Monday, September 23, 2013

life's ups and downs

 photo 182567_678957696705_1556824075_n.jpg
{my best friends and I circa October 2012}

Last week was a slap-in-the-face reminder of life's ups and downs. We take the good with the bad. The happy with the sad. The highs with the lows. Life proves, time and time again, to be quite the balancing act.

While Audra {right} is experiencing one of the worst things in her life {her daughter's life-threatening illness}, Kristen {left} is celebrating one of the happiest moments of her life {the birth of her daughter}. And just like in the photo above, I feel in the middle. My emotions are a mixture of joy and concern for these two women. These beautiful mothers.

At the same time, Shawn's grandma is very sick. She's in stage 4 renal kidney failure and refusing dialysis. She's battled a rare form of cancer for years and her medication has attacked her organs. Today, she's being transferred from her hometown hospital to Columbus for pacemaker surgery.

On Friday morning, I also got a call from my sister telling me that one of my high school classmates had died. That makes at least four {in the Class of 2002} by my count. Four people gone way too soon.

My heart is both happy and heavy. I've cried tears of joy and sadness. And I have been reminded of how precious life truly is, and how it is up to each one of us to make each moment in our lives count. 
 photo hollysig_zps6042c54d.png

7 comments:

Renata Barbosa said...

I know exactly how you feel. This past summer has been one of the toughest of my life. My grandmother while here on vacation from Brazil suffered a fatal heart attack. It was as though our lives were flipped upside down. Life, well, it is complicated. Filled with our greatest joys and our greatest sadness. I'll be sending lots of positive vibes your way =)

xoxo

KatyK said...

I'm praying for Audra's little one. I had no idea until she posted the picture on insta. She's also been added to our church's' prayer list. I'm so sorry to hear about Shawn's grandma too. Keep your head up girlie.

Mary said...

Oh wow, that's a lot. Praying for you. :)

T Bomb said...

I'm sorry to hear you're facing so many tough situations right now. It's been a rough week. I hope it gets better soon Holly :)

callie ;) said...

thinking of you, lovey! i'm sorry i didn't read this sooner. i hope audra's little girl is doing better - same for shawn's grandma. let me know if you guys need anything. love you!!

Janna Renee said...

My heart goes out to all of you with the good and the bad! Prayers for the sick :(

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...