Tuesday, August 20, 2013

how girls play fantasy football {draft night essentials}

Let's talk fantasy football. It isn't just for the boys. My friends and I have an all girls' fantasy football league, and we take this shiz seriously. Yes, 12 women playing fantasy football. Eat your heart out. We have dubbed our league Touchdowns and Tiaras, and I have cleverly {or at least I think it's pretty clever} named my team, Blitz and Glamour. Other names in our league include Show Me Your TDs, Bombshell Ballers, What's Up Blitzes, and Tenacious Tassels.

Friday night, my girlfriends and I got together at the home of our fearless league commissioner for a live draft night to kick off the 2013 fantasy football season. When in doubt, always go with the live draft option. It's a great excuse to get the girls together, eat, booze and laugh your way to fabulous abs.

I've been playing fantasy football {through Yahoo Sports} for at least four years, but this is the second year for our all girls' league. I've learned a few tips along the way. Here's how we kick our fantasy football season off right.

Fantasy Football Draft Night Essentials
 
 photo FantasyFootballEssentials_zpsc1bc86d3.jpg

{from top left to right and clockwise}

1. Game face. Do not be intimidated by trash talk. 
2. ESPN.com and a draft kit, including lists of the top players by position. Here's a tip, check player stats from the past two years and check quarterback passing attempts to determine if the team is a pass or run team, which will help you pick running backs and receivers.
3. Team apparel. Here we go, Brownies!
4. Your closest gal pals. An all girls' league is so much fun.
5. Pick a good-looking, hardworking commissioner. Our commissioner is a babe {and my bestie} and she does an amazing job managing our league. A lot of work goes into organizing the league and the draft, so choose wisely.
6. A good reason to win. Besides throwing in $10, the ladies of the Touchdown and Tiaras league play for the right to wear the tiara on draft night. This has been a great motivator to keep all the girls involved throughout the season. I came in second last year, but damn it, I want to wear that tiara!
Optional: Eye black and the N*Sync station on I Heart Radio. I highly recommended both.

Do you play fantasy football?

 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

14 comments:

Kristine said...

Yeah, girl! I play fantasy football, too! Wouldn't have it any other way! :)

The Pink Growl said...

I love fantasy football! I'm not playing this year...sadly...but it's so much fun!

Miss Chelsea said...

That's hilarious! 3/4 of my girlfriends know nothing about football except that they wear tight pants, sadly

Karra said...

I love fantasy football! I'm in one with my college friends, both girls and boys are in the league and last year girls came in 1st & 2nd! :) I'm also in one with my family. I can't wait for draft night!

Ericka said...

An all girls league sounds like so much fun! I'm going in to my third year playing Fantasy Football and this will be our second year with a live draft. It's guys & girls. We have a "traveling trophy" so the winner gets to keep it for the year. My husband won last year and always points out the trophy to remind me that he won :)

KatyK said...

I signed up for a league this year...because I am determined to pay attention to NFL and not just collegiate. But I have a feeling I may have bit off more than I can chew.

Jess said...

Thanks for the tips! I will be playing in my first league this year.

callie ;) said...

i have always wanted to play in an all-girls league, and i love that you play for the tiara! also, i bet i can guess who tenacious tassels is. haha. :)

Gwen said...

I've played FF for several years now with my husband and his friends and their wives. Guess what? The first FIVE years were won by us girls! I love it - so much fun!

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I adore this post!!!!!

Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne said...

This defiantly makes me want to play!1

smk053078 said...

You girls are too much fun!!! I have never played because, let's face it....I don't know any players...just my boys on the Texans!! :) WIN THAT TIARA this year!!!!

raisul islam said...

Thanks a lot for share your important post.it is informative post for football.This post give me more information for football.This post entertainment football fan's.i like this post very much.live football

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...