now: is like oxygen. I need it to function and survive.

16. I've come to realize that right now I'm thinking...
Then: about lunch.
Now: about lunch. Well, it's nice to know some things never change.

24. I've come to realize that life...
Then: can be simple, we just make it complicated.
Now: is what you make it.

27. I've come to realize that my friends...
Then: are SWEET, duh!
Now: are an amazing, supportive, smart and fun group of women. No matter what life throws our way, we have each other. And there will never be a dull moment when we're together.

30. I've come to realize that maybe I should...
Then: shop less. Did you notice the key word, maybe?
Now: say "no" more and stop trying to please everyone all the time. I have a right to be happy too.

33. I've come to realize that my past...
Then: is behind me.
Now: has helped shape me. Everything - good or bad - that has happened in my life has led me here. Sure, I have regrets - things I did or didn't do - but I wouldn't change things because then I wouldn't be where or who I am today.

And because I think you all could have some fun with this, I've decided to host a
one-time link up next Thursday, June 13!

 photo IveComeToRealize_zps60882e78.jpg

Share the things you've come to realize. Here are a few more examples, but the possibilities are really endless:

1. I've come to realize that I should not be allowed out in public when I first roll out of bed.
2. I've come to realize that the only proof of my age are my gray hairs.
3. I've come to realize that there is a reason tequila and I broke up years ago.
4. I've come to realize that men...{fill in the blank}
5. I've come to realize that my bra and underwear will never match.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
So don't forget to link up with me next Thursday, June 13!!

 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

14 comments:

Jacqueline said...

haha! I remember doing things like these and on myspace too... I bet it was pretty funny reading through those answers!

I'll definitely be joining you next week for the linkup! Great idea!

Fletcher @ High Cotton Style said...

Such a fun link up!

Emily said...

haha this is amazing! I definitely agree with the cell phone one! Too funny.

Fantastic link-up, can't wait to join in!

Elizabeth Smith said...

Love the one about the cell phone... It is hard to remember a time when my cell phone wasn't constantly attached to my hip. Actually I can, I accidentally left it at home the other day and while I panicked at first, the few hours I spent without it were so peaceful!!

Definitely want to join you with the link up on this one! And it also wants me to look back through my facebook notes and see what gems I have hiding in there!

Kristine said...

Hahaha, I love this! You might get a link up post out of me ;)

Anonymous said...

Your might be the actual difficult task. We also clarify this
particular pros and each of our cons linked to each and almost one particular.


my webpage: historia piwa

Cassie Marshall said...

HAhaha.. loved reading this! Can't wait to link up!

Anonymous said...

We see here how IT business employers and software growth are inter-linked.
The learning will happen from mastery with the software.



Also visit my web-site; historia piwa

Anonymous said...

Guarantees both close proximity to the end-customer, and professional installment.


Feel free to visit my web blog - historia piwa

Shane Prather said...

Love this idea! Your answers are too funny :)

Anonymous said...

Develop yourself amid the emerald nature. Homestays and bungalows end up being best modes of most accommodation on plantation
tours in Kerala.

Here is my website :: szalona-organizacja-podróży.pl

Mary said...

hahaha I LOVE this! Great idea! "See" you Thursday! :)

Kat@shop.school.sleep. said...

I love your link ups!! definitely joining in!! and your answers are very interesting to compare to!! love the lunch one hahahah

Michael said...

What an awesome look back at your former self!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...