Monday, December 30, 2013

what i want in 2014

 photo nye2_zps7d89a7be.jpg

 photo nye1_zps9ed98a23.jpg

 photo nye4_zps835b94b4.jpg

 photo nye5_zps8b92a133.jpg
{skirt: Old Navy; shirt: H&M; scarf: Forever 21; booties: Target}

It's time to kiss 2013 goodbye.
There is just something so refreshing about the start of a new year. It has me giddy.
And I'm a fan of even numbers, so I have high hopes for 2014.
However, I'm not really a fan of New Year's resolutions for one reason: I rarely stick with them {and by rarely, I mean never}. Hell, come March, I've forgotten what my resolutions even were. Fail. Last year, I wrote them in a note on my phone and forgot I wrote the note. Epic fail.

A couple days ago, my fellow Ohioan, Erin, wrote this little ditty about her theme for 2014.
And, damn it, she got me thinking.

If I had to pick a theme for 2013 that sums up my life, it would have to be "busy." Gross. And I'll tell you why that's gross. I have been so busy keeping a weekly schedule that I have come to loathe.
I have heard so many people say to me, "I don't know how you do it." The simple answer: time management. But the question I started asking myself several month ago is: why do I do it?
I am an overachiever by nature. A Type-A personality with perfectionist tendencies. And that can be so annoying at times. But I have worked hard for the things I have and the things I have accomplished, and I am proud of the woman I have become.

Still, what I have noticed about myself over the last year is that I do not take the time to truly enjoy what I have and what I have accomplished. I'm a doer, so once I cross something off my to-do list, I am on to the next thing. I'm constantly chasing something. And I am tired.

In 2014, I want to simply enjoy my life. If it makes me happy, it stays. If it doesn't, it goes. I have already made one big decision that has made me feel lighter and happier - but that's another story for a another post in the very near future.

I don't know if I would call it a theme, but I just want to truly enjoy my life. 
I'm ready to close the book on 2013 and say hello to 2014.
And to soak up all the goodness a fresh start in a new year brings.
Cheers!

4 comments:

callie ;) said...

can't wait to see what 2014 holds for you! xoxo :)

Steve Finnell said...

CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD?

On the Day of Pentecost Peter quoted the prophet Joel (Acts 2:21'And it shall be that everyone who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.')

To call on the name of the Lord is to acknowledge the authority and power of the Lord, and follow in obedience by meeting the terms of pardon.

The apostle Peter did not tell those on the Day of Pentecost to say the "sinner's prayer." Saying the "sinner's prayer" is not calling on the name of the Lord.

Peter preached the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus. Peter declared the Jesus was Lord and Christ. (Acts 2: 22-26) They obviously believed Peter's preaching because they asked the question(Acts 2:37 ....."Brethren what shall we do?")
Peter did not tell them to say the "sinner's prayer." What was Peter's response to their question? (Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.)


THE NARRATIVE OF CALLING ON THE NAME OF THE LORD.
1. FAITH: Believe in the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of Jesus. Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.
2. CONFESSION: Acknowledge Jesus as the Christ and the Son of God.
3. REPENTANCE: Make the commitment to turn from sin and turn toward God.
4. WATER BAPTISM: Be immersed into Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.


HOW DID THE ETHIOPIAN EUNUCH CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD? (Acts 8:25-40


1. Philip preached Jesus to him. (Acts 8:35)
2. He confessed Jesus as The Christ the Son of God. (Acts 8:37)
3. He was baptized in water. Immersed by Philip. (Acts 8:38-39)
The Ethiopian eunuch did not say the sinner's pray nor was he asked to do so by Philip.


Romans 10:13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."


Romans 10:9-10 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.


To call on the name of the Lord is to acknowledge His power and authority and confess Him as Lord and Christ . (Acts 2:26,Acts 8:37, Romans 10:9-10) To call on the Name of the Lord is to repent and be baptized. (Acts 2:38)


WE ARE TOLD TO CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD TO BE SAVED.


We are never told we are saved by "faith only." We are never told that saying the "sinner's prayer" is calling on the name of the Lord.


IF SAYING THE "SINNER'S PRAYER" IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR SALVATION? THEN WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR SALVATION.


THE REQUIREMENTS!
1. Faith: John 3:16
2. Belief and baptism: Mark 16:16
3. Confession and belief: Romans 10:9-10
4. Born of water and Spirit: John 3:5
5. Grace and faith: Ephesians 2:8
6. Buried through baptism: Roman 6:4-5
7. Water baptism: 1 Peter 3:20-21
8. Baptism: Acts 22:16
9. Baptized into Christ: Galatians 3:27
10. Believe: Acts 16:30-31
11. Repentance and baptism: Acts 2:38
12. God's mercy, water baptism, and the Holy Spirit: Titus 3:5
13. Water baptism: Colossians 2:12-13
14. Repentance: Acts 3:19


IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED THESE REQUIREMENTS---THEN YOU HAVE CALLED ON THE NAME OF THE LORD!

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

Erin LFF said...

I love this so much! :) I think a big part of what I want to do in 2014 is to simplify things as well and just find more time to ENJOY the things I enjoy!!!

juty roy said...

Realy Breaking News,Event News,Magazines,Online Newspapers Etc.

Viewe More Link:

Online Newspapers

Free Online TV Stations

Watch live tv channels

Teen Magazines

Animal Magazines

Breaking News

Current Events

Articles and Current Events

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...