Friday, June 21, 2013

when you throw a surprise baby shower for bloggers...

 photo 8beb6006-afab-4e9a-887e-583f47513d91_zps06239fd0.jpg

Happy first day of Summer, chickenheads!
Speaking of heads, mine is acting like a pouting toddler today.
One too many glasses of cheap wine last night sitting around a kitchen table with two good friends, switching topics of conversations faster than frat boys shotgunning beers. Just livin' the dream.
So pouting-toddler brain equals Mexican food for lunch.
Totally worth it.

And now because my pouting-toddler brain can only think about lunch, I shall present you with a lot of pictures.

This week, some Columbus bloggers {who are more like blogger-turned-IRL friends of mine} and I hosted a surprise baby shower for three of said Columbus bloggers.

 photo DSC_0383_zps2c05714c.jpg
{The Preggos: Jenny, Shannon and Brittany}

 photo DSC_0366_zps475270a4.jpg
{in the box: turkey and beef paninis, pasta salad, fruit kabobs}

 photo DSC_0373_zps92bc4b04.jpg

 photo DSC_0374_zpsed6d7f33.jpg

 photo DSC_0370_zps8084788a.jpg

Each of the preggos got one of each of the books and a set of blocks. Oh, and a Chipotle gift card because preggos love Chipotle. {Please note, that while I LOVE Chipotle, I am NOT pregnant.}

 photo DSC_0384_zps1c42aac4.jpg
{me, Lindsey and Lindsey}

 photo DSC_0389_zps973cf21b.jpg

 photo DSC_0390_zpse475c1b5.jpg

Thanks to Fletcher for hosting us all on her new deck! It was a perfect summer {well, technically late spring} night. And The Preggos were truly surprised and so grateful. I am grateful to call these beautiful women friends.

Happy weekending, doll faces.
I plan to plant myself at the pool as much as possible.
Hello, sunshine. Helloooooo, summer!

 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

19 comments:

Margaret said...

Adorable! Those little dinner boxes are so cute!

Forever Dream Photography said...

I had to laugh because you started off talking about your toddler brain due to too much cheap wine and then I started reading about the preggo gifts. Suddenly I was LOST haha, then I of course decided to keep reading to the part where you clarify you are NOT pregnant. This for whatever reason made me laugh.

Not So Newlyweds said...

Cannot thank you girls enough for the beautiful shower!! You're amazing!!

Katie said...

what a fun thing to do!! everything looks so cute!

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

Gorgeous!! I love all the details.

Happy Weekend!

xo

www.simplylowcountry.com

Carolyn said...

So cute! :) And so nice of you guys!!

Gwen said...

How fun! Very appropriate that I read this while eating Chipotle for lunch.

Now I have some new Cbus bloggers to follow!

Erin LFF said...

How fun!! What a great party, and the gifts are perfect :) Now I must go stalk other Ohio bloggers!!

Stephanie said...

Awww cute baby shower!

Shannon Dew said...

You girls are too much! Thanks again for the wonderful shower!!!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

honestly the sweetest thing ever. i am in such awe! and i am dyyyying over those blocks! i need.

Melanie said...

What a cute idea! I love the book idea and the blocks!

Jenny said...

Thank you again for the sweet surprise shower! So lucky to have you girls in my life.

Kristine said...

How awesome! I'm jealous of blogger meet ups like these... I'm waiting for a good Seattle one!

My-cliffnotes said...

What a fab idea! More important though: where is your top from?

Ashley R said...

Aw what a cute idea. I love all of the details!

Another Clean Slate said...

Who doesn't love Chipotle?! What a fun idea! And I love that you did the boxed lunches- so simple but perfect.

Janna Renee said...

Umm...just so you know...We will be in Ohio in August!! I think we will be in Akron/Canton, and I don't know how far that is, but it would be AMAZING if we could cross paths!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...